Chapter 3: Return to Stormshelm

Eric

Yorp75.png.7a303146f67ae80eb33f14944460eb3a.png

Yorp the Hidden Kobold

"So many more now." comes from the wall, and pushed into view is a crossbow...not pointing at anyone, and a little claw removes the bolt and relaxes the string before the rest of the kobold follows. Yorp looks tired. Or maybe hungry, it's hard for the tall races to tell sometimes.

"Wanted to be sure there wasn't an arrow just for me." He eyes the newcomers with distrust. "Should have run like others. Safer probably. But..."

The kobold clambers down the rubble, giving a good view of his little pack, strapped with a human-sized lantern and a long knife across the bottom.

"But making stupid promises on a club, keeping stupid promise on thing to bash my head in. And keep them because I promise. Get me killed. Where you wanting to be?"

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"It's alright, everyone. He's ours," Stoyan points out.

"Yorp, what's happened while we've been gone? Anything interesting? Any sign of the wizard?"

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

jojen_reed.png

Golan awaits Yorp to answer ,Stoyan's querry before saying "Yorp! I understand your concern, but your loyalty will be rewarded,Our new friends have been made aware of you,and that you are working with us."

"As long as you keep to your word,we will keep to ours!"

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

Yorp75.png.7a303146f67ae80eb33f14944460eb3a.png

Yorp the Tired Kobold

Yorp makes a few soft yips of agreement as he nods. He turns to the faces he does not recognize. "I am Yorp. They spared me from the warriors here they kill. For guide, they trade me the lives of those who lived below. Kobolds ran, took their stuff. While you went to your warren, Yorp had dragged the bodies down and set them out and said prayers. If kobolds come back, maybe they are buried. If no, maybe that place becomes...bone-place. I ask to let them be. There is nothing to steal, only bodies." Well, and Yorp had stashed all the remaining weapons in a hide hole. If his people ever returned here, they could leave with bones, but also blades and spears.

Yorp walks over towards the cairn and Aurora. "Nothing here but rock and a few trinkets. No money to steal. Kobolds die here, paid too little by a wizard to protect something they never see from long-legs that are so strong and fierce. If Yorp is to die, maybe rocks will remember." Pulling a small item from his backpack, Yorp nestles it among the stones. Some small wooden symbol to some small kobold god, daubed with a little red and blue paint."

Tiny obligation done, Yorp busies himself with unstrapping the lantern and filling it with oil. "Hand and two, last time we see the wizard. Any time he come back. Where do you wish to go? Yorp will lead the way."

Aurora
oldmanwanderer_Elf_attractive_woman_with_long_blonde_hair_green_fddc4ad2-3087-42b9-b344-061390cb0b54.jpg.2d15dd3c832d6f44c16fb1432de379f0.jpg

Aurora tilts her head quizzically at the kolbald who was evidently named "Yorp", her fingers tightening a little on her hilt. She wanted to question the more experienced party but found she was a little too embarrassed to. A moment after Vanya sheathed her blade, Aurora followed suit.

jojen_reed.png

"Yorp I understand your eagerness! but i think you should stay back with Stoyan,Astrid and I!""

""These new comers are keen to try out their skills,so I would like them to lead,but based on our instruction,to try and give them experience in dungeoneering..You understand don't you?""

"Lets go back in through the tunnel,and head back inside the main structure,taking the west wing first."

spacer.pngThorkell is not a man of great subtlety (or cunning for that matter), a fact that his companions are bound to discover, and probably sooner than later-if indeed they have not already. At the sight of this... Yorp, he narrows his eyes, and he turns to look to the dwarf, as if to say:

"Are you certain about this?"

Of course, in reality, no words are spoken. But the young man's distrust is easy to see.

Still, he is in no position to question those more senior: he will follow the group, no matter what, even if they deem it wise to take this pitiful kobold with them.

With Stoyan and Yorp directing, the group makes its way back to the central hall of the castleroom marked #23 on the Level 1 Map page. The treacherous bed that had caught Astrid and Yorp with the slumbering magic is in the room immediately west, while the bed that had allowed their recovery is in the room immediately east.

While the mustiness of the damp air outside lingers within the walls, the ruin is surprisingly dry.

It remains dark inside, so someone (or multiple someones) will need to light torches or lanterns.

Exploration clock: TURN 1

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"If you can't see in the dark, light a torch," Stoyan says rather obviously, "Those beds are enchanted. Stay clear of those rooms. We go right from here into unexplored areas so be on guard. Who can check for nasty surprises, traps and such?"

He wastes no time waiting for an answer and starts examining the walls around the door himself.

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

Dwarves can detect construction so look for pitfalls, unsafe walls, etc.

jojen_reed.png

Golan looks at Stoyan in disbelief ,sarcastically he "Yes! i would also tell you to be wary of the western bedroom,however! " he pauses "it's the only way downstairs from that room,so unfortunately we have to go through it,to head downward."

"But besides, it seem's relatively harmless ,except it does tend to make some want to slumber! "

"But we also know how to wake people from that slumber!,so lets not do anything to damage or destroy the beds shall we..."

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA
Ohthere stands axe in hand squinting in the darkness. He is loath to light one of his few torches but he is practiced in holding torch and shield handle together while others may not have had the need to do so in the past, so begrudgingly he kneels down and lays his backpack out in front of him. Pulls a torch and his tinderbox from it. The warmth of the tinderbox telling him the spark of fire still breaths within. He takes a quick look around then directs his attention to the torch. The scout touches tinder to torch and blows gently until the smolder is passed to the torch. He quickly reclasps his tinder and begins blowing on the torch until smoke and glow turns to fire. Replacing tinder and backpack he looks around and nods at anyone looking.

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)

spacer.pngThorkell copies Ohthere, lighting a torch of his own. He then awaits for further commands; likely from Stoyan, though he is keen to follow any and all of the old-timers, given her knowledge of the place.