Chapter 2 - Traveling Book Shop

Blaeringr

7th of Renewal, year 20

The adventurers settle down for the evening in the well furnished upper quarters of the Deep Blood stalagmite tower.

Khaine and Chalia work out the details of crafting a simple travois to carry the more interesting books they can find.

Secure behond walls and a locked door, and cozy on comfortable couches and bed, and Flick even having books to read as they doze off, they have an very pleasant night.

8th of Renewal, year 20

Feeling well rested, the adventurers drag their stash on travois down the conveniently flat sloped spiral, to the main entry hall and outside.

Screenshot_20240215_163910_Chrome.jpg.9d74c26a704c053ce755cd33c3a74e16.jpg"Where will you go now? Tsimrin asks. "Back to Aldpine? Straight to Carisport? To the Bronze Horn hold?"

weylin(1).png.ead0850cc434af17e5d18745ad77e3b0.png.7d9ffb320f00e27f99922587fb54c389.pngWeylin is still slightly ill, but seems to be impoving. He's been silent this whole time.

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 2

HP: 28/28 | AC: 19 (20 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +7 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5

conditions: none

Chelia had seen the more remote nomads among the Talariel, where roads are not common, use something they called a travois to get through the wild with their belongings, so she had explained this to Khaine and they had made something similar to carry all the books.

The following day Chelia will close the big door with the magnetic rock and take it with her. If others will want to come there, they would have to break down the door or negotiate with the party.

"I would say Aldpine or Carisport," she said, "Aldpine is closest and means less days in the wild, but the overall journey is longer. While direct to Carisport is shorter in distance, but means traveling more through the wild. Either way is fine with me."

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 2

HP: 34/34 | AC: 20 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Focus: 0/1 

Perception: +5 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +10 | Will: +7 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine had slept well, and he had enjoyed using his hands to craft the travois. It was no cart, but it certainly worked well. They could take turns hauling it back to civilization.

"I imagine it would be easier to stick to the roads, less likely to get caught by a river or ravine and having to carry this across. Tsimrin, what is your plan? I know you are able to take care of yourself, but you might enjoy travelling with us to the nearest town at least?"

When not pulling the travois, Khaine will use the Avoid Notice Exploration Activity

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)

spacer.png Flick

HP: 22/22
AC: 1618 with shield raised

Perception +4
Fort +6
Ref +6
Will +6

Flick is just happy that he can stretch his legs again - and when the weather is nice, he almost seems to bask in the sun, as lesser lizards are wont to do. He also takes every opportunity to study the goblins' books and to chat with Tsimirin in Goblin, just to get a better feel for the language.

"Let's go to Aldpine, then," he offers in response to the others. "I'm fine with a long trip, especially if it's safer than the alternative."

8th of Renewal, year 20

And so the adventurers set out that morning from the tower, westward this time, through the Finger Canyon hills, following the higher parts as they gradually slope down to the lightly wooded plains on the way back to Aldpine. Going is a bit slow getting out of the hills and canyons, but picks up once on the plains.

By noon, as they are approaching more heavily wooded area, the plains turn into low hills and shallow ravines, the weather turns, and they are walking in a steady rain.

Hopefully they'll reach Aldpine sometime tomorrow.

Please describe exploration activities, and roll if needed in Story Rolls

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

That evening, the adventurers chew on their rations around, while Tsimrin slowly roasts a small furry creature he caught while traveling.

The rain has lessened, but a light drizzle persists. Despite the weather, they've got a crackling fire going.

"So how did the six of you, all so different looking, end up working together? Did this Neil assemble your group?"

Weylin has kept up well enough, and his stomach seems to be fine, but he still isn't very talkative.

Kek has managed to collect some ingredients, enough to count as 4sp towards crafting a potion.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

spacer.png Flick

HP: 22/22
AC: 1618 with shield raised

Perception +4
Fort +6
Ref +6
Will +6

Although he expects a mostly peaceful trip, the ever-cautious Flick is always on lookout for any natural dangers, as well as keeping an eye out for any useful flora or fauna. He also takes some time to draw a map of the area, but then sighs and crumples it up, rather unsatisfied with the result.

At camp, the kobold sits close to Weylin and seems a bit concerned for him, but he can't tell if anything is really wrong. When Tsimirin asks about the group's origin, Flick perks up, also curious to hear the answer.

