Chapter 01a: When Home Burns (Welcome to Vogler)

Kamishiro_Rin

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +5
Medicine: +3
Perception: +7★
Survival: +5

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Merituuli smiles as the questions about his home continued.  Despite leaving it far behind, he was still incredibly proud of his people and culture - and what better way was there to spread the greatness of Dimernost?

With his shopping complete, he follows his new friends towards the Brass Crab, nodding excitedly at Mery's questions.  "We have a number of ways, actually!  Word of mouth is common, sure, but we've also developed something like your paper that won't disintegrate in the water.  We use thick, pressed seaweed and a special ink we've sourced from urchins that's viscous enough to not dissolve.  We can also communicate simple ideas to sea beasts - it's a special gift granted to us by Abbuku long ago, if memory serves - so we often use sea horses or dolphins to deliver messages.  All that said, we do also have air domes spread throughout Dimernost for visitors, forges, and alehouses.  That's how I met Ispin!  But that's a tale for everyone, I think."

Eventually reaching the appropriately named tavern, Merituuli's smile only broadens at the sight.  "Well, would you look at that!  It does look like a crab!  Hope they have the food to back it up!"  Walking in, he sees the two dwarves and human right away and heads over to their table.

"Hello gentlemen, swapping stories?"

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 16/18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1
Save: −1

Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Insight: +3
Perception: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan nods to the young knight giving permission to handle his holy hammer, Reorx's gift.  He watches Artanis wondering if he was worthy, too.  "Unfortunately, I think we've started a new age of gods and monsters."  He takes a deep pull of his beer.

"Aye, Thorbardin closed its doors to us, it did.  What's this about a broke cart?"

OOC

Action: Carouse

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Mery wants to ask Kai more questions, but as they arrive at the inn, the outgoing Sea Elf makes a beeline for the table that Coltan, Artanis, and Modri are sitting at.  'I'll have to ask him later,' she thinks in amusement.

She tells Decimus and Hunni, "Tell the others I'm going to my room for just a few minutes to freshen up and I'll be down afterward."

She then gets the key to her room from Yalme, and the two exchange a few words.  Mery then heads to the western wing of the inn, where she finds her room, unlocks the door, and enters.

Fifteen minutes later, she returns to the common room and goes over to see if there's room at the table where her new friends are.  Those who did not go shopping notice that she has removed her armor and backpack, and is now wearing a short-sleeved tunic of bright green and khaki-colored pants and some soft boots.  She has also taken her hair out of its bun.  Her long blonde tresses hang to her lower back and she has pulled the sides back with a hairpin, allowing a few wavy tendrils to frame her face.

She notices that Artanis has also removed his armor and she can see more of the farmer's son in him now, but none of the others seem to have changed.

Although there is space to sit at the table where her companions are, she bites her lip, then looks around at the customers in the inn, trying to read their faces even though she's terrible at reading people.  Unsurprisingly, she can't read a thing.

A terrible sick feeling rises in the pit of her stomach as she then attempts to read the faces of her new companions.  'Do they even want me to join them?  I could go elsewhere, I guess, if I'm not wanted.'

To her surprise and no little amazement, she's easily able to read her companions' faces.  Both Artanis and Kai have a sort of general openness to them that seems sincere enough.  The two Dwarves are both a bit hard for her to read, their craggy faces seeming much like the rock of the earth that so many of them enjoy living in, but at the very least, they don't seem closed.  Hunni seems a bit like Kai and Artanis - able and willing to converse with anyone.  Decimus is sitting off to the side drinking some wine, his face thoughtful and not really paying attention to her.  She walks over to him and says, "I hope you'll come sit with us once you're done enjoying your wine."

'There.  Now I've done what I would want someone to do for me - make it really clear that I'm welcome instead of forcing me to guess if I'm welcome or not.  And I guess it's time to use my courage muscles.  I can still leave if they don't want me.'

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Mery first gathers an extra chair - for Decimus, should he choose to join them - and sets it at the table where the others are.  Then she takes a seat at the table and nods to the others.  She listens, for now just attempting to tune into whatever the group is currently talking about.

