OOC:

Fiery Gift

4 hours ago, Wiz said:

Can’t remember the book name now, but in a fantasy novel - a character meets a dragon chained in a pit in a city. But it’s not there randomly. It’s a garbage pit. People throw their trash in, and to keep itself from drowning in garbage, the dragon has to burn the trash to ash to stay alive.

That sounds familiar. Was it one of those "teens playing DnD get transported to a magical land because their GM/teacher is secretly a powerful wizard" type books?

1 hour ago, ccanary said:

Regarding the game... did I miss the post describing the guardian Tann is pointing out? Or is it a private message kind of thing for those who rolled DC 23 perception (I had a 22, Tann had a 23)

No you didn’t miss the post. The cobra thingy has a +13 stealth modifier. I rolled a 10 so 23 was the line. Kylie Quilor also got a private tag since she hit a 31. Starhawk’s information is a little more magic aura based since Tann was using detect magic.

29 minutes ago, CharmingSatyr said:

That sounds familiar. Was it one of those "teens playing DnD get transported to a magical land because their GM/teacher is secretly a powerful wizard" type books?

As an aside, I‘be sometimes wondered what it would be like if characters I have played poorly sat me down for an intervention.

Look, Fiery you’re a nice guy but . . .

I think most of my characters would be totally chill. But I went through a phase for a few years where I played ... let's call them suboptimal characters. Like the gnome barbarian, or the sorcerer with an 11 charisma, or the wizard without a spellbook.

I would not want to be left alone in a room with those guys.

• 2 weeks later...