Chapter 3: Two if By Sea

Powderhorn

Stavard smiles. Your decisions are your own, but is there not a door before us, with company therein? What else have doors been placed for, and to what other purpose does courtesy endure?

Knock, if you will, and we shall see what transpires.

Dungeon Master

The knock, intended to be a sharp clear rapping at the door, is muddled in wood that is immediately recognized to be dry-rotted as soon as Brother Koji knocks it. The relatively mild force of the blow, however, is enough that the door hinges squeal as the door swings just slightly ajar.

brother_koji.png.db3e3bb099e1b76d282b3e6b702cc501.pngBrother Koji 

"Well that is an interesting sign, I won't say it bodes ill or not, only the Father knows for sure" With that he steps into the castle.

"Hello, is anyone there?" his voice rings out clearly, "We are explorers from a faraway land, we seek to talk to your lord or the current owners of this castle"

Koji surveys the area, looking for any other telltale signs of decay and rot

Dungeon Master

The shout echoes back at Brother Koji. Whatever was seen on the ramparts is not coming down to greet them. Inside the walls, the courtyard is overgrown with weeds. What would have been various outbuildings have fallen into disrepair - the roofs rotted, the walls crumbling. A keep is at the center of it all, but similarly no light comes from it.

Harlan set about looking around the castle after they crept in. With his note pad out, he began describing the architecture, flora, and fauna that had taken up residence of any had. While he wasn't being especially observant, he also wasn't completely unaware of his surroundings as he scouted about for anything interesting.

Notice Roll

So I rolled twice, because the first roll I subtracted 1 instead of adding 1 because my finger slipped on the drop down menu. The second roll is in case you'd rather a re-roll than me simply saying the first roll is an 8 instead of a 6.

Name
Notice
2d6-1 2,5
roll
2d6+1 3,5

Whoever is home, they ain't answering, mutters Stavard. He shoves open the door with the haft of a spear and carefully looks about the inside of the courtyard.

Probably nothing living here, or it is living, it would stretch the meaning of that word.

Slowly, carefully, Stavard, tapping with the trusty pole, makes his way into the courtyard, keeping a close eye on whether the skeleton remains in its mortal repose. He pauses, silent, as he listens for anything besides the quiet breathing of his companions and the gentle lapping of the wine dark sea.

Stavard pauses in the courtyard - are there other skeletons about?

If the dead corpses are animated by forces foul and perverse, perhaps we should take the measure of this one, to see what else we might face in this tainted castle and the land writ large.

If there are no objections, I will throw a spear at the poor thing, to perhaps drive it to a true and final rest.