Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Main OOC Thread (OOC)

Anonymous said:

Because we need one. Every forum needs one. Simple as that.

Expand  

Anyway, yes. Here is our OOC thread. Discuss the game here, everything from character ideas, to player knowledge, to plot progression, to your great grandmother's borscht recipe here!

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

What is borscht? lol...j/k

I just want to thank you again for agreeing to run this AP for me! I pretty much have my mind set on creating a dwarven warpriest for this game.

Cool with me.

Let's talk houserules. I'm of the opinion that as little change to PF's base ruleset is a good thing, however I'm currently running 3 games, all with various optional rule / houserule additions, ranging from hero points, background skills all the way to something that gives a fair compromise to EitR without actually implementing EitR.

Where do you stand on that?

I can appreciate changing things as little as possible. I typically like to keep things pretty standard and simple myself, although I usually have expanded feat rules that I implement in the pathfinder games that I run (which I am not asking for here). I can't seem to recall ever having anyone actually use hero points during a game, but I still allow them. I do like and encourage the use of background skills. Regarding EitR, I'm quite neutral, I can take them or leave them. Whichever.

Perfect. I'll remain flexible on those until we settle on a group, as I feel it helpful to have that kind of discussion before the game itself gets in swing.

That said, we're officially off to the races! Recruiting is open!

So, I've got a concept I wanted to float past before I proceed forward.

Essential it's an Aasimar Ex-Paladin - A Vindictive Bastard Archetype to be more precise - but with a plan to guide him back on to being a full Paladin (Some mixture of the Iomedaean Archetypes for instance).

Guy lost the faith essential and fell in with a bad crowd, but the events of the AP may give him a chance to redeem himself and become the hero the Crusade needs.

Thoughts/Comments?

Sounds like a decent idea, I'm not opposed to it honestly. Redemption is a perfectly good plot arc for this kind of campaign, fits right in. I think the PG even has a section about that tbh.

Just so that I'm clear on what expectations there are, can you explain/elaborate on what you mean by 'roleplay heavy with a focus on creative writing'? It may be my overactive imagination or the like, but that sounds quite a lot to me like you want at least a paragraph of text per IC post or something. Again, just wanting to be sure.

1 minute ago, Faeryl_ said:

Just so that I'm clear on what expectations there are, can you explain/elaborate on what you mean by 'roleplay heavy with a focus on creative writing'? It may be my overactive imagination or the like, but that sounds quite a lot to me like you want at least a paragraph of text per IC post or something. Again, just wanting to be sure.

It would depend on what you're doing at the time. A paragraph or so would be standard yes. I'll link my other ongoing games as samples for you to see.

Rise of the Jade Regent

Deos Ferrum (In Machina)

Hell Comes For Us All (This one in specific features me as a PC on @athedia's side of the swap, as well as my own GMing on my side)

Thanks for the response. This doesn't sound like my thing then. I can't claim to be able to handle a full paragraph of text for even half of the things my characters do. Good luck to all the applicants and such!