Chapter 1 — The Horror of Awakening

iantruesilver

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngRain snatches a dagger off of the dead guard's body and tosses it at the one remaining guard. "Here, catch."

Move action pick up dagger, standard throw. I uh, I don't think 4 will make it, but I'll roll damage for fun

Edited by madMonk (see edit history)
Name
Thrown Dagger
1d20-3 7
Dagger Damage
1d4-2 4

Domino Only

Working back toward the door to the right of the central corridor, you're shockedd upon trying it that not only is it unlocked, it is also surprisingly quiet likely due to the fact that the hinges have perhaps been kept well oiled.

The door opens to a cozy loft-style living quarters, if furnished in a somewhat bizzare taste for decor, where blacks, crimson reds, and other foreboding dark colours seem to dominate the theme.  On the lower level, there seems to be an armoire and an altar of sorts, whereas a small flight of stairs leads up to what might serve as a working area and sleeping quarters.

A small, palm-sized effigy of some weird looking spiderlike monster adorns the altar table in front of you.  In the corner to one side of the armoire, you recognize a few familiar items tossed or shoved haphazardly into a pile.

(( Domino recovers her starting equipment ))

[[ Map — Location Unknown ]]

Barhuce, Rain, T'Sarra, Val and Vri

Combat — Round 3

Initiative Order

PCs: Average(R 16, Va 14, B 11, Vr 19, T 12) = 14.4
Guards: 8

There was a whole lot of kerfuffle what with Vri whipping her rapier around, and a dagger whipping past everyone and clattering harmlessly on the ground halfway down the hall, as Rain tossed the dead Drabek's weapon past several of her companions.

The remaining guard looked confusedly at Val for a moment, stammering for words as he helplessly watched the confusion around him, his voice a little slack and slow, a marked departure from his demeanor just a moment ago.  "Uh...  Derre's a ssorage area juzz 'round deh corner...  I c'n taze yoo derre..."

"Heyyyy... Ouffffuhn..." The guard's attention was pulled mid-thought from his unrequited rush as claws and the blade of a Ranseur came down upon him, whittling his lifeforce away as he is rendered now a bleeding mess at the top of the stone steps.

(( End of Combat — Barhuce, Rain, T'Sarra, Val and Vri each gains 90XP ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Guard 3 Sense Motive
1d20 7

spacer.pngVal nods, "He said the storage is just around the corner.  Gather what you can here.  If anyone can wield this short sword better, let me know.  We should move quick and quiet and try left first, and if that doesn't pan out, reverse and go to the right.  We need to get our stuff."

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngRain quickly rips off part of the nearest guard's shirt to bind her arm. "Whoever brought us here is going to become suspicious quickly when the guards don't return with me. We should hurry. I will take the crossbow if none of you are opposed. I have one healing spell left from yesterday, is anyone injured?"

image.jpeg.3f95306a23dfeb7a6f315970d6687d0e.jpeg

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Female NG Half-elf Swashbuckler, Level 1, Init 3, HP 11/11, Speed 30ft
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
silversheen, MC rapier +5 (1d6+1, 18-20/x2)
cold iron dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
shortbow (20)+4 (1d6, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Condition None 

"I've learned to fight with two weapons," Vri said, "but it's best that we make sure everybody has one before we double up.  We have what?  Two ranseurs, two daggers, the crossbow and a short sword and rapier.  Maybe I can use the rapier and a dagger if that's okay with you.  Any shields or armour we can use, or do we have to fight naked?"

Map Link so I can stop going back to the first post.

It always worries me when two dice rolls come out the same number, but I suppose I should be gratified that they had wildly different modifiers so the RNG is giving me different numbers.  Just the same results.  

Name
Search the Room Perception
1d20+6 3
Religion (Un-Trained)
1d20+2 7
Valuables to Steal?
1d20+2 18
Local KS of Spidery Thingie
1d20+6 2

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 14(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) 

T'Sarra quickly moved down into a crouch, opening up the man's robe and rifling through his possessions, searching him. Then she moved inside to get to the first one.

"I don't need a weapon, but some armor would be good. Not sure we can take the time to put it on though. Might be safer to grab it and go until we know we're safe."

She looked over at Rain, smiling.

"I think you might be more hurt than any of us. I have some magic too, come here I can patch you up, let you save yours in case I fall."

Name
CLW on rain if she wishes
1d8+1 2

Barhuce

spacer.pngBahruce eyes Val critically, taking in her stance and muscle tone. “I'm not trained in it any more than you are, but I think I'm a bit stronger. We should probably swap. This thing is balanced weird, but you can stay back farther." He offers the ranseur for a swap and then sets about swiping the guards' robes and face covering. "Might not hurt to have a bit of disguise for whoever is in front."