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

You're going to have to help me out here, guys.  Whatever Mery sees in you all's faces is natural 20 clear, lol.  I just don't know what that is.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)
Name
Insight roll - check the room
1d20+1 4
Insight roll 2 - read her friends' faces
1d20+1 20

token_1.png.ba18d35c074c2d2a05b1e13a8e573631.pngDecimus - Initiate of High Sorcery | Bladesinger Wizard | Human

AC: 13  | HP: 14/14 | Speed: 30 ft | Spell-casting: +5 / DC 13
Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 15
STR: Score: -1
Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
:
 16 | CONScore: 214 | INTScore: +3
Arcana: +5
History: +5
Investigation: +5
Religion: +5
:
 16 | WISScore: 0

Animal Handling: 0
Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
Perception: +2
Survival: 0
:
 10 | CHAScore: -1

:

Languages: Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Primordial

FeatsWar CasterPrerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting Spells in the midst of Combat, learning Techniques that grant you the following benefits:
You have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws that you make to maintain your Concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic Components of Spells even when you have Weapons or a Shield in one or both hands.
When a Hostile creature’s Movement provokes an opportunity Attack from you, you can use your Reaction to Cast a Spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity Attack. The spell must have a Casting Time of 1 Action and must target only that creature.

| FeaturesRitual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don’t need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane RecoverYou have learned to regain some of your magical energy by studying your spellbook. Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher. For example, if you’re a 4th-level wizard, you can recover up to two levels worth of spell slots. You can recover either a 2nd-level spell slot or two 1st-level spell slots.
BladesongYou can invoke an elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits: You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). Your walking speed increases by 10 feet. You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks. You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.

| ActionsRapierATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)

Bladesinging Rapier StrikeATTACK: DEX [3]+ Proficiency [2]
RANGE: 5ft
MAGIC BONUS: 0
CRIT RANGE: 20
DAMAGE: 1d8 + DEX [3]
TYPE: Piercing
DESCRIPTION: melee weapon (martial, sword)
 | SpellsCantrips
Blade WardBlade Ward
Abjuration cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V S
Duration: 1 round
Description:You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Booming BladeBooming Blade
Evocation cantrip
Casting Time:1 action
Range: Self (5ft radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: 1 round
Description:You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).

Green Flame Blade1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Target: One creature within the spell’s range
Components: V, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack’s normal effects, and you can cause green fire to leap from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell’s damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target on a hit, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 2d8) and 17th level (3d8 and 3d8).

1st-Level
Expeditious Retreat1st Level Transmutation
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Classes: Artificer, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Description: This spell allows you to move at an incredible pace. When you cast this spell, and then as a bonus action on each of your turns until the spell ends, you can take the Dash action.

Magic Missile1st Level Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120ft
Target: A creature of your choice that you can see within range
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Tensors Floating Disk © (a drop of mercury)
Tash's Hideous Laughter © (Tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)
Identify (A pearl worth at least 100 gp and an owl feather)
Detect Magic ©
Absorb Elements
Charm Person
Comprehend Languages [Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]
Shield1st Level Abjuration
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Duration: 1 Round
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
Description: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
[Initiate of High Sorcery Feat]

As Merituuli explains the intricacies of his native lands to Meryelle, Decimus listens silently, thinking to himself that the Dimernost sounded quite intriguing, and that he would likely enjoy the visit.  The fish would be unimaginably fresh, the idea of which on its own was enough for the wizard to want to go.  Most importantly though, what sort of wine did they pair down there though?  It seemed as though even with the Sea Elves snack, food was still in the forefront of his mind as they approached the Brass Crab, a building that certainly did not disappoint.  Remarkably creative use of architecture, built with purpose and charm...  He smiles to himself as they enter, the rich aromas and warm air wash over him as he enters, and he immediately feels sleepy as the familiar scents fill him with memories of countless other inns and homesteads he had spent time in over the past twenty years of his life.  The more things change, the more things stay the same.  The Sea Elf immediately rushes off to greet their companions, and Mery mentions wanting to freshen up, giving Decimus the worrying feeling that he was not as concerned about his hygiene as he needed to be.  As she vanishes to the rooms to prepare, he seats himself in one of the comfy old armchairs by the fire, exhaling as he lowers himself into the seat, feeling the wear and tear of their travels.  As the barmaid approaches him, he politely requests a glass of red wine, something rich and fruit forward.  After a drink and a moment of rest, he plans to join his companions, for now, he is happy to listen in.  

spacer.png

OOCAction:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Edited by tyrtaeus (see edit history)

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 (0 THP) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Investigation: -1
Nature: -1
Religion: -1
:
 8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Animal Handling: +3
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Deception: +3
Performance: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis grasps the hammer, feeling the weighting. "You're right, Coltan, superbly weighted. Not that I would expect any less from the God of Craft!" Artanis states with suitably impressed expression. "To think, I'm touching the first artefact of this Age," he shakes his head in wonder, before returning to his drink. Such politics as involved the dwarves was always a difficult conversation topic to navigate, and Artanis decided to steer well clear. He'd never met any mountain dwarves himself, having never visited Thorbadin, so would hold his own judgement till then. 

