Tujan the Prison Isle - OoC

1 hour ago, darlis moonbeam said:

And I suck at keeping my xp updated. Lol

Lol that was kinda funny in literally all 4 games I asked the first answer is you with some version of "ooops, it seems I have the wrong XP" 😂

Taking a 10 will not open the lock, taking a 20 is not allowed as there is a chance you could be harmed if it is trapped.

I hope that this statement does not give away the fact the cabinet is trapped, lol.

Ah. I had assumed that since he had already tried opening the lock that it was not trapped or it would have gone off already as he has already been poking at the lock for 2 rounds. I guess the question is, is the lock trapped or the cabinet? If it is the cabinet, and not connected to the lock, then he would be able to take 20 as the lock will not set off the trap. But opening the cabinet will.

Either way, I think we can assume the trap goes off. He would have kept at the lock until he opened it, aka taking 20 and then would have opened the cabinet. Regardless of which event causes the trap to go off, he would do it.

Not trying to kill my character, just being honest about it.

I cannot remember where I saw it but if you fail the check by less than 5 it goes off, it does not go off if you fail by more than 5, now I might just have that wrong so if you know better then please advise.

Thank you PR

Well Strunt has the axe and knows about traps is there anywhere where he could hack a hole to peep inside, or the skill roll that would help him do that? If the axe is too heavy then just use either dager as a wine opener and drill an eye hole.

Okay, that makes sense. Guess he will go with the crowbar attempt as he is unaware of the trap. Does Finn have a crowbar Strunthal could use?

He is going to try a few more times. What amounts to his 4th try is a total of 29. So if that doesn't work then he will definitely go with breaking it.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

His rapier is described as unusually long and being flat it could fit in the area, he also has a dagger if he wants to use a dagger as the chisel and back of his axe as the hammer to literally break the lock or makes a small hole first to peak. Although 29 is mighty for lvl 3.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Well. "You unlocked the lock. Do you want to open it now?" Sounds ominous, then again we could activate the trap by poking a hole too, I leave this one in the rogue's hands. 😅

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Obviously Drewan would take arrows though he would split them if others use bow. Also if there are three types of weapons and of those one is silver, another is cold iron, what is the third one just a regular weapon or we do not know without a magic check?

I added several rolls for searching the desk and wall just to try to help move things along. Did pretty good on the desk, but the wall could result in another save. 😉

To help avoid confusion over who has what I am tossing in this list and we can put names next to items to show who has what. Please feel free to clone and update, especially if I get something wrong.

10 Healing potions - 2 to each character

+1 Dagger - Devon

+1 Silver Dagger - Drewan

+1 Cold Iron Dagger - Finn

+1 Mace

+1 Silver Mace - Strunthal

+1 Cold Iron Mace - Devon

+1 Longsword

+1 Longsword (is the one Strunthal was carrying)

+1 Silver Longsword - Drewan

+1 Cold Iron Longsword - Strunthal

+1 Spear - Strunthal will carry

+1 Silver Spear - Strunthal will carry

+1 Cold Iron Spear - Strunthal will carry

Wand of Web - Devon

20 +1 Arrows - Drewan

20 +1 Bolts - Amyly

So we have 6 items unclaimed. Perhaps the two who don't need/can't use them would be willing to carry some of them.

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)