Chapter 3: Return to Stormshelm

Eric

image.png.bc0806a62a8a8bf84607f1f8459a4acf.png

Golan replies "Well come on! It seem's it's obviously just a dead fall trap, even hunters rig those up to fell large creatures, You should talk to elves once and a while."

at that he stares up at the suspended log,visually following the rope down to the chest,without touching a thing,attempting to see how it's tied on,and what would be the counter mechanism to either lower the log safely to the ground,or what will trigger the dead fall to fall.

"Let's see what i can see?"

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
secret roll one
1d10+1d100 3,28

Golan's pole gently pushes open the lid. The log doesn't move. Nothing springs out of the chest, either. Torchlight reveals the glitter of coins and gems inside!

⏲️ TURN 8

🔦 Torches 3/10 remaining

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"You're taking your time, there, boy," Stoyan huffs, "Do you want me to smash it open for you?"

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

Speak

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA
Ohthere comes back up the stairs and watches the antics with the chest. "Maybe we can put a rope around the chest and drag it out from under the log. Keep anyone from getting crushed." He suggests, not being able to resist putting his two coppers into the pot.

Looking around.

image.png.084a1683cefb35926b57283bdf61ed39.png

Golan is a little surprised that worked,but a step forward without being dead is a good one..

Keeping to his Mantra of Don't get dead,he tries to think logically, without further touching the chest,he looks into the chest at all that beauty within,

looking back at the log, he thinks would the chests contents weigh heavier then the log?

Hence keeping the log up there,in a counterweight position...and would removing any treasure disturb that weight distribution?

With some subtle moves he moves to the back of the chest,calling over Stoyan saying..

"I know your heart wants to just grab whats in there,but let's not,just yet!, What i am considering is we rotate the chest 180 degree's as delicate as we can, keeping a watchful eye on our friend up there. If that succeeds without it falling and making one or both of us a Halfling or a bright stain in the floor, then i suggest we then just remove small increments of it's contents,ever watchful of our friend,should it rush down to meet us violently,are we agreed?,If so then let's proceed"

Summary

Golan approaches the chest assesses it's weight,calls Stoyan to ponder rotating it 180 degree's, ready to leap out of the way, should it fall.

If it doesn't fall, we then slowly remove increments of the chest's content out,and if the log falls ,we dive away from the impact zone.

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA
"The room below is freshly ransacked, but a chest full of shinies is still here and undisturbed. Something don't smell right to me. Even with the obvious boom from above. But I ain't the one to tell someone to be cautious. Though something scares me it might be wise to be a bit cautious." Ohthere says not really believing an unfound fortune lays before them.

Looking skeptical.
Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)

spacer.pngThorkell nodded at Ohthere's words. It seemed terribly suspicious, though the promise of treasure was alluring. Nevertheless, Golan seemed to have the situation under control.

He thus kept his eyes on that wooden door in the east wall, and wondered what could be behind it...

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

Stoyan looks at his own 10 foot wooden pole that he'd been carrying around for what seemed like years, "Hmm, I've got this."

Having said that he gives the chest a poke with pole.

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

Speak. Poke the chest.