Morgen Keep OOC

This thread is for all the usual OOC stuff. Feel free to jump in here and discuss whatever.

@darlis moonbeam, @paladinred, @Grudge and @rorytheromulan

ETA: I unfortunately cannot provide the official map for any fighting due to the map key and symbols cluttering it up too much for players. If desired, however, I can provide it for viewing.

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Faeryl_ said:

This thread is for all the usual OOC stuff. Feel free to jump in here and discuss whatever.

@darlis moonbeam, @paladinred, @Grudge and @rorytheromulan

ETA: I unfortunately cannot provide the official map for any fighting due to the map key and symbols cluttering it up too much for players. If desired, however, I can provide it for viewing.

Tsk, I make maps in a minute, a light minute that is 😁. Although true I have the benefit of the setting and story being mine so I can just kinda find the appropriate map.

Abominations like this:

Map

CkYt1g7.jpeg

My excuse is that is because I have only Paint after system formating and I stand by it (even if the maps before were even worse without notation on the grid 😅 )

@paladinred I love it. Would be possible if the map doesn't already grid of her own like this one for example to play with opacity or something and merge it with that grid or I'd need something more substantial than Paint for that? I like to have a pic behind the grid so players can play with the environment. Although the example I used I'd likely cut up in 3-4 encounters each with the part of the map. If they went exploring some manor or something like that, 2 guard encounters, a mini-boss, and a boss. One at the end of each wing and smaller rooms left for some goodies or traps if they feel like exploring. But again, the benefit of your own setting.

@Faeryl_ as the rory said, I'm fine with TotM as long as distances, covers and alike are clear.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

3 hours ago, darlis moonbeam said:

I use campaign cartographer 3+. Of course I pay for that.

I have a Dungeon Alchemist but since I formated computer it doesn't want to start. Maybe it's because the updated version automatically, I'll try to revert to the last build.

Depending on how much work I'd feel doing, It could be just resized but it would lose a lot of legibility. Our characters are represented by letters, so if our rogue wants to check under the fallen log or rubble they could just say so. But, unfortunately, this is about as large as it gets before it loses focus completely and it is still a bit small as characters go. Another way would be to just jot structures and important places on paladinred's map (square for the keep) maybe just a dot where the log is an arrow to point where the rubble is. But yeah it is not really made to be run as is PbP. The theater of the mind is sufficient. It will only mean more typing for you to describe all of your areas of interest.

Morgans Keep

MorgenKeep-Outside2.jpg..jpg.148a9c004f5c785ef651059a23b0ca2c.jpg

Most of the areas of interest are just "possible" locations for things from what I've been able to tell. This is/was a very bare bones adventure. There's not a lot of "for the players" text here, so I'm improvising that part. That said, I can tell you now that the 2A shown on your right is where most of the sounds are coming from. There's something over there (if the map didn't make that obvious).