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)
Name
Survival
1d20+4 20
Cartography Lore
1d20+5 4
Hero Point reroll, if possible
1d20+5 3
Perception on Weylin
1d20+4 5

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 2

HP: 28/28 | AC: 19 (20 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +7 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +5

conditions: none

During the day Chelia will keep up her scouting, although with the rain it's not really all that much fun. At least if there's anything that wants to harm them, it will be cold and miserable like they are.

"They were posting exploration charters in Carisport," she says in the evening, "and if you wanted to join, you needed a group. Some of us knew others who knew others and that way we sort of gravitated towards each other."

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 2[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 24/24 [b]AC:[/b] 18 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/3 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 0/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 0/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 18 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 18 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 2
HP: 24/24
AC: 18
Spell Slots: 1/3 L1
Focus Points: 0/1
Halfling Luck: 0/1
Class DC: 18

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 5 Rex 6 Wil 7 Per 7
Speed: 25
AC: 18
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

"Indeed, indeed, tis by a little chance, a dash of fortune and a finger of opportunity. Still, if you keep an open mind and know the right ways to ask, you can make friends of all kinds very easily. I'm delighted to see how many different folks we got for this mission... but our diversity is our strength on this one. For expeditions outside of the charted spaces, having a breath of talents and experiences helps us at least identify and helpfully know how to begin dealing with most problems"

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 2

HP: 34/34 | AC: 20 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Focus: 0/1 

Perception: +5 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +10 | Will: +7 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine had done his best to keep the group out of sight by helping to pick paths that would not be seen from too far away, and by suggesting they move slow and steady where possible. Once the rain had started, it would be a better cover than most and it seemed his task was completed for him. Nature always was the best at these things. Watering a field of crops took all day, but not for the rain! He sat and chewed his ration and looked forward to some warm meat. He had been pulling the travois for a lot of the trip and was happy to have nothing weighing him down for a few hours!

"I spent a long time working and living in a mile or two of where I was born. Even so, we'd have new folk roll in for harvest season and planting. Most were similar, simple folk. But we got the occassional exciting visitor like an elf or gnome. Since I started my own travels, I have found all sorts of folk and in the main they are friendly if you are. My old master used to say travel broadens the mind. I reckon now he was right. It was luck and a willing to work together than forged our group. I hope we will be able to have many adventures together now."

When not pulling the travois, Khaine will use the Avoid Notice Exploration Activity

Screenshot_20240215_163910_Chrome.jpg.9d74c26a704c053ce755cd33c3a74e16.jpg"That's very spontaneous of you all," Tsimrin says. "You just set off on this adventure with people you haven't known all that long. And you just walked into that mad place with all the infested. What gave you the faith in each other to do that?"

To Flick

"Little ambassador, will you be returning to your tribe now that you've been liberated?"

To Chalia

"Did this end up being what you expected this job to be? Will you be pursuing more like this? With this crew?"

To Maybell

"You seem very positive. How did you decide you wanted to make friends with dangerous strangers?

To Khaine

"A farmer? The human farms I have seen produce a lot of food. Enough to make one very wealthy where I am from. What are you looking for out here? Wealth? Power? Are the humans going to expand out this way with more farms?"

To Kek

"I don't recognize your kind. Are there many of you on this world? Is your home here close to the human lands?

The campfire slightly warms the adventurers, as do the few blankets they brought along, but the wet cold gradually seeps into their bones making sleep both very desireable but somewhat elusive.

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 32/32 ~ AC: 19 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +6 ~ Ref: +8 ~ Will: +7 ~ Per: +7

Sheet link

Kek shrugs, while carefully plucking the leaves off a spring of some flowering herb. "I can speak for no others, but it is my duty to my clan to explore this new world. Since I have few skills that are not in some way martial, adventuring is a natural choice of profession. As for not knowing anyone ... I know very few people, Tsimrin. But I worked with Chalia previously, so being acquainted with even one out of four was more than I could have expected. "
The orc puts the leaves in a bottle and wraps the top with gauze so that they will dry out. "The Hakaja teach our children strategy from birth. An aspect of this is that one must often make choices in the absence of complete knowledge. I saw two warriors, a mage, and a skald who were in need of a competent healer. What more could I learn without seeing them fight?"
Kek looks at the hobgoblin, and though the orc is not prone to showing emotion, there is a hint of offended pride in his voice. "Joining them was the most reasonable decision given my goals and the information available to me. I do nothing on faith."

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 32/32 ~ AC: 19 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +6 ~ Ref: +8 ~ Will: +7 ~ Per: +7

Sheet link

Kek shakes his head. "In time, the Hakaja will choose to make contact with the people of this world, or not," he says. "How are your wounds healing?"