Chapter 01a: When Home Burns (Welcome to Vogler)

Kamishiro_Rin

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Mery says with a laugh, "I wouldn't want to travel with someone who was never afraid.  I figure they'd be completely unbearable in one way or another.  Give me an ordinary, fearing mortal any day of the week!  But yeah, that caravan was alarming, to say the least."

"I bet you do just fine with your test."  Her words are softly spoken and her smile of encouragment is genuine, if a little shy.

When Artanis mentions maybe seeing Decimus' hat, she quickly searches the surrounding area for it.  "I'd like to give everyone their gold, in case they need it for some shopping.  Then I can do my own shopping without worrying one of them is in need."  

Upon seeing Modri leave the Fishbowl, she reaches into her backpack and pulls out a stack of gold coins.  Quickly she counts them, and hands the stack to the tattooed Dwarf.  "From Ser Becklin.  Each of us got 10 gold."

Finding the others at some kind of stall with a kender merchant, she says, "Hey everyone, Ser Becklin is letting us take the gold I found on those lizard things.  Let me give you all your share, ten gold for each of us."  And she digs in her backpack and carefully counts out 10 gold coins, handing the stack to Hunni.  Then she repeats the process for Decimus and Kai.

She then asks the kender, "I beg your pardon, miss.  Can you tell me what shops or stalls I'd need for some traveling clothes and a drum?"

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

On your way back from the Smithy, you pass by the Fishbowl, just as Modri steps out. He’s a little inebriated.

Once you begin nearing the Brass Crab, you can see down one of the side streets the unmistakable forms of a blue, pointy-eared man, a diminutive gully dwarf, and a straw-hatted man in mages’ robes.

Feel free to converse, here, however long you wish.

When you reach the Brass Crab, Yalme informs you that Becklin has already arranged your stays for you, and payed for the first night, but any subsequent nights are on you—but at least you’ll have first dibs on keeping the room.

OOC

Sorry for the short post, but there’s not a lot I can do right here.

I’ve updated the Map of Vogler for you!

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13  | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
 | SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V S
Duration: 1 round
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk © (a drop of mercury)
Tash's Hideous Laughter © (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Identify (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Detect Magic ©
Absorb Elements
Charm Person
Comprehend Languages [Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]

Decimus felt his eyebrows raise under the rim of his hat as Hunni mentioned executions instead of arrests regarding magical renegades, an outcome he was not so sure their order always acted upon, but perhaps the difference in nature between the cloaks was far greater than he had originally thought.  Shelving that thought though, he watches as the Sea Elf departs quickly and returns just as quickly with fish snacks which distracts him from his initial question regarding Froswin and her master.  He nods with a small smile, reaching out for the quaint local delicacy, thanking him.  Before he can turn his attention back to their conversation, the remarkably fortuitous timing of their companions arrival derails him completely.  The Half-Elf appears before them, as tightly wound as ever, handing them gold that their alleged benefactor Ser Becklin had bestowed upon them before they even get a chance to offer up their greetings.  As he finds one of his many pockets in his two kimonos to place the gold, he pulls the small device he had just purchased from the same pocket, speaking up before she can rush off after getting her answer from the Kender.    

"It's good to see you too Mery, you're always a welcome sight, thank you for the gold...  This is Froswin, she sells rather remarkable things herself, did you not want to take a moment to admire them?"

Decimus lifts the small serpentine toy in the palm of his right hand, tipping it towards him, the small counter-balances moving from side to side, lifting the small fishbone legs, walking the device down the small slope of his inner forearm.  He admires the little device as it moves, lifting the fish stick in his other hand to his mouth to take a bite as he watches the reaction of their newest arrival, expecting impatience, but hoping for appreciation.  Perhaps this master the small vendor spoke of could intrigue him with information on his interesting projects as well as her requests.

spacer.png

OOCAction: Roll arcana check on the little puppets

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+3)

For just a moment, Mery wonders, 'Is everything I do going to be always wrong?'  But she immediately grabs hold of the thought and stops it.  'No.  This is just another opportunity to overcome my past.'

