General Discussion

Poor_Knight

To the other ALG DMs: I knocked out most of the Player's Guide today, I'm opening it up to your feedback. Planning on finishing it tomorrow. You can either DM me your thoughts here or on Discord, or comment here for open discussion. Essentially I combined the guide as written with a preemptive FAQ format and maybe went overboard with the images. It's not 100% done, but the important parts are there.

Your the best!

4 hours ago, Gregorotto said:

To the other ALG DMs: I knocked out most of the Player's Guide today, I'm opening it up to your feedback. Planning on finishing it tomorrow. You can either DM me your thoughts here or on Discord, or comment here for open discussion. Essentially I combined the guide as written with a preemptive FAQ format and maybe went overboard with the images. It's not 100% done, but the important parts are there.

16 hours ago, Gregorotto said:

Nicely done! Thanks @Gregorotto

BTW - it's hidden, so only some people can see it I think.

Alright, with that, V13.0 of the Character Creation and Maintenance Guide is live for whomever. I invite feedback from all about how to make it most useful (including if it's too wordy, I'm an editor by trade and can be ruthless when need be). Feedback can range from disagreements, critiques, typo correction, or money donated to a charity of your choice. It's me: I am the charity.

Next (eventually) will be a guide for prospective DMs.

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

You know, with the new system, how come "message reactions" weren't a thing? I'm so used to just giving a message a +1 or a "thumbs up" now.

Anyway...

20 minutes ago, Gregorotto said:

Alright, with that, V13.0 of the Character Creation and Maintenance Guide is live for whomever. I invite feedback from all about how to make it most useful (including if it's too wordy, I'm an editor by trade and can be truthless when need be). Feedback can range from disagreements, critiques, typo correction, or money donated to a charity of your choice. It's me: I am the charity.

Next (eventually) will be a guide for prospective DMs.

::thumbs_up::

Edited by Poor_Knight (see edit history)

You all flatter me, but all I really did is take the work you'd done over years and (not) condense/translate it to S13, fully expecting S14 to come and upend it shortly.

To the same end: as DMs, or prospective DMs, what would be useful to know? What resources do you think would be vital for veteran and new DMs to ALG?