Out of Character thread

Vladim

6 minutes ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

What, you mean there's no public Internet terminal, or at least a Cat-5 ethernet port somewhere we could plug into?

There used to be 5G, but somehow the Free Peoples begun thinking that it caused sudden orc invasions. Nonsense, I say. But they took down the towers anyway, so that's done. In all fairness all the towers somehow had flaming lidless eyes on the top of them. Not sure what that was all about.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, thesloth said:

Apparently I can't label multiple dice rolls separately. The awareness check is the 12. The Lore check to see if the "Alderman" is historically significant was the 17

Thanks! I'll give some info in my next post, in a day or two.

@Suzuki Stumpy what if, since we must be getting close to evening time, Arton and Thammegil slip off the roof and go for the Alderman. It would make sense as the common citizens hold the Inn for us to try and strike the leader. Best chance of saving what's left of the town and I feel like it would be very "Ranger-ish" for us to pull something like that. We could each pull a stealth roll see what we get?

@Suzuki Stumpy what if your great success is just to take advantage of my failure. Arton and Thammegil slip out a second story window. We work our way down an alley way. 

Arton moves ahead and tries to take out the Alderman's guards from behind but fails. While they are subduing me, they aren't watching the nearby roof and Thammegil takes the open shot.

Plausible? 

4 hours ago, thesloth said:

@Suzuki Stumpy what if your great success is just to take advantage of my failure. Arton and Thammegil slip out a second story window. We work our way down an alley way. 

Arton moves ahead and tries to take out the Alderman's guards from behind but fails. While they are subduing me, they aren't watching the nearby roof and Thammegil takes the open shot.

Plausible? 

For me yes, but mechanically the option of Thammegil's great success cancelling Arton's failure (for example, by quickly and quietly warning him before he gets caught) is mechanically more potent (as you can both take shots).

Or alternatively, Arton's failure could be framed as a distraction, allowing Thammegil to make a melee attack against the Alderman (to give you something more potent for missing out on the extra shot, as it would make use of Thammegil's higher skill in swords).

Agreed that it would need to be a melee attack as were now down at street level and I’d assumed, since were in town that other rooftops would be too difficult to get to and sight lines for bow shot at that angle would be poor.

Lets frame it as we both slip around the edges of the square to attack in a pincer movement, as Arton moves in, he gets spotted first and mobbed leaving Thammegil open to slip in close and attack from the rear, unnoticed.