Chapter 3: Return to Stormshelm

Eric

jojen_reed.png

Golan says "If you are willing to take the lead Thorkell, we shall all follow right behind!"

"But just know we don't necessarily have to lay waste to everything in here,we don't know what lies further ahead that may need our strength reserves to be at their best."

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA
Ohthere gets a worried look on his face considering Golan's words. "There is some wisdm in remaining strong for a future challenge. I have no experience in a dungeon, but I have been on a few minor military campaigns. One of the first rules of waging a successful assault is to make sure of your path of resupply and retreat. If we go to deep and continue to leave threats behind don't we risk being cut off and destroyed?" The scout asks.

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)

jojen_reed.png

"Despite Yorp mentioning there could be a monster of some sort in the room back there to the north,it appears to be enchanted somehow,it's shown no sign it even knows we are here ,and i would prefer at this stage to keep it that way.."

"Besides with General Yorp here, I'm sure any more Kobolds will rally behind the General,for fair trade for their loyalty,we all know Spellcasters are cunning and unstrustworthy, unlike us of course.."

he says with a smile and a slight smack on Yorp's shoulder..

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"I'm ready!?" Stoyan confirms, "Let's go."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

Dwarves can detect construction so look for pitfalls, unsafe walls, etc.

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA
"Give me a moment and I will try to get a better read of the lay of the land. You iron clads needn't worry. You can jump in front of me if I come running back" Ohthere says moving quietly toward the southwest door in the west room, torch in hand.

Using his halfling silent movement to get close and look into 29.

Aurora
oldmanwanderer_Elf_attractive_woman_with_long_blonde_hair_green_fddc4ad2-3087-42b9-b344-061390cb0b54.jpg.2d15dd3c832d6f44c16fb1432de379f0.jpg

Aurora had been quiet for a while, letting the other determine what the party would do and following the leads of Thorkell and Vanya who, Aurora could easily recognize as far more experienced. With another breath, she pushed on with the rest, placing herself as much as she could near the front. She had a short sword and her bow - not that she was any good with it - so she was determined not to let her group down.

She sends a small prayer to keep the scout safe. "Auril," she whispers. "don't let him die down here."

Having formed up into columns, the group cautiously makes its way northwest, past the cursed bed and into the hall. The space on the far side is 20'x30', with a large set of stone stairs taking up most of the south half of the room--leading down into darkness. On the north side, there is a door in the center of the wall, and a triangular fireplace in the northwest corner. In the northeast corner is a butler's pantry made of solid oak; while the finish has seen better days, the shelves are intact (though bare) and the doors are closed. The fireplace appears to have seen some limited use in the past months, with a thin layer of wood ash and a couple chunks of unburned wood present within.

Scraping noises can be heard from below.

⏲️ TURN 4

🔦 Torches 7/10 remaining

Name
RE
1d6 6

Ohthere exhales slowly and moves cautiously into the room keeping well away from the edge of the descending stairs. Turns to look at the following warriors and signals for them to keep an eye on the noises below. He really wants to make sure nothing is going to jump out of the fireplace before consulting with the party about the stairs.

Using his halfling silent movement to enter the room and skirt the wall, careful to not touch anything, he is going to make sure nothing is lurking inside the fire place.

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"I'm not ready to take the stairs yet," Stoyan says grimly, "Not until everything here is secured. I suggest we go back and explore the east side of the lower floor."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

Dwarves can detect construction so look for pitfalls, unsafe walls, etc.