OOC:

Fiery Gift

13 hours ago, CharmingSatyr said:

You mean things aren't just going to be handed to us on silver platters?  What kind of BS game is this?!  I'm so disappointed!

And it won’t be for the last time. More disappointment is in the future.

Tann could have spotted a magical aura (this from a secret DM message), but it's unclear yet as to whether she has. So Tann is not in a position to warn anyone yet. Just letting everyone know that there may be danger in walking into the vault.

Sorry that took so long. One of our selectmen had a cardiac event which was scary. He’s in the hospital now. That might seem a little odd to mention, but I am trying make some reforms at our solid waste facility and I needed his vote. I had to do some major horse trading to replace his vote, and that process kind of took away my ability to post yesterday.

Solid waste disposal is one of those things that I took for granted, then once I got into small town government I was dragged into by necessity. It is much more complicated than it would appear to be on the surface. "I take this solid item and throw it away" seems easy, but that simple action has long legs and takes a lot of work to resolve. It is like the joke about putting the elephant in the refrigerator. "open the door, put in the elephant, close the door" seemingly simple, very complicated when you get into it.

Can’t remember the book name now, but in a fantasy novel - a character meets a dragon chained in a pit in a city. But it’s not there randomly. It’s a garbage pit. People throw their trash in, and to keep itself from drowning in garbage, the dragon has to burn the trash to ash to stay alive.

Regarding the game... did I miss the post describing the guardian Tann is pointing out? Or is it a private message kind of thing for those who rolled DC 23 perception (I had a 22, Tann had a 23)