A Baronet's Daughter and a Sunless Citadel IC

kaldakaczilhumansmall.png.f3ee92b6fb6570c90b2000575e3603cc.png

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil (Dragon)
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 3//Paladin 2/Sorcerer 1, Level 3, Init 1, HP 42/42, Speed 40ft, Swim 40ft, Fly 50ft
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, Fort 11, Ref 8, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 3   
  Bite  +6 (1d8+3, x2)
Claws +4/+4 (1d6+1, x2)
  Mage Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural))
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 18
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions Mage Armor

Human Form (Name Gawain)
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 3//Paladin 2/Sorcerer 1, Level 3, Init 1, HP 42/42, Speed 30ft
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, Fort 11, Ref 8, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 3   
  Greatsword  +5 (2d6+3, x2)
  Mage Armor + Shield (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 18
Senses Keen Senses (half distance penalties for perception), Keen Low-Light Vision (multiply effective illumination distances for the dragon by 4), Darkvision 120ft.
Conditions Mage Armor, Hat of Disguise for the armor's appearance.

Luca (Raven Familiar)
Male Neutral Animal 1, Level 3, Init +2, HP 21/21, Speed 10ft, Fly 40ft (average)
AC 19, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 3   
  Claws +7 (1d2-5)
  Mage Armor (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Size, +1 Natural Armor)
Abilities Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 6
Senses Low-Light Vision
Conditions Mage Armor

The young warrior gave a smile towards Malus as he walked up to him, smiling back towards the monk. "Well, considering the history of the place I wouldn't say the chances are zero. But I feel like there would be more news or gossip of a dragon seen about if there was one leading these kobolds, at least if it was a Chromatic. They enjoy chasing down life game to consume, the hunters should have noticed them, at least if it arrived before they've been hold up."

Glancing towards the door, the paladin gives a glance back to the party. "Well, an initial glance doesn't seem to show anything, but considering I don't know if any of us have the trained eyes to spot a hidden trap, we should still be cautious. If neither of us has a disposable summon that can open doors for us, we'll have to rely upon resolve and recovery magic if these goblins have decided to be tricky. I don't expect anything too serious, at least until we find the kobolds though."

"With that being said..." he makes a motion towards the door leading into the tower, "Shall I do the honors of knocking, or would you prefer to do so Malus? The protection offered by the Platinum One might make me more resilient to any poisons or mystical laced traps, but we look about equivalently sturdy to take a hit if there are any." 

Provided Malus, or any one else doesn't object, 'Gawain' will keep ten feet between him and the next party member behind him, and sees about prying open the iron-banded door.

Malus| AC 16 | Ini: 4 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 42/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 40 ft |
Touch: +15| Fort: +5 | Ref: +6 | Will: +5 | FF: +13

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/db/fb/75/dbfb75e82420d9c9871e46b39e7fdee2.jpg

"Well since I'm the one with the lamp, I guess I'll take the one for the team. Be ready with the sword and shield though in case there is the squad of little archers on the other side" Malus opens the "eye" on the lamp from the narrow beam he used to check nooks and crannies to the maximum so the light catches the largest possible area then looks at the door judging for the weak point. When satisfied, large man whirls in the place with a speed that is at complete odds with his size, and delivers perfectly placed spinning kick to the old construction without even checking are the doors unlocked beforehand.

Tools of the Trade

Unarmed:

Unarmed: 1d20+7, 1d8+4, (x2)

Unarmed (Using Shadow Hand): 1d20+8, 1d8+5 (x2)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Stances: [X]=Non-Active, [O]= Active

Island of Blades [O]

Stance of Clarity [X]

Maneuvers: [X]=Non-Active, [O]= Active

Clinging Shadow Strike [O]

Burning Blade [O]

Sapphire Nightmare Blade [O]

Mighty Throw [O]

Stone Bones [O]

Sudden Leap [O]

Wolf Fang Strike [O]

Shadow Jaunt [O]

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Crumbled Courtyard

Before Malus makes it to to door, the floor falls out from underneath him, as a very well hidden trap door springs downward, giving him only a split second to try to save himself.

