Sheets Viewer Update - Cache Clear May Be Required ×

Chapter 01a: When Home Burns (Welcome to Vogler)

Kamishiro_Rin

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
Athletics: -1
Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Investigation: -1
Nature: +1
Religion: -1
:
8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +3
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

The gully dwarf warlock walks along with her friend Decimus, as they went shopping.  She has little advice for Mery, as she tends to just wear whatever was available, whenever she needed clothes, with little consideration for fashion or even cleanliness.  "That Place flooded, once, so I swam then.  Otherwise, I try to stay in water that doesn't go past my knees.  I think there are things in the water that can bite you; are there things in the water that bite?" she asks, as the conversation shifts.  "Might be good.  I think I can make a stew with fishes.  It would be different.  Do mushrooms grow underwater?"

OOC

Action: Casting Prestidigitation to cool Mery's clothes.

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 16/18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1
Save: −1

Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +3
Medicine: +3
Perception: +5
Survival: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan follows the knight and dwarf to the Brass Crab nodding appropriately at Artanis.  "I think I remember an Alnwick.  It doesn't have a local smithy, right?"

After Artanis goes to shake out of his armor, he unshoulders his shield and backpack setting them near a wall and settles into a chair.  He orders three beer and offers to Modri, "the first rounds are on the librarian.  What 'cha been up to 'bout town?  Anything interesting?"

OOC

Action: Carouse

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Insight: +5
Perception: +7★

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Going along with Mery, Hunni, and Decimus on their impromptu shopping trip, Merituuli bids Artanis farewell as he also leaves for the Brass Crab.  "We'll meet up with you in a bit!" 

He browses about the area, resisting the temptation to buy more salmon, eventually finding a fletcher and refilling his quiver with crossbow bolts before returning to the group in time to see Mery's new outfit.  Smiling, he comments, "Certainly seems more comfortable, good choice!"

When the half-elf speaks on her experience with water, Merituuli frowns slightly, apologizing with, "Ah, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to bring up bad memories, Mery.  I'd offer to teach you how to swim... but I might not be the best teacher, considering my capabilities.  I might forget something obvious in the moment, like that you have to hold your breath."

As the conversation turns to questions about leaving home, he grows introspective for a moment, eventually answering, "From what I know of other elves, that seems to be the case, yes, especially our Dargonesti cousins to the north.  I sincerely doubt that any of you have met a sea elf before me!  But I left home because of Ispin.  I was always a bit... let's say, adventurous, but Ispin lit something in my heart.  I wanted to be a traveling hero, just like him.  See the world and help those in need, all that.  So... I did!"  Looking embarrassed for a moment, he adds, "My family had a lot of expectations of me, but... I kind of ran away from all of that.  I hope Mother is doing alright..."

Looking to Decimus as he speaks on the importance of his robes, Merituuli grips at his necklace.  Strung along its length is a collection of shark teeth, shells, and pearls.  Nodding in understanding, he states, "It's comforting to have a reminder of home.  The cherry blossoms sound beautiful, I'd love to see them in person if I ever have the chance."

Merituuli can't help but laugh at Hunni's questions about things in the water that bite.  He presents his left hip to the small dwarf, where one can clearly see an oblong scar with jagged teeth puncture marks.  "Oh, there are plenty of things that bite, trust me.  Have you ever seen a shark before, Hunni?  There's plenty of different kinds, but the biggest ones I've come across are absolutely vicious hunters.  Almost didn't get away from the one that gave me this."  He grows confused at the mention of "mushrooms", pondering, "I'm not sure if I even know what a mushroom is.  Is that some kind of plant?"

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots
Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Mery listens to Decimus explain about his robes, and jerks slightly when he mentions appreciating and protecting the beauty around them.  Her ever-present emotions rise, and she rapidly shoves them back down again.  'I don't care what you hand me, Day.  I'm not crying until the funeral!'

