Jump to content
Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Terror on the Farm


GaryD20

Recommended Posts

Mordel

Mordel spacer.pngis relieved the fire is put out so quickly. To Aelric's question, he walks up to the presumably dead being and prods it with his sword, looking for any residual sign of life. If it doesn't show any, he replies: "Be at ease, good sir, while I never encountered such beast before, this one will harm and terrorize you no more." Taking a step back and looking around, he continues, no addressing his companions: "I'm afraid we can't rest yet as the other one seems to have gotten away. Do you think it may still lurk here or it has a nesting area nearby where it ran back to?"

And he starts to look for some traces and clues nearby, looking for new mounds or slight tremors, the beast could've have left behind or could signal it's coming, but not entirelly hopefully. It seemed to be rather sneaky, so far. "Any ideas what we were up against..?"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png
HP 6/6 AC 16
With the fire put out, Gemlia walked over to the worm and stamped it down with her boot. "And stay down!" she said triumphantly.
 
"Good work, people. But there's still another one..." she said, looking around warily.
 
"This'n is dead, but tha' other one is hurt. Maybe we can track it now? Tha' hole I found lead into the woods... By the Forge, damned things might jus' live under the earth. Not a bad choice."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gray Greencastle

https://i.imgur.com/AoyctJI.jpgGray sheathes ichor-ridden blade. He strides up to his party, then strikes a very valiant pose!

“Yes, my friends are right. It is quite dead. I hear stories told of such monsters, sometimes they are but MOSTLY dead. Big difference between that, and ALL THE WAY dead. So I am told.

 

”We should try tracking this evasive creature. That would surely bolster our success.
 

“How do we do that?”

 


Character Sheet
Gray Greencastle, Human Fighter!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png
HP 6/6 AC 16
Gemlia shook her head and couldn't help but giggle at Gray's pose. She at least tried to hide it behind her shield.
 
"Not sure how t' track it, but there's a weird trail in the field that leads into the forest. Dunno how far or if it just ends--I didn't follow it," she replied to the knight.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mortimer Davorus

MortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.pngFeeling exhilarated from the battle with the worms (and that he actually proved to be helpful, although a tad reckless), Mort produces his second flask of oil and waves the still-lit torch at the others.

"I'm ready to head out."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The companions set out following the trail left by the worm. The trail is actually nothing more than slightly raised earth, here and there, in a somewhat westerly direction.

The trail is fairly easy to follow until it reaches the treeline. Once it enters the forest it gets much harder to follow.

OocOk, so who's leading this shindig? I'll need two of you out front tracking. And I'll need some rolls for tracking this thing into the forest, if that is the intent. I'll allow either an INT or WIS roll for tracking, whichever is best for the two trying.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gray Greencastle

https://i.imgur.com/AoyctJI.jpgGray stoops low, checking for worm-infested tracks. Getting his valiant self ready for some tracking fun!

“I will help track the horrid worm, my friends,” he says in the most heroic manner imaginable!

That’s a lot of exclamation points! Yes it is, noble fellow. Yes, it is!

 

 


Character Sheet
Gray Greencastle, Human Fighter!
Edited by guitarist (see edit history)
Name
Tracking!
9
1d20+1 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Gray, Gemlia, and Mort leading the way, the party enters the forest, following the trail of the worm.

At first, the trio has no problem making out the trail, but as the companions progress further into the forest, the trail gets harder to follow. The forest floor grows heavy with underbrush and debris. Large knotty tree roots stretch out covering the ground.

After roughly 50 yards the trail seems to run cold...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png
HP 6/6 AC 16
"Dammit, Forge's ashes! I've lost th' trail," Gemlia proclaimed with a stomp on the ground.
 
"This mission'll end with hardly a coin in our hand if we can't find it..." she grumbled. The Dwarf knelt and tried to get a better view of the soil being overturned or rounded. She'd pass her free hand across it, looking for loose spots or perhaps more of that wet goop she'd found earlier.
Name
Find the trail!
18
1d20+1 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mortimer Davorus

MortimerDavorus.png.f8f7cc5349a52ebd5bea181cb75795fe.pngMort looks back toward the farm to get a better idea of the entire path the creature took to escape. He also examines the path taken once the creature was burrowing through the forest. Based on his findings, he tries to determine the most likely direction or pattern of travel this thing would have taken past the point where they lost the trail.

Name
Investigation
8
1d20+1 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mordel

Mordel does not want to "sit idly by"spacer.png, so he starts to look for tracks and clues along the way, moving the grass or leaves away fo reveal hidden marks, if there are any.

 

Name
Investigation
11
d20 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gray Greencastle

https://i.imgur.com/AoyctJI.jpgGray strides valiantly further into the forest. Checking forested ground for any sign of recent disturbance.

“Maybe the worm came up to the surface…and SLINKED away,” he speculates.

Let’s see what the ground tells us. Checking for recent disturbances, Gray rubs his chin wisely with gauntleted hand.

 

 


Character Sheet
Gray Greencastle, Human Fighter!
Name
Survival
9
1d20+1 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The party begins scouring the forest floor trying to once again pick up the trail. After several moments Gemlia lets out a triumphant cry. She has picked up the trail of the worm! Aided by the others, the dwarf sets off following the trail.

This time the companions manage to follow for a few hundred yards before it is lost again. The party find themselves deep in the forest. Here it is dark and cool. And quiet. No animals can be heard scampering about the trees limbs above. No birds can be heard chirping and singing. Just an eerie silence hanging in the air...

OocIf you want to search the area or try to pick up the trail again, I'll need rolls. Anyone can roll. Whoever wants to look/search can. Just let me know what you are searching for/doing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...