She turns to Decimus. "I am afraid I am not very good company at the moment, Decimus.  Do you see my tunic?"  She taps her rich green tunic.  It is made from a heavy material and is quilted.  "It is quite too warm for this heat.  I have been roasting and quite uncomfortable ever since I got off of the ship at Kalaman."

"Apparently I thought that I might need something warm if I ever had to sleep outdoors at night."  She gives a wry laugh. "It was an unwise choice and I have no one but myself to blame for it."

"If you would kindly indulge me in the need to buy some cooler clothing and to refresh myself a little at the Brass Crab, I promise to do my best to 'ooh' and 'ahh' in all the right places over your device.  At the present, I am afraid I am unable to do so, as my attention is consumed by my physical discomfort as well as a few other things."

Turning to the kender, no - Froswin, she says, "I am Mery and it is a pleasure to meet you, Froswin.  We are all in town for the funeral of Ispin Greenshield. Tell me, did you know him well?"

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Investigation: -1
Nature: +1
Religion: -1
:
8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Intimidation: +3
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni, between bites of fish, takes the coins from Mery with a little frown.  Not bothering to count them, she adds them to her coin pouch.  When the pouch opens, her whip twitches, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be much of a reaction.  Any glancing inside would notice it contains mostly gold, probably because she doesn't bother with change. 

As Mery complains about the heat, though, she twitches her fingers and mutters a barely-perceptible spell, which makes a cool breeze shimmer over Mery's thick quilted tunic, cooling it down.  "You're hot?  Oh.  I don't think my clothes will fit you, but you're welcome to anything that might help."

OOC

Action: Casting Prestidigitation to cool Mery's clothes.

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

:
:

:

:

You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Evocation cantrip
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Detect Magic ©
Absorb Elements
Charm Person
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

Mery answers his question thoroughly as expected, and he understands her point, given she is dressed for a climate a little cooler than the warm seaside clime they have found themselves in.  Given his clothing is multi-layered and can be as warm and as cool as he needs, he often forgets that others may not want to be seen wrapped in layer upon layer of what could easily be described as bed sheets.  He nods at her explanation, seizing the opportunity to stop the little device from moving any further down his arm, and burying it back into the folds of his robes.  His hair and robes dance in the slight breeze that passes through their conversation, and he revels in it for a moment closing his one eye, he smiles softly at Hunni and her shirt-off-her-back attitude.      

"The historian is a prophet looking backwards, had the weather been harsher, would you still say the fault was your own?"

He takes a bite of the fish and chews for a moment before opening his eye, looking at the half-elf after she requests the information, following up.

"If you'd indulge my indulgence, now my coin purse has achieved its namesake, I too have some purchases to make if you would not mind the company, the 'ooh's and 'aah's can wait for now

If Froswin had any intentions of introducing her master, maybe he could take a rain check.   

spacer.png

OOCAction: Roll arcana check on the little puppets

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 16/18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1
Save: −1

Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +3
Medicine: +3
Perception: +5
Survival: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan follows the knight and librarian to meet the mages.  He casually looks at the kender's toys.  "These are amazing, by Reorx."  He studies them wide-eyed like a child for a few minutes. 

Now the librarian is hot, he hears slightly shaking his head going to the Brass Crab for a drink.

OOC

Action: Head to Brass Crab

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

As Modri's handed the the coins he looks at them a bit confused, as if there's something not right about it, that it's... strange. "Huh. Lot of money for a small thing." He shrugs and drops them into his own coin pouch to join the copper he won gambling... the silver all spent drinks and practically giving away. 

He snorts when "hot" suddenly gets thrown around, but otherwise leaves that well enough alone.

"I'll head to the Brass Crab too, nothing I can think to buy, have just what I need. Besides, someone has to regale them of our tale. Exploding gas lizard people's a hard thing for some to believe, but that's just a challenge like... like slaying exploding gas lizard people."