Having gotten herself into a semblance of order, she notes that Decimus doesn't make eye contact as he talks and seems a bit uncomfortable with something.  'Is he worried about being judged for wearing something different?'  In a move that for her is greatly daring, she gently places a hand on his arm and lets it linger for no more than one second.  While she's not sure how much touch he can handle, she knows she's not ready to give more than that.  She says softly, "That sounds like a wonderful reason to wear pink.  And I agree with Kai - your home sounds lovely."

When Kai apologizes for having brought up something tied to a bad memory, she tells him, "You've nothing to apologize for.  Sadly, my near drowning was far from the worst of my childhood memories, and mine are of the sort where talking about them is actually more helpful than not talking about them.  I find they are a bit like a monster that dwells in the darkness.  When I don't talk about them, they can sneak up on me at any time and cause all sorts of trouble.  But when I shine a bright light on them, it's a lot harder for them to do that because I can see what's happening, or sometimes others see it before I do.  I've not broken the stranglehold my memories have on me completely, but I've made a bit of progress with it and while I'm out exploring in the world, one of my goals is to make some progress in one of the areas that is still kind of troublesome for me."  She gnaws her lip when she finishes, unsure how the others will take this explanation.

When Kai mentions the expectations his family has on him, she's about to suggest sending a message or letter, but then it hits her - a letter wouldn't survive a trip underwater.  She asks him, "How do your people record or transmit information?   Do you have to do everything by word of mouth?"

She grins at Hunni's question about whether mushrooms are found underwater and at Kai's lack of knowledge about them.  She doesn't know the answer to Hunni's question, but she tells Kai, "Mushrooms are a fungus, commonly found in dark, damp places like caves.  Technically, they're not plants, though they grow on the ground like plants do.  Some are poisonous, but many of the non-poisonous ones are edible and we use them much like we do vegetables."

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

@tyrtaeus  You mentioned the Sword Coast.  That's in the Forgotten Realms world.  This is Krynn, which is a different world.  Sounds like you're wanting something with an oriental flavor.  Off the top of my head, I unfortunately can't think of anything like that, though I've not read all of the books.  Though I dunno - maybe Decimus got swept through some kind of portal from the Forgotten Realms to Krynn?

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13  | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)
 | SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V S
Duration: 1 round
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: 1 round
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk © (a drop of mercury)
Tash's Hideous Laughter © (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Identify (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Detect Magic ©
Absorb Elements
Charm Person
Comprehend Languages [Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]

When Hunni speaks of water past her knees, he can't help but feel like there are very few bodies of water that fall into the category considering her height, and his introspective lamentations are forced away as he imagines the ankle deep water the little Gully Dwarf would consider knee deep.  As usual, his small companion does not quite realize the impact her carefree and untroubled nature has on his brooding thoughts, all of which is compounded when Mery lays a compassionate hand on his arm, lingering for only a moment, but the feeling remains long after her hand does.  Decimus feels considerably lighter as the conversation moves along, with Merituuli explaining that his life of adventure could be attributed to their shared friend Ispin, and thinking back on it, he could see the same fire and charm exuding from the Sea Elf that he shared with the old adventurer, and given his guilt about running away to explore, he was just as warm-hearted.  When he points out the scar on his hip, the Wizard briefly casts his eye towards it, feeling like this was the reason he rarely dipped more than his toes in the water.

As Mery opens up about her anxieties to them, that feeling that he was surrounded by people that understood themselves much better than he would ever understand his own traumas comes back, but her explanation does ease some of his hesitations regarding speaking up about it.  Maybe in the future.  As quickly as it comes, it goes, and the conversation turns to the interesting cultural and social customs of the Sea Elves, and then to a quick class about mushrooms.  As the group continues on through the market, he listens quietly to the conversation before interjecting.

"Perhaps, if we've no more shopping to do, we should turn our heads to the Brass Crab and the companions that await us there, I am very excited to hear the tale of our exploits from Modri"  

spacer.png

OOCAction:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

*I wrote sword coast because I think I'm just used to using that, thanks for the correction, edited.  

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Modri listens intently and gives Artanis a friendly wave as he goes to changeo ut of his armor.

