The Hanger

darkhugh

While yes, that sword wont come very soon(the most fitting example is the tier 3 sword) there are alternatives, like the tier 2 great weapon(classic greatsword) and some tech upgrades can improve our melee weapons(sadly great weapons cant be progressive, but a great hammer can receive the pneumatic upgrade, 5 Wup total isnt a joke but neither is 2d10+3+str Pen 2 that automatically confirm righteous fury)

In-character Zelda isnt going to say it, but OOC i think airdropping is a terrible, if not suicidal, idea(which is why Zelda hasnt said a thing)

1) if you airdrop, you are not on the ships, you are not using the power cable, you are running on battery, 3 rounds isnt enough

2) if you fight on top of the turtle, do you bring C equipment and suffer penalties for fighting outside water, or you go without c equipment at the risk(i consider it guaranteed so i'm not sure if -risk- is the appropriate word) of falling into water and..well..sink like a brick , run out of energy and eject?

3) the turtle can simply rotate to toss you into the water, unless you decide to grapple it, which is unlikely to work since it's big and (likely) better at grappling than us

4) neutralize has a 20 dam range, being on top of the turtle doesnt give any advantage as far as i can tell, you can do that from 4 squares away

5) being air dropped into the turtle means triggering the angel fear test mid-air, you risk to land on the turtle and be paralyzed by fear...or run away in fear..or be vulnerable to melee attacks..etc.etc. better to trigger the test while on an allied ship, that way if you get something particularly nasty the ship can move back a bit, to make you less likely to be targeted(while also providing you with energy) while you try to snap out of it

6) you will be in melee with the enemy, i think that trigger the shooting into melee penalty for Zelda and Anya(not 100% sure if it apply in this case, given the enemy size)

In my opinion being linked to a ship is necessary(for energy), the question is if to fight while standing on the ship (using maser) or if fighting submerged(using projectile) i prefer the latter because if you fight on the ship, you must decide if to bring c equipment(and fight at a nasty penalty) or go without, but if the ship sink(even a small blast is enough to hit ship+eva), or if you fall into water, you are not going to get back to the surface and will suffer water penalties(and masers dont work underwater)

while if we fight submerged, it will take a pretty big blast to hit both the evas and the ships and we can use c equipment to move vertically into melee, if we want/need it

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Rudra said:
6) you will be in melee with the enemy, i think that trigger the shooting into melee penalty for Zelda and Anya(not 100% sure if it apply in this case, given the enemy size)

Good points, thank you. I'd like to know about melee in particular, since Mikhail leans more in that direction and I think it's probably best to engage it... unless it makes it much harder to bring it down.

I would prefer to have Type C equipment either way, as I also doubt we'd be able to keep out of the water.

Penalty is -20, but there are a bunch of other stuff too.

As a note, I will likely be AFK for about five days. I have a four day exam haha.

Might post in OOC, but there will be no IC stuff.

underwater.png.931c144913afff98950ab18f0f2fb5ec.png

That seems to imply the penalty only if you're underwater. 'Due to their awkward and slow movement through the thicker medium'

Does that imply that there is no penalty out of the water, its just the water that imposes the penalty?

Ohh, okay so if you're in C type out of the water its okay and if you fall in its good but if you're fighting without it you have no penalties but if you fall in you're boned.

Now I'm confused. As far as I remember if you have c equipment you don't suffer penalties while submerged but suffer penalties when on land, I don't remember the details but I think using c equipment outside water impose - 20 to ws, bs and agi