General Chat

Eborne1

This is really cool. My interest was piqued, but when I saw the location I knew this was a must-join. I've been a Tucson native my whole life and I think it's awesome we are going to see some real locations come to life in the story.

9 minutes ago, Choomie said:

This is really cool. My interest was piqued, but when I saw the location I knew this was a must-join. I've been a Tucson native my whole life and I think it's awesome we are going to see some real locations come to life in the story.

I love Tucson.  It's a great place.  And I love the desert, in general, especially in post-apocalypse settings... 
This is a game premise that's long been bouncing around in my head and I'm glad to see it finally becoming realized.  

I'm glad for your interest and to see what sort of idea you come up with.        

Seriously debating on either Firebrand/Grenadier to be a bomb-happy nutter that makes alchemical stuff in their spare time (damn shame the Gun Chemist archetype for Alchemist is off the table), or a Pistolero/Witch to Dual-wield pistols and rapid reload with my mustache that makes guns in their spare time. 

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

My method is usually to find a picture first that I'm inspired by... then I try to make the character.  I end up sacrificing some mechanical power at times, but I bond more with the character.  (That's just me though)  

That being said, I'm going to make this guy as NPC for this game at some point.

oldfellandhound.jpg.65ee4e62af9b0dcbf5c02adafdfa3319.jpg  Oldschool fella with a hound and a long-double barreled shotgun that knows a thing or two about a thing or two...

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Eborne1 said:

My method is usually to find a picture first that I'm inspired by... then I try to make the character.  I end up sacrificing some mechanical power at times, but I bond more with the character.  (That's just me though) 

tbh this is how I do like, 90% of my pbp application characters

I generally get an idea of what race/class combo I'm working on and then I look for images, and when I find one that fits I use that to help me flesh out the crunch and the fluff, based on what the picture sparks in my mind.

I used to spend hours cruising Pintrest for portrait material. Now I tend to spend a few minutes cycling through results of an AI art generator after giving it an appropriate prompt. Here is my current Character pic (subject to change as I finalize the concept):

spacer.png

This took me less than 90 seconds using the 'Dream' app by WOMBO. I still cruise Pintrest now and then, but when I'm in a hurry, or if I just need a starting point for an idea, there is now AI for that. :)

I can't stand Pinterest, I just do an image search and use my incredible SEO powers to find what I want. Pinterest is always trying to get me to sign up for their dumb service and they can get bent

I'm from the old Internet, where anonymity was easy and you could get away with nearly anything, so I'm pretty resistant to stuff like "signing up" and "paying for things"

Edited by The Foiler (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, The Foiler said:

I can't stand Pinterest, I just do an image search and use my incredible SEO powers to find what I want. Pinterest is always trying to get me to sign up for their dumb service and they can get bent

I'm from the old Internet, where anonymity was easy and you could get away with nearly anything, so I'm pretty resistant to stuff like "signing up" and "paying for things"

Same here, man. I generally use a temporary email address (via a service like 10minutemail) to sign up for anything I 'have to', and always have a VPN set to a country with the strictest online privacy laws (normally Iceland, Norway, Japan, or Switzerland), as well as a cookie auto-deleter active. I use either Tor or Brave browsers, depending on what I need to do. Apps are not allowed to 'synch' with anything else, or have any permissions, or even run in the background of my devices, either, except for Audible (I'm addicted), which has its permissions spoofed instead.

I had to dig out an old harddrive just to pull the old temp email address I used to sign up for Myth Weaver years ago just to use Baldr because it requires an email login instead of the username login. I keep usernames to the minimum character count (3 in the case of MW) in order to remember them since the email used to sign up for such websites is scrubbed 10 minutes after using it for the first and only time.

That's a little involved but I'm sure it works. When I moved over to Baldr it took me forever to realize I originally signed up with an email that's been largely inactive for years and had to jump through so many verification hoops, drove me nuts.

3 hours ago, BBK said:

Dream' app by WOMBO.

Noted.  I played around with one of those AI art generators for a bit and it was cool. I might even still have it on my phone. But I only used it for specific setting art. I hadn't generated any characters. 

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Noted.  I played around with one of those AI art generators for a bit and it was cool. I might even still have it on my phone. But I only used it for specific setting art. I hadn't generated any characters. 

It is pretty good for setting pictures too. Medieval villages, castles, fantasy landscapes, etc.