Game System Addition Requests

Colin

It is far easier to get systems added under Baldr, thus here is a thread for requesting additions to the systems list.

In advance of it being asked, new additions at the moment will not be dropping into the alphabetical order. It messes with system values, per AdminCP:

System Addition Note

7212F3CD-F6D5-412E-9AB4-96B9D4B22302.jpeg.3a60d285e6a17f5f7512a5f081f9ea27.jpeg

Eventually we should hopefully be able to reorder the list, but it will require writing something to adjust the systems and the games references to those systems.

Can we have a "Various" or "Hub" - something that would reflect what a few of us are doing to make creative corners / hubs what not.

Also:

• Dawn of Worlds
  • Fate: Core
  • Fate: Accelerated (If we are going to split off savage worlds into subs then why not Fate)
  • Risus

7 minutes ago, SerakHawk said:

(If we are going to split off savage worlds into subs then why not Fate)

Because I don’t know enough about Fate, clearly! 😄 

Systems added, along with “Personal Creative Hub” for the non-game specific stuff.

10 minutes ago, TiffanyKorta said:

Stupid(ish) question but wouldn't it be easier to allow GM's to create there own custom system names? Or is there a worry that it would be abused?

There isn’t a way to do it is the issue. It’s a custom field setup for the games through the Admin CP. 

There's also the issue of data consistency. We could easily add a custom text field, but all it takes is someone deciding that they like D&D3.5e instead of D&D 3.5e to have two systems that are functionally identical but have to be searched separately. So, make Colin work 😄

When you get a hot minute or three, please add 'Lancer' and 'ICON' onto the list.  Not a high priority, since I'm not expecting to run either anytime soon, but it would be nice to have those for if/when that happens.

Now excuse me, I have a jar to add a dollar to...  LOL