General Chat

Eborne1

@Eborne1 as I understand it, to clarify (maybe): for the remainder of this combat, only the second shot is taken at -2.

The general rule, and in all cases going forward, is that Extra Shot gives you a second shot but imposes a -2 penalty to both, so -2/-2 as a standard attack action, and further modified by TWF to give you a third attack, which I guess means penalties of -4/-4/-4 if you have the feat?

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)

Hmm... Maybe you're right... (-6 is a little steep)

But I don't think the primary hand should be affected by using the "extra shot" mechanic with the off hand... So I'm thinking -2/-4/-4. (Revolver & Semi-Auto)

(-2/-2/-4 for this combat)

If using two semi-autos with TWF, both using extra shot, then it will be (-4/-4/-4/-4).

Thoughts?

I think that balances better. If we're going to "realistic" then the first shot is no different than a single shot, and the penalty on the second is easily equated to the reduced accuracy of firing a recoiling weapon

Not that I'm going to take the TWF route anyway, so it won't get complicate for me unless/until iterative attacks pop up

where I'm going twf for melee brawl cause chaos is fun, but also she's really good for sniping cause ranger is so much better in PF/3.5 then 5e.

Also, I should be able to get to the feat by 11th level. as at 4th I get Precise Shot, 5th: Rapid Shot 7th: Weapon Focus (firearms), 9th: Snap Shot and 11th gives us Sword and Pistol, unless allowed to retrain Deft Maneuvers, then I could get it at 9th.

Edited by Lunermist (see edit history)

So, to see if have I course corrected it enough. Now is +8/+8 if I decide to shoot both guns with TWF standard -2/-6 apply (making it +4/+4) then instead of reducing 4 from an already reduced off-hand shot I just rewind and again reduce 6 from the original value (+8) like it's a new shot making it +2. Correct?

It'll be nice if we survive to L4 and can use the supplemental stuff our gestalts get at L2. It's not exciting stuff, but I get Uncanny Dodge, a bonus to Perception and better Disable Device options

Lucky that crit confirm failed. Hopefully 6 more damage takes that guy down!

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)

The Archaeologist gets some more cool stuff later, but Archaeologist's Luck comes at Level 1 and that's the real meat of the archetype. I get all the good Rogue stuff pretty much - Evasion, Trap Sense, and some Rogue Talents down the line.

6 hours ago, The Foiler said:

The Archaeologist gets some more cool stuff later, but Archaeologist's Luck comes at Level 1 and that's the real meat of the archetype. I get all the good Rogue stuff pretty much - Evasion, Trap Sense, and some Rogue Talents down the line.

True for Archaeologist but for poor brute like me, it's free TWF, more hand-to-hand stuff, extra feat (which would be naturally Greater Two-Weapon Fighting) which would make my pistol into submachinegun, with 4 shots if I'm dual wielding. I get extra AC and some minor stuff besides it. I'll be happy if I survive until lvl 4. Now @Eborne1

how 90% of your shots are touch or I'm calling shenanigans

You know what's a fun ranged character? Divine Marksman Ranger, or Ilsurian Archer depending on your source. You give up casting and a few meh abilities to be awesome at using a bow and be able to use Favored Enemy against everything. No magic, just brutal archery.

@Grudge I don't think you calculated your shots correctly on your last turn. You still wouldn't have hit, but if you're shooting at +8 with pistols... then I think your TWF+Extra Shot routine should've been: (1. Revolver = d20+6 /2. 9mm = d20+6 /2. extra shot = d20+4)

(You didn't add any bonus at all on your extra shot)

Anyway... those were rough rolls. But for next time.

After this combat it'll be +6/+4/+4 for you for the same routine.