Chapter 01a: When Home Burns (Welcome to Vogler)

Kamishiro_Rin

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

"Hmph. Well, I'm not one to stop a human from doing a foolish thing. But I'm also more the kind to join with the fool than play against him."  Modri looks at some of his gear sitting half on and half off the table. 

"Tell you what, you two want to play it out?" He refers to Bromdan and Edgewin. "I'll give the loser a silver, make the sting burn a bit less."

He smiles at the other, more sensible people at the table. "Money's a silly thing. Never been able to pay a beastie to let me hunt it down. And boy does a lot of people including my own kind get right offensive over it. Now, if you got a real goal, a real thing of substance you want to buy then that's one thing, but just money's just a jingle in a purse." 

OOC

-

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 16/18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1
Save: −1

Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +3
Medicine: +3
Perception: +5
Survival: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan nods at Artanis's origins, "Alnwick?  Alnwick?  I've probably been there if it doesn't have a local smith.  Tell me about it."   He genuinely wants to listen and remember the home of Artanis.

At the smithy, Coltan appropriately nods at the assessment.  "Aye Artanis, that's a fair accounting.  We'll need to accumulate some coins before we start this project.  Master Smelt'ammer, we would appreciate if we could store these two sets of armor with you until we can secure the means."

After a comfortable pause, he continues, "The knight and I are in town for a funeral.  Perhaps, I can help you out with your work to earn my share afterwards.  We can discuss it in a day or so.  Thank you for your time."  Coltan extends his good-byes to the smith.

Outside the smith, the dwarf offers, "Brass Crab?"

OOC

Action: Head to Brass Crab

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Before Leaving the Keep

"Of course, Ser Becklin, I'll be happy to return the rapier when I'm able, or at the very least arrange payment for a replacement if I can't return it for some reason.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  And Ispin, too, though he is not here for me to thank.  And I'll definitely have it sharpened." Mery tells the knight at her offer.  She then follows Darrett into the Armory and waits while he retrieves the weapon and hands it to her.

"And thank you, too, Darrett.  I feel better about the idea of traveling about after the funeral with this thing on hand.  I hope I won't have to use it, but you know what they say - better safe than sorry."

After Leaving the Keep 

Once Artanis and Coltan decide to head to the smith's, Mery replies to Artanis, "You know, I still want to do all of those things I mentioned, but I'm suddenly feeling a little adventurous.  Plus, it seems I have this new-to-me rapier of Ispin's that needs sharpening.  So I'll go with you guys to the smith's."

She puts the rapier at her hip, then tells Coltan, "I want to practice walking around with this thing at my side since I've never actually owned one before and I want to start getting used to it, but once we get to the smith's, I would be grateful if you sharpened it for me.  I'm happy to pay you whatever the going rate is."

As they walk toward the shop, she joins in the conversation.  "I'm from Palanthas.  My family owns a parchment-making business there and we provide a lot of parchment to the Great Library as well as to the general stores and a few noble families who write enough letters and documents to want to buy parchment in bulk quantities.  My family is common, but I was fortunate enough to receive a better education than most common folk do, due to learning being something I really love and enjoy doing and my mother being creative enough to come up with a very unusual arrangement so we could afford the tutor's fees.  I had to work my tail off, though, to both do the chores and help in the business that my family needed and keep up with my studies.  Ispin wandered into our shop one day looking to buy some parchment for letter-writing, but he didn't realize that we usually only sell in bulk.  He still wound up buying a bundle of 25 parchments, though - said he wrote a lot of letters and would no doubt use it all up in time.  He so charmed my mother, who happened to be the one handling customers at the time, that she wound up inviting him for dinner.  During that meal, he asked me about myself, and I said I want to write a book one day.  He asked what I wanted to write about and I said I wasn't sure yet.  He said to keep learning, and that I'd eventually figure it out.  I don't really know what made him take an interest in me, but he did.  He asked my parents for permission to write to me.  My mother's husband couldn't have cared less, but my mother was okay with it.  Aside from the one other trip to Palanthas when he gave me my armor, most of our relationship was carried out via letters.  Him being older was really helpful.  He was like a favorite uncle to me, and in a way, was more of a father than my mother's husband ever was.  He was certainly a lot kinder than my mother's husband."  Her eyes water a bit as she finishes, but she quickly brushes them off.  'Men hate women who cry, even though tears are natural for us.  I'll cry at the funeral.  That at least is less likely to get me kicked in the teeth for my honest feelings.'

