Chapter 1 — The Horror of Awakening

iantruesilver

21 hours ago, ccanary said:
T'Sarra Khonnor 

T'Sarra staggered back from the blow, more offended than injured. She crouched down and looked at the guard, studying him. Was he flesh? Or was he iron? She had no idea, but it hurt little to assume and turn on the charm a bit.

" Sorry! Sorry I shouldn't have done that. It's just .. we're all kind of panicked in here, we have no idea where we are or why we're here. We'll go easy, cooperate just if you could maybe give us a little information. About where we are? Who is holding us and why?"

Her voice was softer now, cooperative as she was promising. Hoping to get something from the guard.

spacer.png

Val blinks and gives her best, confused young helpless girl impression.  "Please, we're really scared."

Name
Aid Another: Diplomacy
1d20-2 2

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngRain stays where she is at the back of the cage, hoping to lure the guard deeper into the cage. “But who is your mistress? We would like to know more, about you, about your goals.”

Name
Aid Diplomacy
1d20+2 15

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20)+4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None 

Vri wasn't sure what to make of this situation.  She was quite sure everybody here would want out, so she slowly stood up, making sure that she appeared as non-treatening as possible, and leaning against the wall.  Looking at the spider-like masks they were wearing, she decided to take a gamble.

"vel'bol natha sei'lor d'estrua nindolen draawhat a set of idiots these two", she said softly in Undercommon, but still audible to the guy who was basically standing next to her.

Edited by farothel (see edit history)

Domino Only

Combat — Round 1

Initiative Order

Domino: 19
Rats: 7

Domino's quick acrobatic flips led the poor rat in a dizzying circle, leaving it vulnerable to a quick skewering with the dagger she swiped from atop the table.  The rodent lets out a rather high-pitched screech as the blade plunges in, choked part way with a liquidy gurgle as it doubles over sideways.

Seemingly unphazed by the death of its kin, the other rat scampers over, literally jumping up and lunging itself at Domino with extended claws and open jaw.  The rodent finds purchase, digging its gnawing incisors into her left lower leg.

"I..."  The other woman looked and spoke in a confused manner, her head tilting slightly to one side as she took in the events occuring around her at the moment, "You hesitated.  In my dream, you did not kill.  Yet you do now without pause.  Why?"

(( Domino sustains 4 damage ))

[[ Map — Location Unknown ]]

Barhuce, Rain, T'Sarra, Val and Vri

"Yeah I'm sure you are." The guard inside the cell rolled his eyes at Val, heaving a long sigh as he moved a little deeper into the cell towards Rain's seemingly languid form in the corner.

Meanwhile, the other guard seems to be keeping to himself well enough, except that he's staring down Val rather lewdly from the other side of the gate.

"Look, I'm just doing what I'm told, alright?  Geez."  Grabbing her by the elbow, he answered at her insistance, "The Mistress tells us to go get the prisoner with the face veil, we get the prisoner with the face veil.  The Mistress tells me to go take a dump, I'mma go take a dump!  You think I wanna get myself turned inside out cause I think I'm a funny guy?"

"Look, I don't know no Elvish alright?" Dragging Rain along with him, the guard started to move back towards the gate, obviously ignorant to Vri's parlance and her use of Darklands vernacular, "So don't be speakin' none'a that in front 'a me unless ya wanna be next."

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Rat 2 Bite
15; 4
1d20+1;1d4 ; [4]
Body Part (1-Head, 2-Chest, 3-Abdomen, 4-Hips, 5-Left Arm, 6-Left Forearm, 7-Right Arm, 8-Right Forearm, 9-Left Thigh, 10-Left Calf, 11-Right Thigh, 12-Right Calf)
1d12 10

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.png“If it’s all the same to you, I am much more comfortable where I am.” Rain plucks a piece of cotton from the hem of (what remains of) her clothing, and begins casting a spell. At the same time, she makes eye contact with T’Sarra and flicks her eyes in the direction of the guard by the door.

OOC: Casting Daze on the nearest guard. Going by the map I can’t 5ft step away, so depending on whether the guard is Flat-Footed/armed, will cast defensively. Need a DC14 Will save, will also roll init if need be.

Name
Initiative
1d20+7 9
Casting Defensively (DC15)
1d20+5 18

spacer.png

Val looks at how the guard is looking at her, she is feeling somewhat strange at the thoughts going through her head.  Guys really don't seem to like me much, but this guy does?  Why?  Does he like women who are scared, or bad liars?  Whatever... maybe I can use this.