"Ah, it was nothing really, I'm sure anyone would have done the same" he replies to Modri, apparently with genuine humility. "It was Geoff, one of the merchants who passed through Alnwick regularly on his route. Not his fault, Bess - his horse - is usually solid as a rock, but she must've been spooked by something. Anyway, took off thundering down the street like that cart weren't even there. Next thing the wheel hit a rut, cart on its side, and Geoff tangled in the reins still. That's when I stepped out to see what all the fuss was about, and saw ol' Bess really had no intention of stopping - the crash had just spooked her more." Artanis takes a long sip of his drink to wet his throat, and is about to continue his story when the rest of their companions walk in. 

"Yes indeed," he replies to the boisterous sea elf, "and just getting to the exciting bit," he adds with a twinkle in his eye. "So really, any delay is just building up Modri's appetite there, so pull up a chair and reeaally stretch it out!"

Once Merituuli was comfortable, Artanis continues "Anyway, obviously I couldn't just watch - Geoff would have been dead by the end of the road and it's not a nice way to go either. Not that he got off scot-free mind you. So I managed to grab the reins myself as Bess charged pass and swing myself up. Damn near pulled my arm out it's socket mind. Once I was up though, managed to rein her in and then calm her down. Like I said, she's normally rock solid and real biddable. " he finishes, his accent thickening as the story, and ale, continues to flow.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan finishes his beer during Artanis's story nodding and appropriately reacting to the young knight's obviously important experience.  He signals for another round to spend the remainder of the librarian's coins.

After a comfortable pause, the smith turns to the blue elf, "Merituuli?  Are you a Dimernesti elf?  I've heard their ruler is Nuqala Windspeaker, Speaker of the Sea.  Is that right?  Have you ever met 'em before?"

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Insight: +5
Perception: +7★

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

As Merituuli settles in and listens to Artanis's story, he takes a moment to reflect on his journey so far.  So many different walks of life... I think that's what I like most about this journey.  The Dimernesti have spent so long isolated from the rest of the world after the Cataclysm.  I understand what we lost, but with this talk of Takhisis returning Ansalon is going to need all the help it can get...

His thoughts are interrupted with Coltan's questions about his ancestry.  "Yep, Dimernesti is right, born and raised in the capital city Dimernost.  Our only city left after the Cataclysm, unfortunately.  You've heard right about Speaker Nuqala as well!  I'm rather impressed - not many land-walkers know much about our culture."

When Coltan asks if Merituuli has met the Speaker, the sea elf suddenly grows a bit evasive.  "Oh, uh, yes, once or twice.  My family is... close... with the Windspeakers.  Well regarded and all that."  It's obvious to nearly anyone that Merituuli is leaving information out of the answer.  Trying to change the subject, he yells out to the proprietor Yalme, "An ale, ma'am, please and thank you!"

OOC

Action: —

Bonus Action: —

Movement: —

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 2/2 Favored Foe Marks
  • 2/2 1st Level Spell Slots
Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)
Name
Charisma check for... reasons
1d20-1 6

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Nature: +1
:
:
Intimidation: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

For the majority of the shopping trip, Hunni seems content to wander wherever she seems welcome, which isn't likely to be too far from the others.  Gully dwarves being what they are.  She doesn't really buy anything, and tries hard not to touch anything that doesn't belong to her, but it isn't always easy. 

At the Brass Crab, though, she pulls up a seat with the rest, and climbs onto it awkwardly.  The whip at her side, for any who may be looking, seems to curl up tighter at the sight of the holy relic sitting on the table, almost as though hiding.

Hunni orders water, and doesn't seem interested in drinking anything else.

"Talking to dolphins, that's how you saved those people, right?  In the ship?  I heard about that!" she enthuses, apparently continuing an ongoing conversation with Merituuli.  "Speaker Nuqala, does her name mean she speaks to the whole sea?" she asks, curiously. 

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+3)

Mery listens intently while Kai talks about knowing the Windspeakers.  'What isn't he telling us?' she wonders idly. 'He mentioned something earlier about there being a lot of expectations on him.  I wonder... Well, for that question, I'd probably best catch him privately.' 

Realizing she hasn't heard much from Hunni about her story, she asks the Gully Dwarf, "So what caused you to leave home and explore the world?  And if you don't mind my asking, what made you decide to join the Black Robes?"

Noting a scar on Coltan's face, she asks him, "Is it true you got that scar from battling a goblin?"  She doesn't remember where she heard that.

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

:

:

:

:

:
10 (+0)

Coltan nods at the sea elf's answer and takes a long pull of his new beer.

The smith turns to the librarian and replies, "aye, goblins."  His hand reflexively goes to his face and rubs his scar.  "Sixteen years ago, it was actually the time I met Ispin.  He, my parents, and I were in this small village together and defended it against a notorious band of goblin raiders.  Afterwards, we traveled together for months and became fast friends."  He toasts his missing friend and takes another couple of swallows of beer.