When they arrive at the smith's and Fezzlidst asks about her rapier, she replies, "I'm afraid only Ispin Greenshield knows how this rapier came to be in this condition.  Ser Becklin was kind enough to loan it to me from Ispin's effects until such time as I can afford one of my own.  As to its sharpening, I am afraid that I already promised Coltan here on the way over that he could do that work.  But I thank you for the offer."

She then removes the rapier from her hip and offers it to Coltan.  Then she removes a silver piece from her pouch and offers it to him.  "Is this amount sufficient, or do you need more?"  She adjusts the payment as needed.

When Coltan suggests heading to the Brass Crab, Mery gives her enthusiastic assent.  "I should like that a great deal.  I have a chest in my backpack that keeps digging into my back, and I should love a place to leave it."

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

My apologies to @JubalBreakbottle and @PureChance for horning in on your conversation.  I had Becklin telling Mery to follow Darrett to get the rapier and Coltan asking Mery for the rapier that she didn't have yet and me struggling with how to bridge that.  But Rin sending Mery along to the smith's was useful - it gave me the bases I needed to cover to get everything all caught up!

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan nods appropriately at Mery's origins absorbing the detailed history and depth of feelings.  She is a big city girl.

At the smithy, he tries to hide his shock at Mery offering him the sharpening business in front of Fezzlidst.  Coltan knows she means well, but taking business from another crafter in his own place is just plain rude to his dwarven sensibilities.  He takes both rapier and silver from Mery and hands them to the smith.  "Master Smelt'ammer, I would not take business away from you in your own shop.  Besides, with your grinding wheel over there, it would take you a fraction of the time than it would me to sharpen the point by hand.  We would appreciate to collect the rapier before the funeral tomorrow, if that's alright.  I'm sure the spirit of Ispen Greenshield would be honored to see his rapier ready for service and in the good hands of Mery.  Wouldn't you agree?"

Outside the smithy, Coltan genuinely smiles at Mery without mentioning the rapier, instead he offers, "Mery, I can carry that chest of yours to lighten your burden."

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

The jovial dwarven smith raises an eyebrow at Mery’s paying Coltan in front of him. If he’s upset about it, he doesn’t let it show—though perhaps you saw a slight twitch in his left eye.

“Well, Ms., yer tha customer’n yer welcome tah gev yer custom tah whomever ye wesh. Ah have folks come en hehr all tha time’n borrow tha sharpennin’ whehl fer a couple o’copper. Mr. Coltan, the Ms. has geven ye her custom—gev meh a copper’n ye can go sharpen that rapier up en a minute’r twa. Ah shedda kin that sword were Ispin’s. Thought Ah recognized it . . . must’a been settin’ en tha bottom o’some chest fer years, Ah bet!”

The games progress and Modri wins some, he loses some, and lots of drinks are drunk—winners always buying the next round. Eventually the others bow out, too drunk to continue—or too poor—either way, Modri finds himself pleasantly buzzed and had a good evening of fun.

The elderly proprietor, Elthar taps his nose and says, “Next time ye come, you’ll get the proper stuff without them asking on your behalf—now that I know your okay.”

OOC

Just a quick interjection because I have like, five minutes to spare at work. Unfortunately, it’s probably going to be Friday or Saturday when I can post again.

As for getting Mery along with Artanis and Coltan, I figured that Darret could take you to the armory and have you out of there in a minute or two, if even that—short enough time for you to catch up with the pair if she hustled just a tad.

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan pays the smith two coppers and heads to the grinding wheel.  After getting the large stone spinning with the wooden pedal, he expertly sharpens the rapier with several cycles of strokes on the wheel and examining the edge in the light.  A few minutes later, he returns the rapier to Mery and says, "Thank you, Master Smelt'ammer.  See you later."

Outside the smithy, Coltan flips the silver piece and offers, "I've got the first round."

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Cantrips

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13  | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword) 

| SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V S
Duration: 1 round
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: 1 round
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk1st Level Conjuration
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 30 Feet
Target: An unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range
Components: V S M (A drop of mercury)
Duration: 1 Hour
Classes: Wizard
Description: This spell creates a circular, horizontal plane of force, 3 feet in diameter and 1 inch thick, that floats 3 feet above the ground in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range. The disk remains for the duration, and can hold up to 500 pounds. If more weight is placed on it, the spell ends, and everything on the disk falls to the ground. The disk is immobile while you are within 20 feet of it. If you move more than 20 feet away from it, the disk follows you so that it remains within 20 feet of you. It can move across uneven terrain, up or down stairs, slopes and the like, but it can’t cross an elevation change of 10 feet or more. For example, the disk can’t move across a 10-foot-deep pit, nor could it leave such a pit if it was created at the bottom. If you move more than 100 feet from the disk (typically because it can’t move around an obstacle to follow you), the spell ends.