"Eh, the usual. Drinking, getting some coin, trying to lose some coin. Letting the good people here know of our exploits. Can't say I think they all believe in overgrown lizards that burst into gas." Around a fellow Hill Dwarf, Modri lets down some of the mask. It's not that the larger-than-life personality is fake, only that there's other sides to him. "That is... an odd thing. Can't say all of that fight sits right. I mean, I'm not afraid of a beautiful death, but those creatures were right eager."

His smile returns as he rests back in his chair to take a sip of a new, and better, drink. "So Coltan Bluetemper is it?" He moves his mug over to give Coltan a quick tap on his own mug for a 'cheers'. "I've heard the name before. Besides your exploits with farmers' daughters and ladies of the night, what's your story and where's about can I find a magic hammer like yours? Can't say I have much use for ten gold, unless it were going to getting myself something like that." 

In front of Coltan, Modri's an open book. Work hard, play hard, the world is dangerous, and so too must Modri have an edge to survive in it. He's the kind of Dwarf who'd rather be quick than clever, who'd rather make a mistake and have the grit to survive it than to be careful and never take risks. 

OOC

-

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan toasts Modhi after their beer arrive.  "Cheers.  To killing more lizard gas bags."  He takes a deep pull of his drink.

"Yes.  Those creatures were weird."  He takes another deep pull of his beer.  Finds the tankard empty, seeing Artanis has still not returned, pulls the third beer that he ordered for the boy closer to him.  Then, unhooks the bluish steel hammer from his weapon's belt and sets it down on the table haft upright.

Coltan takes a quick sip of his new beer to claim it and replies very seriously, "Reorx himself gave me this hammer.  Called me his apprentice.  Right before I met you lot."   He sips his beer.

"The gods have returned."  He takes another sip.

"I was born in Hillhome on the Passroad to Thorbardin.  So, where you from Modhi?"  Coltan genuinely asks allowing him to change the subject if he wants.  This dwarf has clearly accepted a heavy burden of destiny or is cracked.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Performance: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Mery smiles at Decimus and says, "Sure, if you'd like, we can head toward the Brass Crab if you're that eager.  I was going to get a drum, but those are kind of bulky, so I think I'll wait."

She glances at Kai and Hunni.  "Are you two coming, or do you have more shopping to do?"

Assuming the two elect to come along, Mery tells Kai as they walk toward the inn, "I'm going to put you on the spot to answer the question I just asked about how your people transmit and record information.  Now that I've asked the question, I'm quite curious about the answer!"

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

I figure I'll wait until we're formally a party and have a bag of holding to get Mery's drum. As a jill-of-all-trades, she'll have a lot of stuff.

Also, once we get to the Brass Crab, Mery will want to poof into her room for a short while to freshen up, and I don't want to do that until PhoenixSlayer/Kai has a chance to respond to Mery's question, so I'm making like we're walking in that direction.  Tyrtaeus and KingGoblin, you two can run on ahead to the inn if you're in a hurry to get there, or just keep walking with us, either way is good!

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Nature: -1
:
Animal Handling: +3
:
Deception: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

On 5/2/2023 at 1:37 AM, JubalBreakbottle said:

Coltan follows the knight and dwarf to the Brass Crab nodding appropriately at Artanis.  "I think I remember an Alnwick.  It doesn't have a local smithy, right?"

"Just a small one, for farriers work and repairs to tide us over till someone like you comes through. Can see why you wouldn't count it!" he chuckles

Having doffed his armour and decanted his sword and shield, Artanis returns to the tartan proper, seeking out the dwarves' table. He's dressed more comfortably now, in a plain open necked rough woven linen shirt, with baggy brown trousers. The amulet of Kiri-Jolith dangles more visibly, secured with hemp twine. His long hair is swept behind his tanned face and loosely tied back, framing his smile. He settles down on the heavy oak bench next to Coltan and slides the third mug back along. "Just looking after it for me hey?" he teases, a glint in his eye. "If you're running empty, I can get the next round. Specially since we're all 10 gold richer!" As the cool amber liquid reaches his lips, he lets out a satisfied smack. "Just what's needed on a hot day like today," he says appreciatively.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)

"The gods, eh? Good, about time." As someone who wears his 'cracked' mind on his sleeve, Modri isn't one to judge another for being a little weird. Then again, stranger things have happened, and who knows? Perhaps Coltan speaks true? 