DC 16 Reflex Save.

Malus| AC 16 | Ini: 4 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 42/42 | Size: Medium | Speed: 40 ft |

Malus grabs the ledge as the hole opens under his legs before he drops down. After a second of pause he grunts "See this never would happen to Luca...or Dragon."

OOC: I'll include Dex Aura from Bard if it is turned off reduce result for 2

Tools of the Trade

Unarmed:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Island of Blades [O]

Stance of Clarity [X]

Burning Blade [O]

Mighty Throw [O]

Stone Bones [O]

Sudden Leap [O]

Wolf Fang Strike [O]

Shadow Jaunt [O]

OOC:

Name
Reflex Save
1d20+8 13

((You can safely consider the Dex Aura and Martial Stance active at all times while we are actively adventuring. They only turn off when she goes to sleep since there's no upkeep.))

Crumbled Courtyard

Malus manages to avoid the trap, and the trap is staying tripped. It is ten foot square and directly in front of the door, with a narrow roughly 1 foot strip right in the middle that didn't fall. After just a second or two delay, a large dire rat scurries out of the hole and runs off into the rubble. The pit trap isn't very deep, and inside it are the gnawed remains of three goblins. Two are skeletal and one has probably been dead for a day or two. It has a pouch visible on its belt.

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil (Dragon)
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 3//Paladin 2/Sorcerer 1, Level 3, Init 1, HP 40/40, Speed 40ft, Swim 40ft, Fly 50ft
  Bite  +6 (1d8+3, x2)
Claws +4/+4 (1d6+1, x2)
Conditions Mage Armor

Human Form (Name Gawain)
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 3//Paladin 2/Sorcerer 1, Level 3, Init 1, HP 40/40, Speed 30ft

Luca (Raven Familiar)
Male Neutral Animal 1, Level 3, Init +2, HP 21/21, Speed 10ft, Fly 40ft (average)
  Claws +7 (1d2-5)
Senses Low-Light Vision
Conditions Mage Armor

"Well, even a dragon would fall if they were at a stand. Although a long drop might give time to-" the paladin chuckled in response to Malus' predicament as he reached down to offer him a help back up to his feet outside of the trap - right before that rat scurries by them before the secret dragon could strike at it! "Huh... Looks like the goblins don't care too much about avoiding their own traps... Or maybe that's just where they dump their bodies," he notes, before pointing towards the pouch on one of their belts. "Want me to lower a rope for you to get to that Malus? Or not worth the bother you think."

"I told you that Goblins don't like such swanky digs, this hole is more their style, but this at least confirms their presence. Although the remains look old, do you think they had a go at the house residents and got repelled? I assume they got repelled since the trap was reset. Maybe your Kobold whispering skills come in handy after all." Malus crouches next to the hole "I can easily teleport in and out it's not that deep, but it's pretty small. Luca could you grab it, I mean it's only a pouch and it does not look too full I'll light it up for you. By the way, could our prodigious Bard and Kethar look for some sturdy boards to cover this hole, it does still block the doors. Unless Booth can grow something over it."

Tools of the Trade

Unarmed:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Island of Blades [O]

Stance of Clarity [X]

Burning Blade [O]

Mighty Throw [O]

Stone Bones [O]

Sudden Leap [O]

Wolf Fang Strike [O]

Shadow Jaunt [O]

OOC:

Kethar Starborn

felipe-bracioli-monk.jpg.801880d3559483d3787f017ce68115c6.jpg

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2833768][B][SIZE=+1]Kethar Starborn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Lawful Good Githzerai LA+2/Spirit Shaman 2 Sohei 1/Spirit Shaman 3, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 29/29, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 18, [B]Touch[/B] 14, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 6, [B]Ref[/B] 5, [B]Will[/B] 7, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 2 [B]Weapon Focus MW Naginata [/B] +6 (1d10+2, X3) [B] MW +2 STR Composite shortbow (20 arrows) [/B] +7 (1d6+2, X3) [B] Mithril Chainshirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +4 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12 [B]Condition[/B] None [B]Languages[/B] Common, Gith, Draconic, Celestial Healing Belt: 1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage. 2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage. 3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.
Kethar Starborn
Male Lawful Good Githzerai LA+2/Spirit Shaman 2 Sohei 1/Spirit Shaman 3, Level 3, Init 4, HP 29/29, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 2
Weapon Focus MW Naginata +6 (1d10+2, X3)
MW +2 STR Composite shortbow (20 arrows) +7 (1d6+2, X3)
Mithril Chainshirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 12
Condition None
Languages Common, Gith, Draconic, Celestial

