Tujan the Prison Isle

Kilgrim2.jpg.1b74654366aa4c618d0c60b16bb4412f.jpg Strunthal Stormbeard Character Sheet

Dwarf, Rogue (3)||Dwarven Paragon (1)/Fighter (2)

AC: 17 (+4 Armor, +3 Dex) | HP: 38/38 (3d10) | Speed: 20 ft.

Touch AC: 13 | Flat Footed AC: 14
Senses: Spot: +8, Listen: +8, Search: +8
Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 06 (-2)
Languages: Common, Dwarf, Goblin and Orc

My words, | My thoughts, | My actions . . .

He is very satisfied that he got to deal the killing blow to at least one of the dog things. And he politely thanks Amyly for the healing.

Sorry. I don't have any paper or writing materials. Maybe we can find a pen laying around in one of these rooms. And some ink. Then we could just make our notes and additions to the map we were given.

Let's make sure this main room is cleared first and then I guess we can start with that middle room there and see what is in there.

Strunthal will stick near the center walls and walk around them until he is over in the section below the kitchen, making sure there is nothing else that might attack them in here with them. He keeps his axe ready.

OOC

Finn| AC 17 | Ini: 3 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 27/27 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Touch: +13| Fort: +5 | Ref: +4 | Will: +4 | FF: +14| Resistances: 1/cold iron

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/43/64/34/4364349afbfd4853a3995548f9b086d8.jpg

While not approaching doors leaving Sturnhal to check for traps and the like, Finn gently taps against the wall with a rapier looking at the building "By positioning, it looks like a space from where guards would observe prisoners in the yard, a three or four guard could cover entire 360 degrees and with some apparatus to raise alarm have entire building on standby on a moments notice. If our target had the inside help someone from there would be perfect."

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Rapier: 1d20+7, 1d6, (18/20x2)

Dagger: 1d20+6, 1d4 (19/20x2)

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move: Taking 5' move

Standard: Eldrich Blast

Immediate:

Spells:

Level 0 (DC 13, 5 slots/day):

Acid Splash

Disrupt Undead

Ray of Frost

Touch of Fatigue

Level 1 (DC 14, 5 slots/ day):

Shocking Grasp

Blade of Blood

Chill Touch

Kelgore’s Fire Bolt

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)
Name
Knowledge (Arcana)
1d20+2 6
Spellcraft
1d20+6 7

image.png.121ffce6879168253a1c7d8aaba6f296.png

Statblock

Deianara
Female Chaotic Neutral  Titan // Warlock
Level 3, Init 1, HP 32/36, DR 1/Lawful, 1/Cold Iron, Speed 40ft
AC 18, Touch 11, Flat-footed 17, Fort 7, Ref 1, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 3   
Comet +9 (2d6 + 9, x3)
Hideous Blow +9 (2d6 + 2d6 + 9, x3)
Slam +9 (1d4 + 6, x2)
Eldritch Blast +4 (2d6, x2)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +3 Natural)
Abilities Str 22, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 18
Condition None

"Thank you, Argent and Amyly," says Deianara as she checks her wounds. "It seems my wounds have not completely closed, but I should be able to carry on. Argent, we don't know how many enemies we will be facing, and what wounds each of us will be receiving. So you should save your spells for now. I don't feel like I'm at tip-top condition, but I still feel pretty good."

OOCNo significant action.

Name
Spellcraft
1d20+7 1

On 2/14/2024 at 3:33 PM, Grudge said:

"Well...That was refreshing. Kitchen is empty by the way." Finn doesn't show a particular willingness to sheath his sword, other than shaking off the blood from the first successful attack. "Does anyone have paper and ink? Since we haven't run into a map yet starting mapping areas of interest for the future might be smart. Especially if we have to spend the night here."

Devon Bohl | "My Speech" | 'My thoughts' | My actions.

Devon Bohl Sheet Male, Neutral Good, Human Wizard 3 // Factotum 3, Level 3, Init +6, HP 27/27, Speed 40ft
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3, BAB +2
Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 08
Conditions None

Memorized Spells

SPELL SLOTS (Cantrip, DC 14) 3+3 | (1st, DC 15) 1+3+1 | (2nd, DC 16) 0+3+1 | (3rd) 0

1. Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*), (Caltrops*)

2. Color Spray, Color Spray, (Grease*), (Grease*), (Lesser Orb of Acid*)

3. Web*, (Web*), (Glitterdust*), (Glitterdust*)

Feats / Abilities

FEATS
  • FLAW: Expeditious Dodge(RotW)
  • FLAW: False Focus(Pathfinder)
  • Wizard 1: Scribe Scroll
  • Human: Able Learner
  • 1st: Extraordinary Artisan(EbCS)
  • 3rd: Craft Wondrous Item
ABILITIES
  • Trapfinding
  • Inspiration 3/3
  • Abrupt Jaunt 4/4
  • Arcane Dilettante 1/1

"Ooh, ooh! I'm on it!" He brings out his mission notes, updates it with the latest information, and adds mapping information to it as well. He enthusiastically adds, "Information can be VITAL to a mission."
When finished, he begins to look around at the area with the others, in preparation for moving forward.

OOC:

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Spellcraft

Arcana

Name
Spellcraft
1d20+12 11
Arcana
1d20+10 12

Devon can tell that the dogs were resistant to non-magical attacks thus magical weapons were needed to bypass this (DR5/Magic).