Tash's Hideous Laughter1st Level Enchantment
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Components: V S M (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute
Classes: Bard, Wizard
Description: A creature of your choice that you can see within range perceives everything as hilariously funny and falls into fits of laughter if this spell affects it. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or fall prone, becoming incapacitated and unable to stand up for the duration. A creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or less isn’t affected. At the end of each of its turns, and each time it takes damage, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. The target has advantage on the saving throw if it’s triggered by damage. On a success, the spell ends.

Identify1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Range: Touch
Target: One object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell
Components: V S M (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Wizard
Description: You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.

Detect Magic1st Level Divination
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any. The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.

Absorb Elements1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 Reaction, which you take when you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage
Components: S
Classes: Artificer, Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: The spell captures some of the incoming energy, lessening its effect on you and storing it for your next melee attack. You have resistance to the triggering damage type until the start of your next turn. Also, the first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 damage of the triggering type, and the spell ends. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Charm Person1st Level Enchantment
Target: A humanoid you can see within range
Classes: Bard, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You attempt to charm a humanoid you can see within range. It must make a Wisdom saving throw, and does so with advantage if you or your companions are fighting it. If it fails the saving throw, it is charmed by you until the spell ends or until you or your companions do anything harmful to it. The charmed creature regards you as a friendly acquaintance. When the spell ends, the creature knows it was charmed by you.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Comprehend Languages1st Level Divination [Ritual]
Components: V S M (A pinch of soot and salt)
Classes: Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: For the duration, you understand the literal meaning of any spoken language that you hear. You also understand any written language that you see, but you must be touching the surface on which the words are written. It takes about 1 minute to read one page of text. This spell doesn’t decode secret messages in a text or a glyph, such as an arcane sigil, that isn’t part of a written language.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]

"As much as I appreciate feats of magic and wonder, perhaps we should be careful not to draw attention to ourselves my friend, I'd be more than happy to discuss this intriguing relic in privacy where our efforts would be more... Discreet... Besides, you look like you could do some damage with that, and I would very much like to avoid eating kelp and seaweed for the rest of my life...

Decimus tilts his hat slightly, eyeing the Aquatic Elf, a sheepish grin crossing his face.  He turns back to the proprietor of the stall ready to join his companions as a patron.  The Gnomish revelation does not surprise him overmuch, they are a crafty folk, and he has always been impressed by Gnomish ingenuity.  They are a people who had managed to craft magic and technology together so well that they were basically indistinguishable from one another.  Whether or not magicks were used in the creation or discovery of these little marvels was irrelevant to his enjoyment of the craft in itself.  Decimus, alongside his new companions, fished in the depths of his many pockets to find a silver coin to pay with, and though he barely had any money, it did seem quite rude to take up as much of this fair traders time without recompense for it and her imparting of knowledge.  As he placed the coin on the sturdy stall, he gestures to a fragile serpentine creature of the deep, wondering how on earth he is going to keep it from breaking within the folds of his kimonos.  A thought crosses his mind as Hunni assures Froswin that the pair are not there to arrest her for breaking magical laws.  Even if he did have that power, something he was not so sure of yet, he would not abuse it so.  Abuse of magic was not squandered on such minor infractions, day to day magic in his eye was a quality of life achievement and should be treated as so.  

"You mentioned high-end toys you and your master work together on, considering these remarkable pieces of work, what sort of projects do you work on with him?  Since we're already discussing fascinating creations, I feel as though we're on the precipice of something wonderful"

spacer.png

OOCAction: I could roll persuasion if Froswin is not inclined to answer if the GM is ok with that

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Insight: +5
Perception: +7★

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Merituuli's excitement quickly gives way to sheepishness as he shakes the newly-enchanted shell, attempting to remove the spiraling wind and water from its surface.  Eventually, after a few frantic shakes, the magic fades away, and Merituuli breathes a sigh of relief.  Answering Decimus, he says, "Right, right, discussion for somewhere discrete.  Sorry.  Hope this won't get me in too much trouble with your... order?  I admit, I know very little about the Mages, other than the basics."

Looking down to the Kender salesperson, he comforts them with, "I have no intention of arresting you, friend, nor could I.  Wouldn't be very fair after what I just did, eh?  Like my fine-hatted friend, I'd also be very interested in learning more about the other projects you've worked on with your master... that is, after I step away to grab something to eat first!"

