General Chat

Eborne1

Thinking about technology levels, no electricity means incredibly limited surveillance, since the best you can do is manually-developed photography, and once the stores of existing modern film rolls run out I wonder if you can manufacture 19th-century film media without electricity, or even source and refine the materials. The equipment isn't exactly in abundant supply even now, I'd bet. Photography might be a rare or lost art.

This also means no fancy vision goggles or video of any kind, nothing more advanced than manual binoculars or telescopes. No flashlights. It just occurred to me that this feels analogous to Escape from New York, whereas I was previously picturing something more like Jin-Roh.

5 hours ago, Grudge said:

Do we have a rough timeline of player choice? I know it was 20th something but I forgot the exact date.

It was the 25th originally. I may push it back a few days as some irl stuff has recently fallen on my head.
*hopefully resolved soon

Trust me I know the feeling, I had a family emergency not before choosing the player but after. We were due to start after the weekend and just like that things got upended for another week. I hope it's nothing serious.

1 minute ago, Eborne1 said:

Feel free to post at your leisure in the IC. Let us keep posts tidy and enjoyable to read. Good luck all.

Do you have some post format you prefer?

3 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

A name and picture. Quick stats are nice to have somewhere in your post. A link to your sheet helps.

The usual...

Cool. I never made a real post template for Baldr we'll see soon.