Seeing that the guard crossed the cell to drag Rain out and that she might be trying to cast a spell on him, and that he left his weapon outside; Val decides to take a chance and just walk out the cell door toward the guy who's giving her that expression.  She fumbles with her clothes, like she's embarassed about how little she is wearing, and out loud, she says, "Maybe you could take me to where the rest of my clothes are... or at least someplace safe, where I wouldn't be as scared?"

Name
Bluff
1d20-2 13
Initiative
1d20+3 11

Barhuce

spacer.png Huh, sounds like we ended up caught by some sort of cult. Wonderful.

Bahruce gets up and wanders toward the gate and leans against the wall next to it, subtly slipping a foot into the gate to keep it from closing as he does so. "Mistress eh? Sounds interesting. Can you tell us a bit about her? She looking for converts?"

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
know religion (untrained)
1d20+4 20
sleight of hand to sneakily hold the gate open
1d20+2 15
initiative
1d20+4 7

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20)+4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None 

Seeing Val and Barhuce going for the guard outside, Vri decided to help Rain.  When the guard passed her, she stuck out her leg and tried to trip the guard while he was busy with Rain.

"Sorry, I'm so clumsy," she said.

Surprise round

trip guard 4

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
trip (vs guard CMD)
1d20+4 7
initiative
1d20+3 16

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 14(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) 

T'Sarra looked up ready to pounce on the guard who had entered, but was suddenly gripped by her curse, staggered and unable to act right away.

(I'm interpreting this as surprise round? So T'Sarra can't act)

Name
initiative
1d20+3 9

Domino Only

Combat — Round 2

Initiative Order

Domino: 19
Rats: 7

Domino's dagger strikes true, stabbing the second rat in the side as its large teeth leave her artificial flesh.  The rodent shudders as it shuffles backwards, limping away from its previously docile food source before finally collapsing a short distance away.

(( End of Combat — Domino gains 90XP ))

"How do you tell what is real and what is not?"  The other woman continued to ask, her expression calm though she maintained her sense of curiousity.  Then she contemplated some of the information she was given, speaking her thoughts out loud as though they might as well be transparent, "Human..."

Barhuce, Rain, T'Sarra, Val and Vri

Combat — Surprise Round

Initiative Order

PCs: Average(R 16, Va 14, B 11, Vr 19, T 12) = 14.4
Guards: 8

Vri's early attempt at tripping Drabek did not succeed, and had potentially alerted him to the impending danger of an ambush.

"ካሃሗኪ"  The moment that the string of mumblings left Rain's lips, the panick set in into his brain that something just wasn't quite right.

Though Rain's spell failed to take hold on Drabek, before he could mutter anything to warn his companion, the group of prisoners had already begun to make their move.

Making her way out of the cell, Val distracted the other guard long enough for Barhuce to gain some control of the gate.  As he stands there with his foot jamming the gate though, Barhuce draws a bit of a blank as to placing who exactly these cultists might be.

Drawing a dagger from around his waist, Drabek takes a haphazard swipe at Rain, cutting her right forearm. "Don't make any funny moves!  Just come quietly or Imma have'ta..."

(( Rain takes 5 damage ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Guard 3 Sense Motive
1d20 7
Guard 4 Sense Motive
1d20 19
Guards Initiative
1d20+1 7
Guard 4 Will Save
1d20 15
Guard 4 Dagger
19; 5
1d20+3;1d4+2 ;
Target (R, Vr)
1d100 9
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
1d12 8

spacer.pngVal suddenly lunges forward, attempting to hug (grapple) the guard, "Please... just don't hurt me... take me away from here... I'll be nice to you, I promise!"

Name
Bluff to keep him off-balance and not AOOing her!
1d20-2 19
Grapple (and hopefully tie up the halberd in the hug)
1d20-2 11

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 14(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) 

While T'Sarra was momentarily staggered by her prophetic visions, she wasn't anymore. Seeing the guard draw blood on Rain, she knew this was a deadly game now, and responded accordingly. She stepped towards the guard, flanking with Rain and clawed at his back.

"Whatever you do, don't let them close that door!" she growled to the others.

Edited by ccanary (see edit history)
Name
claw 1 flanking, damage if hits
7; 5
1d20+6;1d4+4 ;
claw 2 flanking, damage if hits
19; 7
1d20+6;1d4+4 ;

Barhuce

spacer.png"I've got the door. Just deal with the guards so I don't have to block it with my corpse." Bahruce gives up on being subtle and basically tangles himself with the gate, aiming for a grip that will make it difficult to remove him and impossible to close the gate even if he dies.

OOC: I guess he's grappling the door? It would probably take him some effort to pull legs out of the bars, etc, so he won't be much help in the fight.

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Name
grapple the door
1d20+1 7
acrobatics to land in the doorway if needed
1d20+2 20