OOC for Mery

With your 20 Insight check, you can clearly see that Coltan knows more about Merituuli than his question.  Meaning, he was not surprised the sea elf gave an incomplete answer.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Cantrips

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

:

:
:
:
:
17 (+3)

At Mery's question, Hunni frowns slightly.  Her eyes glaze, and she shrugs.  "Dunno," she says, with an odd cadence, as she shifts slightly into Gullytalk.  "Before Yesterday.  Way before..." the warlock shrugs, and her diction speeds up slightly.  "I saw what I was going to be.  Didn't want that life, any more.  I love my family, but..." she trails off, unwilling to say more on the topic.

"I heard you're writing a book, though."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.

On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant

16 (+3)

Mery feels a little disappointed to not have learned a little more about Hunni.  "I can certainly understand wanting to change your future.  I myself have a major life goal to do just that."  She doesn't elaborate on either what she wants to change or the goal.  'Though I hope I'd never choose the Black Robes to accomplish my goal!  She decides not to push the tiny woman on the topic of family, saying only, "Hunni, I also have crazy-making family members - well, really only one crazy-making family member, and they're not just a little crazy-making, they're a lot crazy-making."  Mery hopes that this information might be enough to induce the Gully Dwarf to talk to her about her family at a later time.

She recognizes that bringing up her book is an attempt to change the subject.  Mery decides to answer the question but toss the conversational ball right back to Hunni. "Well, writing a book is a future goal of mine rather than a current endeavor, but once I find a topic worth writing about, yes, I do plan to write one."

"What sorts of things do you enjoy, Hunni?  And what's the most interesting thing you've seen since you've been traveling around Krynn?"  She hopes that these questions will be ones the Gully Dwarf feels more comfortable answering.

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 15/15 (0 THP) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
StrSave: +3

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Nature: -1
:
Animal Handling: +3
:
Deception: +3
:
16 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis relaxes as he drinks and listens to the rest of his new companions stories. It was nice to be back in a tavern after a few days on the road. Even better to be here in the afternoon rather than working or training or maintaining his gear for once. When Hunni pipes up in response to Mery's questioning Artanis' eyes sharpen slightly, and more so at the gully dwarfs deflection. Those paying close attention notice him shoot a quick glance towards the wizard sat by the fire still, looking for any obvious reaction. Artanis had never heard of the Orders accepting any Aghar - or anyone really accepting them to be fair - but it wasn't like he knew much of the secretive Order. Still, he listened closely as Mery continued to try and pry some history from the young woman. 

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [3]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence.When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to rally your allies to attack a hostile creature within 60 feet of you.

The next time damage is rolled against that target by an allied creature before the start of your next turn, they can add the Leadership Dice to the damage roll, and the attacking creature regains hit points equal to the amount rolled on the Leadership Dice.

Urgent Orders As a bonus action, you can expend a number of Leadership Dice (up to your per turn limit) to guide your allies in expeditious action.

Target an allied creature within 60 feet of you that can see or hear you, that creature can immediately use its reaction to move up to its movement speed (up to a maximum of 30 feet) without provoking opportunity attacks. Roll the leadership dice expended, the target gains temporary hit points equal to the value rolled.

Helpful Word As a bonus action, you can spend a Leadership Die to take the Help action. When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if your ally can see or hear you.

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 2/2 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 31/31 (2d12+6+4+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Modri Listens intently at Artanis's story, and the others for that matter. Meryelle in particular sees Modri as a very accepting Dwarf. Her read on him is he's a man with many acquaintances, and few friends, but even his acquaintances he treats as if they're close. She's plenty welcome at the table.

As others begin to talk, Modri feels less of a need to jump in himself, the kind to guffaw and talk loud to bring some life to a dead room, but one that is already lively has no need for his intervention.

OOC

-

:

:
:
:
:
17 (+3)

Hunni frowns a little more at Mery's questions.  "They aren't...  Crazy Making.  They are..." she struggles a bit for words.  "I don't know a word for it.  Not stupid, people think Aghar are dumb, but we aren't, we're...  Cursed," she admits, finally, although even that word doesn't seem to really encapsulate what she means.  "Not dull, never dull, but stuck.  Trapped.  When Reorx turned on us, we were put in...  a place we couldn't remember..." she frowns more deeply.  "How to escape..." 

Any who know gully dwarves would know the theory she is proposing is novel, to say the least.  Unheard of, perhaps.

"Dunno," she comments, sadly.  Her tone shifts back and her diction becomes more dull, again, slower.  "I like stew.  Rats.  With a little mushroom.  Small safe places to sleep.  Family.  I dunno."

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Spellcasting