General Discussion

Poor_Knight

We technically finished our first session of Season 9! I'm going to allow a round for roleplaying before I close it out and begin the next adventure. Very proud of what we did in what feels like 6 months, and the next few sessions should be much quicker by comparison.

Exceptionally happy with the way things work in this community and looking forward to more games and more fun, as a DM and a player. Thanks to all of you for your guidance and suggestions.

Congrats! There is definitely a great feeling when you finish a session that seems heightened by PbP simply because of the time put in. I seem to recall that especially being true for the first one.

Actually had a question for you vets: I'm trying to make logs on the Adventurers League Log website, but I can't seem to link it to specific characters. Does anyone have experience there with that? Because I do not and it's irritating the crap out of me.

So when I am entering the log, there is a pulldown menu to pick the character to whom you would like to apply the reward. It reads Character to Apply Rewards.

image.png.2769abb2198c5bc7a45675bd75145fd4.png

I don't know how well you can read the pic above, but for me, all my characters that have logs on the website are there. Do you have a character log for the character in question?

EDIT: Agh, that really isn't very legible. Let me see if I can do better.

image.png.0771569fa9a9842e7161f0941e06878e.png

I saw that, but I don't have access or control of my players' characters to do that; it only pulls up Mercedes as an option. I've created a Campaign, but I have no idea where my players are supposed to input the code that's listed there.

Ah, you can't assign DM rewards to other players' characters. This is for the rewards that you accrue as a DM and can assign to your own characters.

In the Campaign setting, you should be able to give your players the requisite downtime, gold, level and magic items, but I'm afraid I've never used that as a DM. It would be done in there, as opposed to your DM log, however. Have your players joined the campaign on the AL Log website?

5 hours ago, lemonstyx said:

Ah, you can't assign DM rewards to other players' characters. This is for the rewards that you accrue as a DM and can assign to your own characters.

In the Campaign setting, you should be able to give your players the requisite downtime, gold, level and magic items, but I'm afraid I've never used that as a DM. It would be done in there, as opposed to your DM log, however. Have your players joined the campaign on the AL Log website?

I'm not really clear on how to get them into my campaign, tbh. I see the code, and I've given it to them alongside a link to the campaign, but then they don't see where to put it, and there's nowhere on the individual character to do so that I can see.

19 hours ago, Gregorotto said:

I'm not really clear on how to get them into my campaign, tbh. I see the code, and I've given it to them alongside a link to the campaign, but then they don't see where to put it, and there's nowhere on the individual character to do so that I can see.

Ah boy, I'm not sure what to do in that case, sorry. I've never used the Campaigns feature as a DM. Perhaps somebody else here knows?

I just generally tell the players what their rewards are and let them log it.

38 minutes ago, lemonstyx said:

Ah boy, I'm not sure what to do in that case, sorry. I've never used the Campaigns feature as a DM. Perhaps somebody else here knows?

I just generally tell the players what their rewards are and let them log it.

It's been a while but it was a good feature. Process was something along the lines of create the campaign, invite the players, and then when you create rewards for the session you had the ability to assign them to the players. Been some time though, so not sure if it works like it used to.

@Gregorotto - I suppose I could help troubleshoot if you want to send a link to the campaign for one of my characters. I could see if I could figure out how to join. If you need a specific character, let's go with Brocc.

On 3/15/2024 at 2:18 PM, lemonstyx said:

@Gregorotto - I suppose I could help troubleshoot if you want to send a link to the campaign for one of my characters. I could see if I could figure out how to join. If you need a specific character, let's go with Brocc.

I'll take you up on that, now that I'm settled for spring break. Let me shoot you a DM with those deets.