Statblock

Barhuce
M NG Human (Kellid) Alchemist (CryptBreaker), [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 4, [B]HP[/B] 9/9, [B]Speed[/B] 30
[B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 13, [B]CMD[/b] 13, [B]Fort[/B] 3, [B]Ref[/B] 4, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] +1, [B]Base Attack7 Bonus[/B] 0   
[B]1d8 v undead or constructs, DC 14 Alkahest Bomb (5/day) [/B] 3 (1d4+4, x2)
[B]  light Mace [/B] 1 (1d6+1, x2)
[B]  Dagger [/B] 1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
[B]  Lamellar Cuirass[/B] (+2 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 12, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
[B]Condition[/B] None 

Move: grab the ranseur

standard: attack (+1 from str, -4 non-proficiency, no flanking included)

spacer.pngVal nods, "I'm Val by the way, Val Blaine... you look familiar, didi you do business with my father?"  Without a second glance she trades away the short sword, which she can use for the Ranseur which she cannot.  Taking Bahruce's suggestion she nods excitedly and goes to the other guard, removing the robe (if it's not too torn or bloody) and wearing that and the mask.  She moves back to the entrance and up the stairs to peak out to the right and left.

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None 

"I can make myself look like a full blood human or elf if I have to," Vri said, "or a drow as well, but those guards didn't seem to react to undercommon, so I doubt that's important for now.  Oh, I'm Vrilundass, but just call me Vri.  And I've been in the town a couple of times and I've seen you in the inn of your father, Val."

With the rapier and a dagger, if someone gives one up for another weapon, she takes a moment to see who would take the second disguise.  She could, but then she would have to use the ranseur and while she can, she prefers the quickness of the rapier.

Rain-in-Summer

B8278D38-D56D-4D10-84D2-D1157F76821D.png.118b158dda0b886a8d97c1aa24ef7467.pngRain walks over to T’Sarra for healing. “Thank you.” She turns to Vri. “I do not believe we have met- or perhaps we have. I am known as Rain-in-Summer. And this is Jerry.” She gestures to her Jerboa. 

Domino Only

Sorting through the pile of things that contained your gear, you find a few other item that, while they look strangely familiar, don't actually belong to you.  In fact, a quick comparison reveals that they are probably sized just right for the other woman, who indeed looks desperately in need of some clothing.

The few matching items of clothing amount to a top with a strange black and yellow pattern, a skirt that looks as though it was meant to reveal more than it covered, a long black jacket, and a pair of thigh high platform-heeled boots.

Beyond that, there's a strange metal stick inside a holster which looks like it could potentially be used as a sap of sorts.

"Should I put those on then?"  The woman asks curiously, her eyes searching between the clothes you've got on and the other set that seem to be her size.  She takes pause for a moment, looking generally confused, but takes to immitating your actions of dressing yourself eventually.

As you heft the weapon you had found in the other room, you realize that it is of fine craftmanship and qualitymasterwork.  Your question of whether or not she is experienced with a weapon on the other hand, yields only uncertainty, "I am not sure.  However, judging by my dream, it seems I might be?"

While the room's decor and symbolism doesn't immediately look familiar or ring any bells, you're sure that whatever this place is isn't going to be very welcoming to their captives randomly pilfering their things.  A quick search through the armoire downstairs though, reveals several darts, a set of chainmail, a light steel shield, a scroll, several vials containing various liquids, as well as some coin and a white, slightly translucent gemstone.

Barhuce, Rain, T’Sarra, Val and Vri

Putting your heads together for a few moments, you manage to strip the guards and sort out some items from their bodies.  While the robes are now somewhat bloodied and torn in places, one might perhaps not immediately notice from afar, at least until they see the stains on the yellow lapel borders.  The masks on the other hand, have thankfully not been too badly mangled.

Each of them also seemed to have in their possession a dagger of masterwork quality and a ranseur.  Drabek had carried a rapier, whereas the other had a masterwork shortsword and a light crossbow with 10 bolts.

On top of that, you find on each of them a suit of chainmail, and a vial of liquid.  Collectively they carried 4gp of coinage.

(( Please let me know who takes what amongst the loot ))

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

T'Sarra Khonnor 

EmSbKrE.jpg?1HP 11/11  | AC 19(+1 vs robots)Fort (2) - Reflex (3) - Will (2) 

T'Sarra crouched over the body and started to remove the armor.

"Somebody give me a hand and like... two minutes. No point in leaving resources behind, and it won't take that long."

Unless everyone runs off, she'll take the few minutes to take and then don the chain mail. It's not really her style, too heavy too hard to move in, but for now the protection will be handy.

She put on the cloak and mask for good measure. They wanted a disguise, and maybe some of the cultists were tieflings, who knew?

Edited by ccanary (see edit history)

Statblock

Vrilundass 'Vri' Arund

Condition None 

"Sure," Vri said, helping T'Sarra with the chainmail.  She had tried it a couple of times, but she preferred lighter armour, to be able to dodge out of the way and make lightning attacks.  She did put on one of the cloaks and a mask to pretend to be a guard, even if she didn't carry any ranseur.

"I'll just pretend to lead you with the rapier instead of the ranseur," she said to Rain, "for closer 'control'.  Did they have some rope or anything or manacles?  It would seem strange just to lead a person like that."

she thought about it a moment.

"But then again, by joining a cult of some sort they have proven not to have a full quiver upstairs."