OOC

-

16 (+3)

Mery smiles at Hunni, breathing in relief as a wave of coolness washes over her.  "You are very kind, and as a temporary solution, this is wonderful.  Unfortunately, I cannot ask you to follow me around like a puppy dog and do this for me every time I feel hot - that would not be fair to you at all.  So I still need some different clothes." 

She tells Decimus, "I was raised by someone who blamed others every time something went wrong.  I take responsibility for my choices because they never did and because I don't want to wind up being like them ever." Although her manner is calm, there is a certain resolve in her tone as she speaks.  "But as for having company while shopping, that would be welcome."

As the two Dwarves head off to the Brass Crab, she laughs, "You'd think Modri was a bard with the way he relishes telling stories."  'And if he's telling stories, that means no one will be bothering me to do it!'

Glancing at Froswin, Mery turns back to Decimus.  "While I am not overly familiar with the kender as a race, this one seems unusually quiet.  The few I've encountered have all been quite talkative."

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

@Kamishiro_Rin , @tyrtaeus Still need GM input to know what kind of shop Mery needs.  Not sure if a village like Vogler would have a seamstress/tailor, or if we'd need to go to a general store for traveling clothes.

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +5
Medicine: +3
Perception: +7★
Survival: +5

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Merituuli gives a wave to Mery, Artanis, Coltan, and Modri as they approach, salmon stick held in the other, grinning widely.  "Hello there!  Good to see you all again!  I got a bit distracted at the gate, but luckily I managed to pick out our friend's hat from a distance."

When Mery presents the gold, he nods appreciatively and asks, "So you met Ser Becklin, then?  How is she?  Knightly as ever?  It's been quite some time since I last saw her... or Cudgel, for that matter."  He places the gold into the side pouch strapped to his belt, giving it a little shake to settle the coins.

As the conversation turns to the warm weather, he says, "Admittedly, I'm used to the cooler climes to the south, so I've been working up a sweat too.  Nothing a dip into the river wouldn't help with, though!  If you're a good swimmer, that is.  Sorry, sometimes I forget you land-walkers aren't quite as comfortable in the water as I am."

Merituuli glances at his bolt case when the conversation turns to shopping in town.  "Think I'll join along with shopping, if you wouldn't mind.  Hopefully there's a fletcher about town where I can purchase some crossbow bolts."  He is about to speak further to Coltan regarding his magical hammer, but both of the dwarves seem to be more interested in getting a drink at the Brass Crab.  I've already made enough trouble anyway with that display.  That's a conversation for a more private area.

Chuckling, he replies to Mery's observation of Froswin's demeanor, saying, "Well, she was talkative at first, but the conversation got a little... out of control.  I think we've bothered her enough for today."  Turning to the kender, he adds, "Sorry for the trouble.  Perhaps we'll see you during the festival!"

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots

Froswin nearly faints when Hunni casually tosses about executions. She noticably calms when Decimus responds to that with a much more reasonable clarification. She’s further reassured when Merituuli’s use of magic is not met with arrest or execution . . .

When Mery and the rest joins them and Mery talks about being hot in this weather, Froswin is happy to help. She pipes up with “Oh! You’ll find anything you’re looking for here in the Market! Just over there is the area where most of the clothiers set up their booths! I can also recommend a couple of shops in town that sell higher-end clothing—but that tends to be made to order, so you’ll need to be fitted and it’ll be tailored for you. If you’re hungry, your blue friend can point you to the area where most of the food stalls are set up!”

Relived by the magically cool clothing, Mery can peruse the clothing stalls at her leisure. They even have changing areas set up for privacy.

She has no trouble finding whatever clothing she’s looking for, and the clothiers are all willing to negotiate for the price.

