Chapter 1 — The Horror of Awakening

iantruesilver

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngRain hisses and clutches at her arm. She begins casting daze again, this time targeting the guard near Val, hoping one of her allies will be able to get a weapon.

OOC: Okay, conc is holding strong! Need a DC14 will save from the guard by Val. Hopefully someone can grab a weapon if he fails.

Edited by madMonk (see edit history)
Name
Casting Defensively
1d20+5 13

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20)+4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None 

Now all pretense was dropped, Vri did as well and tried to drop the guard with a knee in a very painful place.  If she managed to drop him together with the others, she would move to the other guard as quickly as possible.

round 1

standard action: unarmed attack on guard

if the guard is out, move towards the other guard.

Name
attack
1d20+4 3
damage (non-lethal)
1d4+2 4

Domino Only

After poking around a little bit, you notice that there are three distinct corridors away from your immediate chamber, plus the drain beneath the immediate vicinity where you had originally woken up.  Try as you might, the drain cover seems stuck and does not budge.

Looking down towards the corridors, the one on the right seems to end in a door only about fifteen feet or so down.  The one on the left looks equally discouraging, being unlit and showing some signs of collapse after about twenty or thirty feet beyond your current chamber.

The middle corridor shows the most promise, connecting to another chamber after about twenty feet or so, with some indication of light coming from that direction.  Not only that, there looks to be some shapes and flickering shadows coming from beyond, and now that you are paying attention, it seems you can make out the sounds of some muted and indescript chanting as well.

The other woman gets up and follows in your footsteps, quiet now as her mind is seemingly occupied with thoughts.  That said however, her naïveté feels rather familiar in a sense.  It seems like just yesterday when Domino herself was as clueless and careless about the world, this woman being content with simply doing whatever she was told without so much as any clothing covering her body...

[[ Map — Location Unknown ]]

Barhuce, Rain, T'Sarra, Val and Vri

Combat — Round 1

Initiative Order

PCs: Average(R 16, Va 14, B 11, Vr 19, T 12) = 14.4
Guards: 8

Vri's luck seems to be a little slow to catch up, as the knee failed to connect with any vital spot, only bouncing harmlessly off of Drabek's thigh, rattling what looks to be a rapier dangling from beside his hip.  Similarly, Rain's spell doesn't look like it has managed to take any effect on the other guard, as he seems keenly alert against everyone besides Val at the moment.

Val's attempt to grapple the guard outside the gate had faired little better, though the man clearly seems engrossed with some kind of inner infatuation with her, as he didn't at all resist her tossing herself at him.

"Stay behind me, pretty thing."  That said, his attention shifted quickly as he moved her physically behind himself, handling her bodily with a hand on her hip as he backs up on the stairs, before drawing a crossbow and turning to face the remainder of the prisoners.  Brushing across his body, Val's hip bumps against the hilt of what now looks to be a shortsword at this man's waist.  "I won't let'em touch you."

Being preoccupied with the two in front of him, Drabek didn't even see T'Sarra's claws from behind.  The first was a happenstance miss, but the second cut him deep in the back of his right thigh, sending him howling in pain and taking a wild swipe backwards in retaliation, though his aim was off by several inches at the very least.

If there was any way a caged monkey can wrangle against his confines, it seems Barhuce has learned some of those intricacies of shoving limbs through the gaps between the bars.  While realistically he isn't really preventing the door from closing with him clung to it per se, he's definitely half-in, half-out, hanging through the cage door by his all fours.  Conveniently, it seems the ranseur that Drabek had left unattended earlier is now right within arm's reach.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Guard 3 Will Save
1d20 17
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
1d12 11
Guard 4 Dagger
4; 3
1d20+3;1d4+2 ;

spacer.pngVal clumsily yanks the shortsword out of his belt.  "I'll watch your back!"

Move Action: Draw weapon

Free Action: Burning 1 Hero Point to emulate Weapon Finesse until the end of the battle.

Standard Action: Stab the guard in the back.

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)
Name
Finessing the Short Sword
14; 2
1d20+3;1d6-2 ;

Barhuce

spacer.png"Oh hey, a fancy stabby  stick. Groovy." Bahruce grabs the dropped ranseur and menaces Val’s new buddy, clumsily from a combination of not knowing how to use the thing and still being tangled in the door. “You’re a bit handsy there bub. You should at least buy her dinner. I mean really. Have some class.”

