OOC:

Fiery Gift

On 7/20/2023 at 5:42 PM, ccanary said:

I'm a little lost on what Lady V gave us. Two fifty for the initial job plus 50 retainer? So 300 each?

Did we sell the weapons and sundry items from the raid on her ship?

You haven’t sold any loot yet.

But how much were we paid for the job just now, counting the 50?

And I'm only just now realizing I forgot to assign languages for Iridni. Whoops.

Is it worth investing in greyhawk specific languages (Olman, Sueloise, etc), or are you going to handwave those, Boss?

On 7/21/2023 at 9:40 PM, Kylia Quilor said:

But how much were we paid for the job just now, counting the 50?

And I'm only just now realizing I forgot to assign languages for Iridni. Whoops.

Is it worth investing in greyhawk specific languages (Olman, Sueloise, etc), or are you going to handwave those, Boss?

Greyhawk specific languages won't be a total waste. I'm going to use them at points.

I finally was able to add the results of some of the knowledge & Perception checks that were made earlier to my last GM post.

I think I got all of them. They are answered in private tags, if you're still missing an answer on one of them, just give me a holler and we shall rectify the situation fairly promptly (I still need to figure how delete posts anyway!) or I mean, I will give you the results of your check.

17 hours ago, Kylia Quilor said:

Is there a check I can make to identify a potion by a smell?

There are only trace amounts of potion left. If you brought them to an alchemist, that person might be able to identify the remnants.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:23 AM, Fiery Gift said:

There are only trace amounts of potion left. If you brought them to an alchemist, that person might be able to identify the remnants.

Mkay. Do I need a roll to find an alchemist or would Iridni's membership in the magic guild give her a name?

Hey, I'm back! Let's play.

It makes sense to say Iridni's magic guild connections could give her the name of an alchemist who might help. I'll put one in the next post.

In preparing to create a "whaler bar", I did some digging around on the internet. My only real popular culture reference for whaling is "Moby Dick"

I eventually ended up finding some information about "10 evil whales" of Iceland whose names are taboo. I don't know how factual the article was in regards to their history/culture, but it was interesting. I went ahead and modified that and have incorporated some aspects of the modified version into the whaler culture of Sasserine.

Sea shanty singing will not be required, but if you want to do it at your own computer while you play, it could add to the atmosphere.

Edited by Fiery Gift (see edit history)