Rushing off to the nearby salmon-on-a-stick stall, Merituuli happily pays the necessary price for three servings, returning to the mages and Froswin with one stick in each hand and one already in his mouth, munching away carefully so as to not drop it during his walk.  Holding the salmon out to Decimus and Hunni, he mumbles out, "Hwere mya goh!"

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
Athletics: -1
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Investigation: -1
Nature: +1
Religion: -1
:
8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Intimidation: +3
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Playing again with her toy, Hunni comments, "Yeah.  Besides, we don't arrest Renegades, we execute them, so Master Julius Wyren taught me.  But only if they are working against the Order of the Black Robes, or the Mages of High Sorcery, or they get in your way, or they are likely enough to become powerful enough to be threatening, or they are just really irritating.  Otherwise, he always said it was Ok to let them live," she confides.  "None of you fit any of those categories, except possibly Decimus, and he's an Adept of High Sorcery, too, so he gets a pass.  So Renegade away!" the gully dwarf enthuses.

All through her little speech, she plays with the toy, tilting it around, counting the legs (she seems certain it has two), and shaking it gently to see if she can figure out what all is inside.  Eventually, she sticks it in her High Sorcery Pouch.  On opening it, the thing seems to contain an odd assortment of things; a bell, some string, a rather ornate scroll, her spellbook, some especially nice rocks, and a number of scraps of paper with curious drawings all over them.  She jams the toy in there with the rest, and closes it back up. 

She looks up again at Decimus's question about the kender's master, though, and looks perhaps a bit too interested.  Until her gaze shifts a bit.  Because she's actually looking at the fish on a stick in the next stall.  Of course, when Merituuli gives her one, she grins madly.  "Oh!  Fish!  Thank you!" and begins eating it messily.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+3)

Mery's eyes widen in shock and her heart starts pounding when Coltan tries to offer Master Smelt'ammer the business for sharpening her rapier.  'But.....but.....'  Her mind scrabbles to understand what she did wrong this time.  'But it's equally wrong to tell Merchant A you want them to do business for you then to randomly offer that business to Merchant B for no reason at all.  That's lying!  When you give your word to someone, you should keep it!  Then again, maybe Dwarves think about things differently.  And I don't know anything at all about cooperative crafting.  Maybe there are rules I don't know about that go along with that.'  

She relaxes again when the two smiths work out a way to accomplish the sharpening.  'Still, I don't want Master Smelt'ammer to think I'm a bad person'  She think about that a moment, then an idea hits her.  'Dwarves like their Dwarven spirits, right?'  "I beg your pardon, Master Smelt'ammer.  I don't n-n-normally enter a merchant's sh-shop unless I think I might p-purchase something from that merchant."  Oh, that hateful stutter she sometimes got when she was nervous!  "Unfortunately, I don't -th-th-think I'll be in Vogler when I finally have the g-g-gold to pay for my own rapier, and that's the only thing I can th-th-think of that I might need a smith for in the near f-f-f-future.  To a-a-apologize for that, I'd like to offer to buy you an ale or other d-d-drink of your choice if you can drop by the Brass C-C-Crab for Ispin's funeral.  Seems like the least I could do under the c-c-c-circumstances."

When Coltan offers to carry her chest, she stops and stares at the Dwarf in total amazement, searching his face to see if he is playing some kind of joke on her.  'Why in the world is he being nice to me after I messed up?'  Despite the fact that she can't read him, she continues to try to figure out his motivations, to the point that she almost forgets to answer his question.

"Oh, umm, it's not that the chest is heavy, really.  It's just a smallish one that contains my writing supplies.  Thing is, I barely got it to fit in my backpack, which is good, because that means my ink bottles don't roll around and spill, but bad because one of the corners digs into my back.  Getting the chest out again might be...ummm....well...not that easy. I'll probably have to unpack all the contents of my backpack to get it out.  It would take less time if you just carried the entire backpack, but I....I....."  She pauses, unable for the moment to find the words she's looking for.  She finally finishes with, "Well, I was raised to never bother people for things like that.  I'm perfectly able-bodied, even if I'm not the strongest person."

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

@JubalBreakbottle  The insight check is just for flavor.  With the background I have in mind for Mery, she would find an offer to carry her stuff to be shocking.

