OoC - Out of Chocowaves

paladinred

Let's see

Miyuki (human, no special senses, +4P) Kerrick (human, darkvision 60ft, +5P)

Flynn (halfling, no special senses, +5P) Vethr (lizardfolk, no special senses, +9P)

Jace (half-elf, dark vision 60ft, +6P & Adv. on Perception checks) Selena (human, dark vision 300ft & share 1 hour, +7P)

Gav (elf) Mizzi (elf) (Sleep first, watch the rest)

Maybe swap Selena with either Flynn or Vethr so that each watch has access to Darkvision? Otherwise seems good.

Note, My character has the Gloomstalker Archetype.
Umbral Sight: At 3rd level, you gain darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision from your race, its range increases by 30 feet.
You are also adept at evading creatures that rely on darkvision. While in darkness, you are invisible to any creature that relies on darkvision to see you in that darkness.

54 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Note, My character has the Gloomstalker Archetype.
Umbral Sight: At 3rd level, you gain darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision from your race, its range increases by 30 feet.
You are also adept at evading creatures that rely on darkvision. While in darkness, you are invisible to any creature that relies on darkvision to see you in that darkness.

Oh right, in which case all seems balanced, each group with a little darkvision . Sorry I missed that.

Plus everyone on Selena's watch gets 300ft.

Though if elves are sleeping first watch maybe slightly better to put Flynn and Vethr first so the "worst" watch for 4/5 at least has volume on its side with 4 characters making checks

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

Could also always have one elf sleep first, one elf sleep last.

I'm ok with Mizzi taking either item. The slippers seem more rogue ish, but casting from up high would be highly valuable. And, ring of mind shielding would be equally valuable for a wizard. With the added bonus that it can block Flynn from his telepathy to you. I'm not sure if our characters would know about the second ability, but I would not be suprised if that ring has a soul in it.... considering where we are.

Edited by slinkman00 (see edit history)

Don't forget every night I have Tiny Hut

Leomund's Tiny Hut

A 10-foot-radius immobile dome of force springs into existence around and above you and remains stationary for the duration. The spell ends if you leave its area.

Nine creatures of Medium size or smaller can fit inside the dome with you. The spell fails if its area includes a larger creature or more than nine creatures. Creatures and objects within the dome when you cast this spell can move through it freely. All other creatures and objects are barred from passing through it. Spells and other magical effects can’t extend through the dome or be cast through it. The atmosphere inside the space is comfortable and dry, regardless of the weather outside.

Until the spell ends, you can command the interior to become dimly lit or dark. The dome is opaque from the outside, of any color you choose, but it is transparent from the inside

And my Eyes of Night (TCoE, pg. 34) lasts an hour. So I would share it as I went to bed, and got a long rest.

Eyes of Night

You have darkvision out to a range of 300 feet. As an action, you can share this darkvision with up to 4 willing creatures you can see within 10 ft. of you, lasting for 1 hour. Once you share it, you can’t do so again until you finish a long rest, unless you expend a spell slot of any level to share it again.

hope this helps