As Artanis approaches, Modri's doggish grin returns, which Coltan can now see is as much a shield as it is a means to be friendly. "Aye. Good on a hot day. And a cold night. With friends and when alone too. Harhar!" Modri hits the table with his fist, but not near as hard as he could not wanting to break anything. "Was just asked about where I'm from. I call the Hinterlund my home. Was born there, likely die there too. Parents are what one might call hunters or survivalists or free folk. Taught me how to survive out there too, and so I do. Come down to this town from time to time to trade, and back up I go. I see how the good folk here get caught up in the smallest things, whine about inconveniences, and I say 'not for me thank you very much'."

He waves off any potential argument about the brew, if any were even coming. Likely a habit of Modri's. "Don't get me wrong, there's something nice about a home that'll stand for years and years, of someone else making a hot plate of food. But the world's a hard place, and I'd be half the Dwarf I am if I drank too deep of soft beds and warm hearths. In the end, when trouble starts, when say... we stumble about an attacked caravan, a life of toil and trouble's a lot more useful I say!"

OOC

-

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan smiles as the young knight takes the beer that he has begun to drink and signals for another round on the librarian's coin. 

The dwarf stares at the amulet to Kiri-Jolith remembering the old temple.  For an instance, he again stands before the statue of Kiri-Jolith, the god of righteous war, who blesses all who fight in the name of good and scorns those who delight in slaughter and lust for battle. The god is particularly revered by the Knights of the Sword, an order of the Knights of Solamnia who seek to root out evil wherever it dwells.

The delivery of the next round of beer snaps the smith from his reverie who smiles and toasts the victory against the monsters again before taking a pull of his drink.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Cantrips

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.

:
:
:
:
:
16 (+3)

"True Modri" Artanis' replies as he makes his way through the ale, "though you're equally right not all folks can cope with such a life. That's why I signed up this all this" he continues, gesturing to his room "to make sure that I can protect the folk who can't stand against such stuff. Take the rough so they don't have to. Each to their own though." He settles down against the bench as the second round arrives and the first gets to work. "What's this about the gods? Something to do with these monsters? Certainly weren't natural what they did, and I seem to remember someone more learned than myself talking about Tahksis. Was all a bit less glorious than I'd imagined fighting evil to be honest. We did a good thing though, right?

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

After Coltan's toast, he replies to Artanis, "The gods have returned.  Reorx Himself gave me this hammer right before I met you."  He pats the hammer like a pet.

"And if those monsters wore Her symbol, then She must be back, too.   We've not see the last of them or Her.  You both will get your fill of battles to come."  He picks up the bluish steel hammer and twirls it in his hand before setting it back down on the table haft up.  "It has incredible balance."

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Cantrips

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 (0 THP) | Speed: 30 ft.

:
:
:
:
:
16 (+3)

"Truly?" Artanis exclaims wide-eyed. "Ah, no, you mock me," he continues after a moment, smiling awkwardly. "Ah but I would have loved to be here in the Age of Dreams, when the Knights rode against monsters, and fought back the tides of darkness. Not that it's any less worthy to defend the common folk from an angry bear." he finishes with a cheerful smile.

Artanis reaches towards the hammer set on the table - "If I may?" he asks, looking towards Coltan before picking it up. "It certainly looks the part.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Class Features:

"Heh, you mistake our good friend Coltan for one of those Mountain Dwarves who mocks with every breath they take." Although Modri makes the comment in good humor, there's a hint of real resentment when he says 'Mountain Dwarves'. 

"Think I've heard of you, Sir Artanis Brightblade. Something about helping a man whose horse was dragging him when a cart broke? Now that sounds like a fine story to hear." 

OOC

-