Tujan the Prison Isle - OoC

49 minutes ago, darlis moonbeam said:

Ok I that last roll did not go correctly. It was supposed to be 1d8+1 ×3 however I think what it did was 1x3 then the 1d8+3. That was supposed to be 9 not 6 for the result.

when you roll for crit you do it like I did in my post above. First add, a number, then in the field below multiply, the number. I did it with your numbers if you wanna check. Although mathematically doesn't make sense.

Try "Table Entry" and manually write string 1d8+1*3 (that was my second roll)

The last one is I guess 100% correct, do the added roll then multiply in your head x3 (15) which is how you got to 9 I guess, but it is still some kind of bug nonetheless, or we just don't know how to do it 😅

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)
Name
crit
1d8+1*3 1
Crit try number 2
1d8+1 1
crit
1d8+1*3 6
Long Way Crit (add)
1d8+1 4

It's not correct though. It is trying to do pemdas and that is not correct as in this case it should be taking the result of the dice roll with its Modifier and then multiply it. The way it is working you might as well do a 1d8+3 because that is what it did. Instead it should do 1d8 + 1= ? Then times that by 3.

Looks like my second test is the way to accurately do that.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)
Name
Crit dam test
1d8*3+1 7
Crit dam test 2
1d8*3+3 6

5 minutes ago, darlis moonbeam said:

It's not correct though. It is trying to do pemdas and that is not correct as in this case it should be taking the result of the dice roll with its Modifier and then multiply it. The way it is working you might as well do a 1d8+3 because that is what it did. Instead it should do 1d8 + 1= ? Then times that by 3.

Hmm well, this is at least mathematically possible, 1d8 roll 7=21+1=22. But it is odd. Do 4E or 5E do multiplication first and then add mod. I could swear one does.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

@paladinred Sorry, it would appear I misunderstood that only Devon was up and technically posted twice in the second round. Do you want me to delete the wrong post and copy/paste it into the right place together with the result (it was a miss)? Or make the new post entirely and you deal with that post as you see fit?