Tujan the Prison Isle - OoC

7 hours ago, paladinred said:

No, I do not want to be a meanie but I am also not santa lol.

Haha, fair enough. I thought the gout medicine or whatever it was we found earlier was a nice touch but you're right, there can't be stuff everywhere.

It streamlines the game if we don't have to search every room for random things.

Two decent rolls in the same post!!!!! Today is a National Holiday, don't go to work, school, or college and ask for the 50% raise. If anyone raises a fuss just send them to me. 🏴‍☠️

On 1/13/2024 at 8:55 AM, paladinred said:

The trip takes the rest of the day and the asylum comes into view at dusk, you are told that you will be ferried across in the morning and a cabin has been arranged for the night. Amyly informs the party that there should be food over there but just in case she has a handy haversack with some of the tea and food supplies, the party get a good night's rest as the ship's crew stands watch. They reported that they neither saw nor heard anything from the asylum, a landing craft is lowered into the water for the party to cross over to the island, and once there a cage with no ropes sits on the quayside "it works using magic to send us up to the next level" she says as she gets in.

Just to be clear, this means it's still morning time and there is a boat to take people back and forth from ship to shore.

Do we have anyone that would even use the magical Longsword, in the short term?

Edited by KerlanRayne (see edit history)

20 hours ago, KerlanRayne said:

Just to be clear, this means it's still morning time and there is a boat to take people back and forth from ship to shore.

Do we have anyone that would even use the magical Longsword, in the short term?

Sorry, I was looking for that same quote and probably misinterpreted it. Looking at the map we needed to sail to the other side of the island and that took until dusk. Then I missed the part when we waited on the dock overnight before going to the asylum with some magic elevator. I thought we went straight up. My bad :orcfacepalm: Still, I would wait until we search the floor and see if there are, any other survivors. The trip lasts the entire day, depending on how long the search lasts, it might be too late for them to leave then. But that I leave to the discretion of GM

On the second point, I am aware I wrote longer posts sometimes and for that I apologize, but Finn in two posts said that he doesn't want to take the sword. And not in the meaning "take and give back" but in the meaning "doesn't want to touch it at all" he intended to check it for some malign influence, touching it would be the last thing he would do. When you "present the sword" you take it out of the scabbard (or wherever it was) and holding it by the hilt present the blade for inspection (something "Trained Fencer" would know because it would be one of the most heard commands from their instructors, like today when you "present your rifle" to Seargent, unless you screwed up he's not walking off with it). In no moment you are separated from a weapon.

The last one is a bit of a giggle, but I do find that the person who wants to check if there are more survivors before we send the only ship away keeps lower moral ground than others who want to send the boat away with the first group they found not having an idea are there more three rooms away also waiting for rescue. And will, presumably, be found 15 min. after we send the boat away. I mean with Finn's attitude and all is kinda of meant like it and understandable, but to me funny nonetheless.

Anyway, thanks to you all and Finn's repeated protestations, now we have a sword+1, Finn is proficient with it but he is Dex character so he is out. Deinara?

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

The issue with the "present sword" is my bad as I did not know what was meant by it, I did not want to make Finn out to be a bad guy so if I did then I am sorry. There is still a large number of doors to open and you now have a weapon you can hurt these damned dogs with.