Name
Insight roll - is Coltan messing with Mery?
1d20+1 8

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Nature: -1
:
Animal Handling: +3
:
Deception: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis is about to start telling the dwarf about Alnwick, when Mery joins with tales of her home. Happy to listen as they stroll rather than interrupt, both from politeness and genuine interest in the big city, Artanis let the story tumble from Mery's lips like a waterfall. Although the weight of the armour and what seemed to be increasingly oppressive heat had been conspiring to make the journey feel long, with Mery's story seems to pass the remaining time in a blink. Standing outside the smithy, Artanis says to Coltan "You may well have visited, we never did have a proper smith. It looks like recalling it will have to wait."

Happy to lighten his load, Artanis set the armour down carefully in a corner, arranging both his and Coltan's in a manner he hopes will avoid getting in the way much. "I trust your assessment Coltan, if you say that's a fair deal, a fair deal it is. I'm happy to pay my portion whichever way it's decided." Certainly it was a damn site cheaper than a newly fashioned set. It really was no wonder that mostly only nobles became knights.

Stepping out of the smithy a light sea breeze brought the pungent reminder Vogler was a fishing town, but this does nothing to offset the relief Artanis feels at a slight abatement of the heat. "A cold beer right now would make me think the divines really did care" he replies to Coltan "whoever's buying, I'm sure before the day is out we'll have all paid our share. There's plenty tales to be told yet, and a drink for each".

Glancing at Mery's clear anxiety as they make their way to the Brass Crab Artanis adds "Well my da raised us to always lend a hand - can't run a farm on your own, and two'll finish a job over twice as quick as one more often than not, but we'll not force it on you.".

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

"Well, that's right appreciate, good sir." A little tipsy, and certainly in a good moment, he takes the compliment well. "Here for good ol' Ispin's funeral, and the man had taste in company. Would be an insult to him to be any less than all right."

Although he says it in a casual way, he means every word. 

OOC

Think I'm satisfied with the scene, and content to wait for others to take care of their business before everyone meets up again.

16 (+3)

'A father who actually teaches you something useful and doesn't do what either of mine did.  I wonder what that's like?'  But these thoughts bring her tears to the surface again and she immediately shuts down that train of thought.  'Nope, not crying in front of the men, not this day.  It was good he had a father like that.  Good for his future, good he'll never know struggles like mine. I choose...to be grateful that yet another person was spared my pain. And maybe if I keep thinking like this, a day will come when my past doesn't hurt so damn much.'

She wants to explain that her hesitancy to accept help isn't really because she's so gung-ho about self-sufficiency, but she remembers that her mistake with Master Smelt'ammer pretty much intruded on Artanis' turn to talk.  'Shut up, Mery, and let the knight have a chance to talk about himself.  You can't go wrong with sharing the attention.'

"So I was wondering, Artanis...do you know anything about what this proving test of yours is going to entail?  And are you nervous or anxious or excited about it at all?"

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan nods and replies, "as you wish, Mery."  Completely understanding the pride of bearing your own burdens, so he doesn't offer to carry her whole backpack, which would certainly be lighter than the plate armor that he carried to the smithy.  It takes maturity to welcome support which is genuinely offered.  Seems like the knight has a bit more of that.

He follows Artanis and Mery to the Brass Crab listening to their conversation.  His shorter legs making him lag behind their longer strides.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Cantrips

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Nature: -1
:
Animal Handling: +3
:
Deception: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

They stroll through the festival, on the lookout for the Brass Crab. "That's a good question Mery," Artanis chuckles, "I guess it's what I make of it. As far as Ser Brightblade explained it it's not a fixed test of some kind, rather this" he gestures to the world around them with open hand "is all part of it. How I behave, whether I uphold the Oath and meet the Measure in all my acts. If this war finds us then I imagine I would be expected to serve - if I chose not to then that would count a failure - but whether that choice alone would be sufficient to pass I very much doubt."

They pass through several streets littered with roadside stalls being assembled, some already hawking a variety of crafts and food. "I'm definitely excited - to be following in Ispin's footsteps and seeing new sights like this, but I'd be lying if I weren't afraid when we came upon that caravan. Turns out training can only prepare you so far. Though I guess there wouldn't be a need to prove yourself if it did," he continues confidently. Clearly the thought that he might fail this test isn't really a serious consideration, though whether that's borne of naivety or competence isn't clear.

A commotion down a nearby alley draws his attention for a brief moment - "Say, is that Decimus' hat over there?" he asks. 

OOC

Up to you (plural) if it is - figured they might feasibly cross paths in town of the way to the Brass Crab and it would possibly open up some more RP options pre-regrouping in the pub if Ron's next post is the weekend. Equally there's possibly plenty to get on with separately.

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).