Amyly casts a spell to detect magical auras, she finds two arrows that glow magically and passes them to the ranger (2x +1 Arrows).

Where now?

spacer.pngArgent | AC 26 | Ini: +4 | BAB +2 | Hit Points: 46/46 | Size: Medium | Speed: 50 ft |
Touch: 14| FF: 22 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6

Amyly very capably patched up the team and Argent gave her his thanks and nodded as he took Deianara's advice to conserve his healing abilities.

"For these creatures to attack as they did it's likely they have the run of the place. Any survivors have probably hidden or barricaded themselves in a secure part of the fort to wait for rescue."

The unicorn moved up beside Finn who seemed to be preparing to investigate the central tower room.

"Agreed, and we'll need to clear this room anyway if only because we don't want to leave any potential threats behind us as we explore." Argent prepared to enter the room but first sought to detect any hostile presence to see if he could gain any information about anyone or anything who may be inside.

OOC

Argent casts his Detect Evil SLA on the central room, walking around it if necessary to make sure the whole room is scanned in the 60ft cone of the effect.

Kilgrim2.jpg.1b74654366aa4c618d0c60b16bb4412f.jpg Strunthal Stormbeard Character Sheet

Str: 14 (+2) | Dex: 16 (+3) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 06 (-2)

Once Argent has done his thing and gives the all clear, Strunthal will open one of the doors leading into the central room and take a peak inside.

OOC

Finn| AC 17 | Ini: 3 | BAB +3 | Hit Points: 27/27 | Size: Medium | Speed: 30 ft |
Touch: +13| Fort: +5 | Ref: +4 | Will: +4 | FF: +14| Resistances: 1/cold iron

As the young Wizard starts jotting the map it takes Finn a second to remember his name since he was one of the late arrivals "Good thinking bringing that stuff Devon, I wish I just dressed took my sword, and bolted for adventure."

Then he nods to Argent lightly taping the side of his sword at his leg "Not just room too." He tilts his head toward the doors they entered through "That is, as far as we know, the only way to escape if things go sour, we have to make sure the road behind us is safe as we progress. If we miss something and get between two fires we are done. It took us way too long to take those dogs down."

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move: Taking 5' move

Standard: Eldrich Blast

Immediate:

Spells:

Acid Splash

Disrupt Undead

Ray of Frost

Touch of Fatigue

Level 1 (DC 14, 5 slots/ day):

Shocking Grasp

Blade of Blood

Chill Touch

Kelgore’s Fire Bolt

OOC:

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Looking into the central column Strunthal can see a set of spiral stairs leading up, there are a few dead bodies that look like they had been thrown down.

Amyly still had her spell running and three more arrows pop up on her radar, there was also 2 potions (CLW).

image.png.24fb76420b346ebe7af553f2e9820bbe.png

spacer.pngArgent | AC 26 | Ini: +4 | BAB +2 | Hit Points: 46/46 | Size: Medium | Speed: 50 ft |
Touch: 14| FF: 22 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6

Nodding solemnly at Finn's assessment, Argent peered through the door Strunthal had opened. With the coast seeming clear, the unicorn entered the central tower room and began searching the area for clues to what had happened here as well as anything which might help them survive in this place. He noted Amyly's call out of the magic arrows and potions but left those for others as he had no bow and had some small healing ability of his own.

He cast his magic senses upward to the level above to see if whatever had killed those in the room might still be lurking about. It was entirely possible that these creatures, seeming to be just normal dogs which had been magically twisted somehow, may not register as evil. He remained alert for ambush even if he detected nothing but it couldn't hurt to be careful. Whatever had done the twisting was absolutely evil, at least in Argent's view.

OOC

Search the room for clues and loot

Point the cone of Detect Evil upstairs to see who's lurking.

Edited by Barrigan (see edit history)
Name
Search
1d20+1 17

image.png.07cb3d0714a75f2ca051aab4dd298049.png

Argent does not find any aura's but does find some residual evil energies, Amyly looks up and says "we should await searching up there as we have not done down here yet". Moving back into the main room she says "where next"?

As directed, Strunthal moves over and gathers up the 3 arrows and the two potions. He keeps the three arrows, but offers the potions to others.

I already have 2 healing potions, so if someone else wants one or both they can have them. Otherwise I will carry them until we need them.

He agrees they should finish clearing out this floor before they head up. He will head out the east side of the room and move towards the door in the northeast corner of the main room. Figure we can start there and work our way around clockwise.

OOC

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

Touch: +13| Fort: +5 | Ref: +4 | Will: +4 | FF: +14

Finn takes out a folded paper from the pocket hidden by his silken skirt "I took the liberty to borrow the oh-so-detailed map of the prison." not finding an appropriate place to unfold it he does it on one of the stairs. "Cross-referenced with Devon's map we might make sense of this mess. Now if I'm reading this correctly we came in from the East and are in this hexagon in the middle. All these jagged points are places we haven't searched, I see 6 of them...I think." He taps a small outcrop on the West "This looks like the smallest room, good as any to start with, Amyly are there any doors directly West from this room? As for the potions, I'll take one if no one minds, as I said I packed VERY light."

https://mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2024_01/image.png.d29b3a687737c9b37da38b0d21c2f066.png

Tools of the Trade

Equipment:

Actions/OOC

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Immediate:

Spells: