Out of Character thread

Vladim

46 minutes ago, Modest_Proposal said:

How do I add static modifiers to dice roller? For example, if I gain a +3 to an attack roll, how do I include that in my roll?

on the standard dice roller, pick your dice and numbers and then select add... and give the modifier. don't use the tor die roller.

5 hours ago, Modest_Proposal said:

Stupid me never thought to just use the standard dice roller.

That's okay-I'll just add it manually this time.

2 hours ago, thesloth said:

Dahr-Ol will take the knock-back.

That makes sense! But you should still make that Protection (armour) test to determine if Dahr-Ol gets wounded.

29 minutes ago, thesloth said:

Rolled. Looks pretty ugly.

Yeah, that's a wound. I don't remember Dahr-Ol's basic body score, but you can always burn a point of hope (or courage, or fellowship) to add basic body to protection checks and avoid a wound (if that would beat the TN).

Hopefully he doesn't get a second wound that also reduces him to 0 endurance or that's the end of him... maybe Elfwyn would step up to avenge him though.

3 minutes ago, thesloth said:

His basic body is 5. It won't be enough. Giuess he's going to a nice defensive stance.

He can switch at round 4, but if he takes knock back in round 2, he'll be stuck in Forward in round 3.

@thesloth just an FYI: if you take knock back to reduce damage, you can neither attack nor change stances-you basically just lose a turn. The only advantage is that you are not unconscious. I thought I explained it in the OOC section of the post, but I just wanted to clarify this in case I wasn't clear.

I can keep the fluff of your post but I'll ignore the attack roll for this reason.

I didn't re-read the original post to refresh myself and should have since so much time has passed. Dahr-Ol will still take the knock back, it's the better choice.

4 hours ago, thesloth said:

Protection test. Burning one courage point to add body for a success.

That passes with the courage expenditure. No 2nd wound, but the endurance loss still KOs Dahr-Ol. First post of the adventure updated!