Beyond the Fourth Wall (out of character)

Xerin

22 minutes ago, Xerin said:

The size of the MacGuffin Stick is about 26 inches in length and about an inch to an inch and a half in thickness. Not including the switches at the top. The rod is a pentangular prism, meaning it has five sides going up and down the length. It weighs a few pounds, and while it can easily be hidden in some places, it's hard to actually FULLY hide, especially on your person.

Does the Stick also have five different coloured timers on it, letting someone who sees it know immediately how long it has been set to any given colour?

So that, for example, if Jake finds it on Wednesday he can just take a look at the timers to see that it's currently set to Purple, and Yellow has had it for X hours, Blue has had it for X hours, etc.?

5 minutes ago, cbenny said:

Does the Stick also have five different coloured timers on it, letting someone who sees it know immediately how long it has been set to any given colour?

So that, for example, if Jake finds it on Wednesday he can just take a look at the timers to see that it's currently set to Purple, and Yellow has had it for X hours, Blue has had it for X hours, etc.?

The timer for yellow didn't appear until the switch was activated. There was also no visible screen for it to appear on. Whether the others will do the same, or they will replace the original is unknown.

Grayson also didn't really keep the rod in one place for very long at any point in the conversation. So the players didn't have time to analyze the real build of the object yet. Have to find it first to start those investigation checks.

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, cbenny said:

Still working out some of the coding for the new site. Anyone know if there is a way to include more than one person for Private Text? Also, is it possible to hide the fact that you are rolling dice from other players?

Good questions, I posted them in the discord. When I find out, I'll forward the information. But that being said, I'm only having players roll if they are challenging something the starter player did. So if you're hiding the device, you can private where you hid the Macguffin, but just post that you do hide it. Then the player challenging you will make the actual roll to investigate. If they succeed, they know where to look. If they fail, they have no clue where you hid it.

Example:

spacer.pngJune sweats and pants, her body isn't made for physical activity and after being tossed the MacGuffin stick, trying to make it up the stairs had exhausted her. As she pants she hears Daniel claim he saw her go upstairs and the pounding of his footsteps coming ever closer. "Ah crud. He's going to smear me like butter if I try to fight him." She whines as she looks back and forth for a solution. And then an idea hits her and she quickly hides the rod before Daniel makes it up the second round of stairs.

Private to: GM Xerin

I open up June's arm cane and slide the MacGuffin down it and then put the cap back on. It's a tight fit, but it makes it.

Example Response:

spacer.png"Where is it?" Daniel exclaims as he makes it up the stairs, having practically taken them 6 at a time. "You didn't have time to move it and come back."

Daniel does an investigation check to see if he can find the MacGuffin.

He rolls an 8 plus his investigation check to see if he can find it. This is lower than 10 + June's stealth check to hide the object. Daniel fails.

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

Okay the following is the link to the discord for myth-weavers. 

https://discord.com/invite/7mqb9NXze7

It should also be available as a button near the top right of the page.

There are 5 colors, and 5 teams (4 student teams). Yellow is the teacher team. They're playing as civilians. They will not ACTIVELY take the rod. But if you hide it, or generally leave it in one place for too long, they are grabbing it. So no flying above the school and putting it on a roof. Or digging a pit and burying it. Because Fire, a teacher, flies. And Poison Ivy, another teacher, can sense where the grass has been torn up. And that's just the Teachers whose powers you know.

There are about 70 students playing, but only 3 actively named students per team. 2 players and 1 NPC.

Interesting probabilities going on in this mini-game. Since there are 8 PCs total, that means that if I randomly guess one of the remaining 7 PCs then I know there's only a 1 in 7 chance of that one being on the same team as my PC. However, if my character randomly walks up to another student then he will believe there's about a 1 in 4 chance of that person being on the same team as him, since the whole class is divided into 4 teams and he has no knowledge of PCs or NPCs.

I'm travelling at the moment and won't have access to Discord until late next week, but I'll join then.

Okay, I just want to give a heads-up. I'm here, and I'm waiting to post my response until at least 1 of the two missing posters posts their actions. I'm planning PMing them tomorrow to see if they're stepping down (no harm no foul if they are. Just want to know), but if I don't have any response from them by Monday, I'll consider them out of the game until notified otherwise.

But yeah, just wanted you guys to know that the GM hasn't disappeared, just trying to give some the chance to catch up if the post rate is faster than they're used to.

14 minutes ago, Xerin said:

Okay, I just want to give a heads-up. I'm here, and I'm waiting to post my response until at least 1 of the two missing posters posts their actions. I'm planning PMing them tomorrow to see if they're stepping down (no harm no foul if they are. Just want to know), but if I don't have any response from them by Monday, I'll consider them out of the game until notified otherwise.

But yeah, just wanted you guys to know that the GM hasn't disappeared, just trying to give some the chance to catch up if the post rate is faster than they're used to.

Glad to hear your reasoning, and it’s totally understandable!

Sorry about the delay! Was trying to figure out her actions.

@Xerin If it's possible, I'd like the Perception roll to be back in time a little bit, what could she see of the Stick before Grayson tosses it up and it vanishes, and sort of in that period as well, what does Barda notice? If it helps anything, she does have Extended Vision. If I can't that's fine, we can ignore that roll and I'm just trying for vibes of the people around me, and if it feels like any of them like cottoned to some trick and is trying to keep it hush.

You can make the perception roll, that doesn't bother me in the least. I know we're still getting the vibe of the game and even I am surprised at the speed of posting despite remembering how much I enjoyed powered high school games in my past.

Alright, seems like everyone is posted up, I'll try to get a post up as soon as possible.