Book 2: Chapter 3 - North and North

Powderhorn

Karadoon
bZsmmIb.png

"The ruins of Glynsburna, if indeed I am thinking of the right place, are not on the way to the chamber. Worse yet, the direct route to the chamber is not heavily wooded. I do agree that accompanying Talula to the forest would be an excellent idea.

And one of the few times we have been able to help a deserving soul in this new land."

Weapon - Combat stats

spacer.png"Then lead the way, my friend." said Iphigenia to Karadoon, eager to accompany this new ally to the forest. A diversion and a delay, to be sure, but one that could bear fruit in coming days...

Late Summer - Day 72 - 73 - Glynnsburna Forest

spacer.png

Talula is pleased by the prioritization of her own needs over yours, and says, "I can feel that whatever was in my place before me had somehow consumed its foes - their bones, or the remnants thereof, rest in the soil. However, so to do their weapons and artifacts, now long since turned to rust and dust. Save for one Taham Stone that I can feel still emanates its magic, which I believe you should utilize to your own abilities. Speak only the name 'Wushall' to impart its magic to one of your weapons, and strengthen it for the foes ahead."

It takes only a day of easy walking northeast to make the Glynnsburna Forest, and should you desire you can take your leave here without any feeling of not having fully done your duty. Talula is pleased by the bounty of the forest, though surprised that so much has changed. She, herself, seems most interested in establishing her home by the river. Should you opt to accompany her, she may well be more appreciative still - but it would be another two days out of the way of the Oracles.

3 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Speak only the name 'Wushall' to impart its magic to one of your weapons

With a voice trembling and reverent made sonorous by the word from an era which is lost in all but echoes, Stavard utters the name while holding the enchanted warhammer in his leather gloved hand.

Time is somewhat pressing, but getting the lay of the land and in particular its waterways navigable is its own reward not to mention her goodwill. I am split on this but I think two days is a price perhaps worth paying in this regard.

Karadoon
bZsmmIb.png

"Talula, if the others agree I am willing to see you to the remains of Glynnsburna. If for no other reason than to learn the old names of this land.

We have found very few reliable maps and there is much in the history that we must not ignore for our own safety.

Personally, I would enjoy speaking with you. Until now, I did not know these stones had a name. We found one early in our exploration. I suspect you could enlighten us all.

For instance, there is a large predator in this land that keeps us and the Maliente in check. What do you know of dragunz?"

Weapon - Combat stats

Late Summer - Day 75, Early Morning - Glynnsburna Forest

spacer.png

As you journey the two days to make the river, Talula is agape at the changes to Glynnsburna - it is as if the entire forest shifted east. Before, her home was forestland, and this was all city. Now, she came to in a prairie, and the forest is here. She would describe great big towers and steeples that she would see in the distance, but having no forest, she had no occasion to venture in closer

The discussion of dragons is one she is unfamiliar with. Though described in varying ways, she simply has no knowledge of such beasts - though is deeply concerned about the implications for her own forest, with something flying from the sky raining fire from above.

The morning on the second day eventually dawns, and you are aware that this is the day that Talula will find her home. The river is just in the distance.

Dungeon Master

Anyone who wants to can give me a WIS Notice roll, DC6.

Karadoon
bZsmmIb.png

Karadoon meandered slowly as they entered what might have been Glynnsburna proper. The builder in him desired to see how other people's had put their communities together. He looked for signs of fitted stone and worked wood, hoping to find something worth studying. Presently, a thought occurred to him as he stared a roughly squared stone which might once have been the corner to a building.

"Glynnsburna sounds like a grand place. In fact the ancestral homes of the previous inhabitants all sounded very grand. How were the Maliente able to overcome such an alliance? What made the other races desire to side with them?"

Weapon - Combat stats

Name
Notice 0 with WIS bonus
2d6+1 6,1

brother_koji.png.db3e3bb099e1b76d282b3e6b702cc501.pngBrother Koji 

Koji has remained quiet as he contemplates the information Talula gives, trying to reconcile it with his own faith and worldview.
He jots down notes in his notepad and tries to create a timeline in the evening.

As they walk by day he studies the landscape and surrounding fauna and flora taking more notes when and where he can.

Name
Notice (0,wis)
2d6+1 4,2

spacer.pngAs the company accompanied Talula towards the forest, Iphigenia sought to steal away moments when she could have her ear-not private moments necessarily, but simply times when she would not be interrupting others. Gven such a chance, she sought to inquire Talula about her own powers and abilities-for such things could come in handy in the future.

Not being a warrior herself, she did not claim the magic stone for her own. Others would be better served receiving such a gift.

Name
Notice
2d6 1,3

Dungeon Master

Within the forest, there are indeed new flora available for plucking - but Talula's presence makes it uncertain just how acceptable that is. Where she steps, things grow just a little more vibrantly, and she seems to be entirely in her element here. Her powers, such as she shares, seem to simply be to grow nature.

However, as you are walking through the forest another smell overlays the peat smell of forest: Smoke. Faint, but distinctly there.

Stavard pauses and thinks for a moment - what way is the wind blowing? Is the smoke the smell of woodsmoke or something fouler like the sweet stink of burning flesh?

Do you sense anything related to the fire or anything odd about the nature around us? he asks Talula with a whisper.

Dungeon Master

The smoke is carried in from an on-shore breeze from the south. It seems to be wood smoke.

Late Summer - Day 75, Early Morning - Glynnsburna Forest

spacer.png

"The forest whispers to me that there are bipeds about - many of them stepping without grace upon the smallest amongst us."

Stavard will try to find a tree to climb up to provide a good lookout if not to see the actual trespassers at least to get a sense of where the wood smoke is relative to their position.

I'll take a look from up above, but I'll warrant we'll want to skirt whoever it is - for now at least...

Name
Notice Roll - Scouting from Tree
2d6-1 3,1

Karadoon
bZsmmIb.png

Karadoon sniffed as the others mentioned smelling smoke. Perhaps Glynnsburna was about to burn again. He hoped it would not be so.

"Talula, it has been our experience that the Maliente believed they rid themselves of almost all opposition except the halflings. They are now aware of myself and my companions. You are probably forgotten by them. If these are allies of the Maliente you might do well to hide yourself if you can. If they are not looking for you, your forest will not likely be targeted and you may yet pass pleasant centuries in this place."

Weapon - Combat stats