Healing Belt:
1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage.
2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage.
3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Appraise 2
Balance 4
Bluff 2
Climb 1
Concentration 4
Craft 0
Decipher Script 2
Diplomacy 3
Disable Device 2
Disguise 1
Escape Artist 4
Forgery 2
Gather Information 1
Handle Animal 3
Heal 8
Hide 4
Intimidate 1
Jump 2
Knowledge(Geography) 4
Knowledge(History) 4
Knowledge(Local) 4
Knowledge(Nature) 4
Knowledge  
Listen 6
Move Silently 4
Open Lock 4
Perform 0
Profession(Cook) 2
Ride 4
Search 2
Sense Motive 2
Sleight of Hand 4
Spellcraft 5
Spot 6
Survival 4
Swim 2
Tumble 4
Use Magic Device 1
Use Rope 4

Feats and Abilities 

Feats:

Augment Healing (Complete Divine) [lvl1], Alertness(Players Handbook) [Spirit guide], Githzerai Link(Complete Psionic)[lvl3], Weapon Focus"Naginata"(Players Handbook) [Sohei ability]

Racial Abilities:

+6 DEX, +2 WIS,and -2 INT

Darkvision 60Ft

Naturally Psionic(+2 Bonus Power Points)

Psi-like abilities: 3/day Inertial Armor, Psionic Daze, Catfall,  and Concusion.  Lvl 11 get 1/day Plane shift

Power Resistance 13

LA +2

Spirit Shaman Abilities:

Spirit Guide (Fox)

Wild Empathy

Chastise Spirit

Detect Spirits

Sohei Abilities:

Ki Frenzy/1 day

Weapon Focus(Naginata)

Spells

Spell Saves per level:

Lvl 0 DC 12

Lvl 1 DC 13

Lvl 2 DC 14

Spells Known:

Lvl 0: 3

Lvl 1: 2

Lvl 2: 1

Spells per Day:

Lvl 0: 5

Lvl 1: 5

Lvl 2: 3

Spells:

Lvl 0:

Cure Minor Wounds

Detect Poison

Guidance

Lvl 1:

Cure Light Wounds

Produce Flame 1d6+3

Lvl 2:

Lesser Restoration

Equipment 

Equipment:

Mithril Chainshirt (1100GP) Dungeon Masters Guide

MW Composite Shortbow +2 STR w/20 Arrows(525GP) Players Handbook

MW Naginata (310GP) Players Handbook

Healing Belt (750GP) Magic Item Compendium Pg 110

Backpack (2GP) Players Handbook

Bedroll (1SP) Players Handbook

Blanket, Winter (5SP) Players Handbook

Fishhook (1SP) Players Handbook

Flint & Steel (1GP) Players Handbook

Small Steel Mirror (10GP) Players Handbook

Iron Pot (5SP) Players Handbook

Belt Pouch (1GP) Players Handbook

5x Bread, 5x Cheese, and 5x Meat (3GP) Players Handbook

Silk Rope 50 Ft (10GP) Players Handbook

Soap (5SP) Players Handbook

Tent (10GP) Players Handbook

Waterskin (1GP) Players Handbook

Whetstone (2CP) Players Handbook

Monks Outfit (10GP) Players Handbook

Light Warhorse (150GP) Players Handbook

Bit & Bridle (2GP) Players Handbook

Military Saddle (20GP) Players Handbook

Saddlebag (4GP) Players Handbook

Feed x7(3SP5CP) Players Handbook

Spices (Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Cumin, Basil, Rosemary, Onion) (31GP 1 SP, and 5 CP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Wheat Flour (3 GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Olive Oil (5GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Honey (1SP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Funds Left over 5PP, 6GP, 6SP, and 8CP

Kethar watched as Malus triggered a trap and very narrowly survives. With a grin on his face he quips . "You really should look before you leap old boy, I hear that first step can be a doozy.." at the mention of looking for something the bridge the gap he looks around to see if he can find anything.

