OOC for non game issues

Starhawk

Can Ed and/or Heva see well enough to fire arrows back in through the window at the enemies if they are in the lighted spots?

(Assuming their escape is successful, of course.)

Also: Does the open window effect illumination/ventilation of the area?

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

Can Ed and/or Heva see well enough to fire arrows back in through the window at the enemies if they are in the lighted spots?

(Assuming their escape is successful, of course.)

Also: Does the open window effect illumination/ventilation of the area?

Well, you 'can' fire through the windows, but the 'at enemies' part isn't going to fly.

It's smoke, so smokestick is the closest, which in turn says look at Fog Cloud and...

The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

Can't use sight to locate the target is pretty much the definition of invisible.

The open window will allow the smoke to billow out. Breezes tend to dispel clouds with no fuel, but cause clouds of smoke with fuel to burn more.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Edwin mud power doesnt say it can extinguish fires, it's just an entangle effect that i've refluffled at mud tentacles, anything extra is gm territory

Mud is wet soil. I'd say smothering smouldering material is pretty much a given.

Oh, great, Edwin has a future as firefighter in our little town, with fire as the opposition school its truly fitting😄

I'm not sure of the exact positioning of the burning thing, dont know if a single cast is sufficent or not so, @Starhawk can i just say "edwin use his mud power to put out the firery things in the room he is in"? basically stating the intention and letting you determine how much of the room get cleared?

Sorry to bring it up again but could you answer my previous question @Starhawk ? reposting it below here

Can i write, as move+standard action "edwin move around spraying mud to put out the burning/smoking ball of stuff in the room he is in" ?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, you could stick everything to the floor, including your comrades. You might want to tell them how to get out of that situation first since they wouldn't know. Sorry for the delay, I was flummoxed by your notion of covering your comrades in area of effect mud.. couldn't get my head around it since it's not spraying. It's single action immediate effect mud explosion. Those are the inflexible parameters.

With an area of effect you don't need to see the centre. It's an area of effect. That's why it would work on invisibles and such.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

I won't be able to post for another 9 hours, feel free to npc Edwin to move things forward, he will warn his nearby allies speaking in elven and then repeating in cestial, to not reveal the trick to the ghouls

I read that in World War the British would use smoke to separate off a portion of the German defences, to prevent assistance from covering fire, then hit it with overwhelming force. Much of the advantage they are gaining here is from blocking off light sources turning areas into darkness.

We probably don't need to use mud to put out fires.

Raziel can create 6 gallons of rain-like falling fresh water per round ad infinitum.

The mud piles will create obstacles that might impede party movement.

The mud effect is likely better used as an attack on the enemy.