OOC

Here, Mery can choose to make a DC 15 Charisma (Persuasion) check. For each point above 14 that she rolls, she can subtract 1d4 % from the price (up to 50%, rounded down to the nearest copper piece) of her chosen form of clothing listed in the Equipment section of your books. However, if you choose to go this route, you risk adding 1d4 % (up to 50%, rounded up to the nearest copper piece) to the price per point below 15 you roll. In other words, negotiating will, at minimum, add or subtract a d4 % to or from the price. If you don’t want to risk it, feel free to just pay the price listed in your books.

This of course, applies to any of the characters from here on out.

Clothing Type Item Type Price Weight Source
Clothing, cold weather Adventuring Gear 10 gp 5 lb. IDRotF
Common Clothes Adventuring Gear 5 sp 3 lb. PHB
Costume Clothes Adventuring Gear 5 gp 4 lb. PHB
Cotton Cloth (1 sq. yd.) Trade Good 5 sp PHB
Fine Clothes
(Mery’ll need a shop for these)
Adventuring Gear 15 gp 6 lb. PHB
Traveler’s Clothes Adventuring Gear 2 gp 4 lb. PHB
Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Froswin turns to Decimus and tells him, “Oh, my master’s name is Than. He’s currently working on his ‘Gnomeflinger’, a catapult-like device Ser Becklin’s letting him build atop her castle. I didn’t see him, this morning, so he’s probably up at the keep?”

OOC

Sorry! I missed Decimus asking about Froswin’s master.

16 (+3)

Mery tells Kai, "I certainly don't have a problem if you want to come shop with us."

She then inquires about traveling clothes for warm weather and begins browsing.  Not wanting to delay too terribly long, she selects an ensemble in her size, grinning in appreciation when she finds a set with breeches cut for a woman.  She goes into the changing booth to try them on, and comes back out a few minutes later wearing cotton breeches in a khaki color and a green cotton tunic with short sleeves as well as a belt, boots, her armor, and a woolen cloak with a large hood, the latter of which she promptly removes in the heat and stuffs into her backpack.

She then sets about bargaining.  However, she's a little off her game, perhaps from the heat, and winds up paying a few copper more for the ensemble.  But at this point, she doesn't care - she's just happy to have cooler clothing, and she pays the merchant with a smile.

Returning to Decimus and Kai, she says, "OK, fellas - where to, now?"

As they walk, she asks Decimus, "So I'm curious about something - how in the world did you come to be wearing pink robes?  That's an unusual color choice for a man."

She tells Kai, "Swimming makes me a bit nervous.  I'm not that strong and I nearly drowned once when I was about twelve.  Even rivers can have strong currents, so I generally stick to just wading in shallow water.  But I can appreciate that swimming is a necessity where you're from."  

"What made you decide to leave home?  Elves generally stick with their own kind and don't venture out into the world much.  Or so I've been led to believe."

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

Name
bargain for clothing - persuasion
1d20+5 9
add 1d4 to price
1d4 3

:
:

:

:

| SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip

Evocation cantrip

1st-Level

Detect Magic ©
Absorb Elements
Charm Person

The Dwarves head their separate ways, heading for the Brass Crab, but Decimus feels some level of satisfaction that a Blacksmith as even-keeled and skilled as Coltan is able to admire the small Gnomish devices.  He smiles as Modri leaves with his parting joke, the Wizard is certain he is to have an active audience when they meet up again later at their lodgings.  His mind is wanders as Froswin directs Mery to where she needs to go, but the world comes back into focus when she brings the conversation to her master before they begin to make their move.  Than, huh?  He would have to keep that name in mind over the course of their stay here just in case the opportunity arose to meet him.  Perhaps at celebration of life, it was not like a Gnome to miss a reason to party.  With a sweeping gesture, he bowed deeply, and followed his companions as they moved along with their adventure into the marketplace.  As Mery is speaking with the vendors and trying on clothes, Decimus absent-mindedly browses the wares, noting a few things of interest, and relegating them to the back of his mind for when he fills his coffers a little more.  

As they regroup, with the young Half-Elf sporting a new ensemble she wears with confidence, she questions what the plan is next.

"Merituuli had mentioned searching for some ammunition I believe, but my curiosity has been sated, so I suppose after we find a fletcher, we should no longer keep our companions waiting and rendezvous at the Brass Crab"

While they head toward their next destination, Decimus lets his eye wander the stalls of the market and takes in the rustic architecture of the village before his attention is brought back to the group when Mery asks about his kimono.  He curls the corners of his lips down in thought for a moment, as as he pinches the fabric between his index finger and thumb and examines the delicate fabric momentarily.  The soft pink color and the flowery runes embroidered into the fabric are certainly not common sights, especially the further away from the more populous cities of Krynn, and as noted, especially on men.  He looks thoughtful and lets the silence hang for an uncomfortable amount of time while he wonders if he should answer truthfully or not.   

"The color reminds me of the cherry blossoms bloom, the seasons had just turned when I left home, and it is an important expression to me that there is beauty all around us that is to be appreciated...  protected..."

He trails off, and loosens his grip on the robe, letting it fall back to his side where it softly ripples in the wind as they walk, he falls back into his wistful silence, his eye not meeting either of his companions as they continue forward.  When the conversation resumes, the curious blonde brings up her thoughts on swimming and the history of the Sea Elf, an interesting topic in its own right.  Decimus understands that part of being in a group such as this requires trust, and though he is hesitant to share his own demons, listening to them talk about their own past does soothe the ache in his own heart.  Mery and her willingness to openly share her thoughts and fears so freely give him hope that one day he will be strong enough to share his own, while Hunni and Merituuli are both young, fearless and spirited, traits that he admires greatly, almost energizing his own lethargic personality at times. 

spacer.png

OOCAction:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3
Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
Save: −1
Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Investigation: -1
Nature: -1
Religion: -1
:
 8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +3
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Deception: +3
Performance: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

A frown briefly clouds Artanis' face as Hunni twiddles their fingers to cool Mery, remembering the oddly animated whip in their fight a few days ago. No-one else seems to react though, perhaps most notably Decimus, and Mery seems the better for it, and his usual sunny demeanour quickly returns. "That cool long glass of amber is calling me too I'm afraid, I'll see you at the Brass Crab" he bids the others, and excuses himself from the impromptu shopping expedition with a smile to catch up with the two dwarves. 

Quickly making his way through the still growing crowd on the wharf, Artanis avoids stumbling over some precariously stacked lobster cages just as he reaches his fellows. "We were just talking of our homes before we bumped in to you, Modri" he informs the other dwarf, slowing his pace to match the group. "Should have thought of that earlier, too," he thinks, remembering their walk with Mery with a hint of guilt. "My own, Alnwick, is just a small village actually, nestled by the river Tweed. It's surrounded by these beautiful rolling dales full of that lush kind of grass the horses love, and completely carpeted in wildflowers in the summer. Words don't do it justice, to be honest. Not mine at least," he reminisces, "It was mostly horses we kept, a pair of Clydesdales for the proper farm work obviously, and then a herd of Hanoverians, and even a handful of Arabians, but those were just because da loved them - me to to be honest... Sorry I'm rambling," Artanis stops as they catch sight of the Brass Crab's sign creaking back and forth in the light breeze. Artanis opens the well built oaken door, and steps in  to the dim interior, holding the door for his companions as his eyes adjust. The well stoked fire in the corner earned a raised eyebrow, but he says nothing as he walks over the the woman behind the bar and introduces himself.

"Artanis, and my companions here are Modri and Coltan," he indicates. "We're in town for Ispin's funeral, and Ser Beckett suggested we come here as the finest inn in town! We'll all be wanting rooms if you still have spare, along with 4 others who are out taking in the market right now," he asks, sliding over the asking price without quibble. "First round of ale is on this fine dwarf here though!" he slaps Coltan's shoulder with a smile. 

Turning to the two dwarves he says "I might slip out this armour first if that's ok, and then you'll have to let us know your story Modri - mountain, glen or road!", before heading down the corridor Yalme had indicated.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).