Name
Spot
1d20+6 8
Search
1d20+2 10

"Yeah, yeah. Hold the light for me old man." He hands the lamp to Kethar and as always is gone just to slide from the shadows down in the hole, he kinda skittishly picks up the pouch with two fingers and again is gone until everyone hears someone drops the pouch on the ground "Damn it's stinky in there, I never believed Goblins could stink any worse until now." He picks up the bag with the two fingers, this time of his foot demonstrating near ape-like nimbleness, and empties it on the ground in front of everyone.

Tools of the Trade

Unarmed:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Island of Blades [O]

Stance of Clarity [X]

Burning Blade [O]

Mighty Throw [O]

Stone Bones [O]

Sudden Leap [O]

Wolf Fang Strike [O]

Shadow Jaunt [O]

OOC:

Malus flings the empty pouch as far as he can before crouching next to loot "Ok, gold I understand, but since when are Goblins geologically inclined? They are shiny but these look just like rocks to me." He looks to others "You magiky types, do they radiate evil or magic, or they are really just shiny rocks?"

Tools of the Trade

Unarmed:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Island of Blades [O]

Stance of Clarity [X]

Burning Blade [O]

Mighty Throw [O]

Stone Bones [O]

Sudden Leap [O]

Wolf Fang Strike [O]

Shadow Jaunt [O]

OOC:

Character Sheet

Kaldakaczil (Dragon)
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 3//Paladin 2/Sorcerer 1, Level 3, Init 1, HP 40/40, Speed 40ft, Swim 40ft, Fly 50ft
  Bite  +6 (1d8+3, x2)
Claws +4/+4 (1d6+1, x2)
Conditions Mage Armor

Human Form (Name Gawain)
Male Lawful Good Gold Dragon 3//Paladin 2/Sorcerer 1, Level 3, Init 1, HP 40/40, Speed 30ft

Luca (Raven Familiar)
  Claws +7 (1d2-5)
Senses Low-Light Vision
Conditions Mage Armor

The paladin gives it a glance over with his divine senses first, while seeing if his knowledge might reveal anything about the rocks. "I can try looking for more magical instead of evil auras, but I can only do so a few times a day. It may be best to wait until we have more to appraise at once to look for magic."

Name
Appraise
1d20+8 19
Kn: Geography
1d20+4 1

Céibhfhionn

spacer.pngCéibhfhionn continues to calmly play her background music. She can't use Detect Magic more than once per day anyhow so she nods her head in vague agreement with Gawain's suggestion to wait until they've more things to look over at once.

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2833416][B][SIZE=+1]Céibhfhionn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female CG Feytouched Bard 3||Feytouched 1/Crusader 1/Marshal 1, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 27/27, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft. [B]AC[/B] 18, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 15, [B]Fort[/B] 6, [B]Ref[/B] 6, [B]Will[/B] 4, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 2.5 [B] Rapier [/B] +2 (1d6, 18-20/x2) [B] Chain Shirt[/B], [B] Masterwork Buckler[/B] (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 19 [B]Condition[/B] None
Céibhfhionn
Female CG Feytouched Bard 3||Feytouched 1/Crusader 1/Marshal 1, Level 3, Init 3, HP 27/27, Speed 30 ft.
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2.5
Rapier +2 (1d6, 18-20/x2)
Chain Shirt , Masterwork Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 19
Condition None
Current Condition

27/27 HP

Bardic Music: 3/3 uses remaining

• Inspire Courage +1
  • Inspire Competence
  • Mimicking Song
  • Fascinate
  • Bardic Knowledge (+4)
  • Motivate Dexterity Aura
  • Leading the Charge (Stance)
  • Flaw: Love of Nature

• Flaw: Magical Fascination

Charm Person (Sp) 1/day (Caster Level 3, DC 14 Will)

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)