General Chat

Eborne1

4 minutes ago, The Foiler said:

does Pistol-Whip let you use the butt of your gun or whatever as a melee weapon for an AoO?

It doesn't because using that deed requires a standard action. An attack of opportunity is a special attack action that doesn't qualify as a standard action for the purpose of activating abilities etc.

3 hours ago, Eborne1 said:

I erred on that... he doesn't get an attack of opportunity. I will edit that out.

To answer your question though (for future situations), he wouldn't be able to use a firearm in AOO as he doesn't threaten with ranged weapons until he acquires the snapshot feat. However, I believe he always threatens with unarmed strikes and the results of the AOO would be absolved after the attack unless he has a feat or class ability that changes that.

(Correct... 5 dmg + trip)

I mixed it up with grapple as an opposed check and not just a standard need to beat my CMD, some attacks happen rarely so I really don't know them by heart sorry. And yeah I planned to AoO it with a Brawler side so if I was good enough to remain standing I'd be able to flex my 1d8+3 😂. Anyway now getting up from prone is a move so I can get up and attack from the same position/move/change weapons. Those are all my choices, right?

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

@Eborne1 Hm rereading GM post and checking the map again, Is Dan able to see (and shoot) at No3, since I thought with just standing up couldn't see anyone, if he can see No3 he'd shoot him right away, not ready action. So I'd just like that clarified and change the post (I won't change the rolls but just shoot at No3.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Dan can see him and fire on him from the prone position. He can even get up afterward (or before) if he wants. Either works. Feel free to rewrite the post as long as it includes firing at that guy.

Yeah, since I never played straight Gunslinger, I don't know this. Being prone and standing is kinda straightforward but how does it count as crouch? Dan gets up in one knee on the ground and a second boot on the floor so he can get up fairly easily. He'll shoot at 3 now that is decided, also forfeiting the ranged penalty if he remains lying. PF is kinda VERY fastidious with everything so there is a likely answer somewhere, I couldn't find it likely because I haven't asked the right question. To give you more info about action Dan will drag himself to that position (left knee on the ground, right boot on the floor so he can stand up next round leaning on the right leg) and shoot at No 3. Is there any rule about crouching?

I saw something about that recently, but I think it was a 3pp thing. Unless you find otherwise, we'll just have the two positions for now..., at least as far as mechanics go. You can have him rise to a knee for fluff purposes as long as he uses his move action to do so..., then stand up to his feet as a free action later on.

25 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

I saw something about that recently, but I think it was a 3pp thing. Unless you find otherwise, we'll just have the two positions for now..., at least as far as mechanics go. You can have him rise to a knee for fluff purposes as long as he uses his move action to do so..., then stand up to his feet as a free action later on.

O.K. I'll kinda do that, go crouch, shoot at No3 then stand up.

I.C. is fixed, but I don't know how to change the names of the rolls, so if someone knows I'd be thankful 🙂 For GM instead of Readied action is just "Shoot" and bellow just "Damage"

ร—
ร—