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Move: grab the ranseur

standard: attack (+1 from str, -4 non-proficiency, no flanking included)

Edited by Inash (see edit history)
Name
attack
1d20+1-4 10

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 14(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) 

T'Sarra didn't even slow down. She laid into the guard like a demon possessed. Which, to be fair, kind of ran in the family.

Name
Claw attack 1, flanking
18; 5
1d20+6; 1d4+4 ;
Claw attack 2, flanking
24; 6
1d20+6; 1d4+4 ;

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None 

When the guard dropped before her eyes, Vri quickly grabbed his rapier and then headed past Barhuce towards the other guard.  Now she had a weapon, it was a totally different ballgame.

round 2

move action: grab rapier from dead guard

move action: move to guard 3 (flank with Val)

Domino Only

Pathfinder%2BCRB%2BShiggarreb%2BHoly%2BSymbol%2Bcopy.jpgHaving thoroughly looked through the furniture in the library of sorts, there’s really not a whole lot there aside from a few books perhaps, one with a strange symbol worked into the leather bound cover.  Anything else might take more effort to improvise than it's worth, and inadvertently attract more attention than you might like.

As you sneak a peek from around a corner, it seems the way down the middle corridor might be the source from which all that indescript chanting is coming from, as there are several people gathered around in a circle of sorts, with what looks to be a pit perhaps at their centre.  Their shadows dance under the light of several torches positioned around the room.

"What about the door down here?"  The woman whispered over your shoulder, still very much bare-skinned.

Barhuce, Rain, T'Sarra, Val and Vri

Combat — Round 2

Initiative Order

PCs: Average(R 16, Va 14, B 11, Vr 19, T 12) = 14.4
Guards: 8

Seeing T'Sarra go on what might be considered a little bit of a rampage, Vri and Rain took the opportunity to reposition while Drabek was busy getting chunks torn out of his abdominal regions and biting dust at the bottom of the cell floor.

Val's quick thinking rendered the guard confused, and instead of pulling at the hilt of his sword, Val ended up grabbing the whole belt, sword and all, quite accidentally pantsing the guy.

Between Cage Monkey Barhuce with his fancy new stabby stick, and Vri rushing in with a rapier to provide assistance, Val managed to get in a good hit on the guard, stabbing him right in the kidney.  "What the‽  But I thought..."

And that confusion was probably what made his guard slip, for Rain felt her spell take hold, finally clouding the mind of her target.

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
H,C,A,P,LA,LF,RA,RF,LT,LC,RT,RC
1d12 3
Guard 3 Will Save
1d20 19
Guard 3 Will Save Reroll
1d20 2

spacer.pngVal leans in close to his face, looking surprised and whispers, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to stab you... look, I'm a healer and I have a kit in my backpack, I can fix this!  Where is my stuff?  I need to close this wound."

Huh?I don't know why it rolled a second bluff die, but as you can see, my first one was high, so the second is the mistake.

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)
Name
Bluff
1d20-2 19
Bluff
1d20-2 11

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None 

"I am," Vri said as she tried to run him through with her rapier.  Then she did a step to the side so the others could also get out.

Round 3

attack (with flanking)

5ft step to the side

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
attack
1d20+5 2
damage
1d6+1 4

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 14(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) 

T'Sarra thought about searching the fallen or helping rain with her wounds but with a guard still standing and in a position to shut the door, she didn't feel she had much choice. She rushed him hoping to stick her claws into his back.

"You should probably close this one up too, while you're at it!"

Edited by ccanary (see edit history)
Name
Charge flank attack
21; 6
1d20+8;1d4+4 ;

Barhuce

spacer.png“now see, I don’t actually care if you die, I just want out and to not be sacrificed to whatever kooky spider-god-demon cult you all are with. If you want to let us go, you don’t gotta die." Bahruce says as he clumsily pokes at the guard again.

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack7 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Move: grab the ranseur

standard: attack (+1 from str, -4 non-proficiency, no flanking included)

Name
Attack a flanking
1d20-1 17
Damage
2d4+1 3,3