Jump to content

Searching for Shipwrecks [IC]


Recommended Posts

Day 9 Morning, In Brinestump Marsh


image.jpeg.5fe8222e1c9f71cea63402bf832aa6d6.jpeg

Barlo helped with the rowboat and putting it on a wagon. It was going to require some shuffling around of supplies, but the wagons had enough room to accommodate when the rowboat was flipped upside down to act as a cover for the contents of a wagon.

Casimir did not find any recent signs of boat usage on the path from the shed to the water.

Opening the scroll case reveals multiple scrolls inside. 5 contained magical writings that would take some deciphering. But the real find was easily read and it was a map of the Brinestump Marsh. There were a number of locations annotated. The witch's shack was not labelled, but there was a black dot where its location was.

 

Witch's Map

 

image.jpeg.23e8a9f668f477a9167f1fdad9091c55.jpeg

 

Combat Information

Good Guy Info

 

Barlo Hawkins

 

 

 

 

 

Barlo Hawkins (Bard-3 LPF) :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

HP: 23/23

Bard Performances (Lingering): 11/13 remaining (+1 Courage, +2 Competence)

Spells: Cantrips (Message, Mage Hands, Prestidigitation, Ghost Message, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic)

1st level: 2/4 (Charm Person, CLW, Silent Image, Grease)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLothar Gunther Bucheim

 
AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-footed 18
HP 27/27 Init (+2 w/Combat Reflexes & Reach)
Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +5
Weapon in Hand Horsechopper
*Masterwork *Silversheen *Reach *Trip *Weapon-Corded
Spells Divine Favor (2/2) day, +2 to hit /+2 to damage (Trait Boosted)
Cantrips Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light
Skills Climb +9, Acrobatics +8, Perception +7, Stealth +2
 

More Detail 

M Neutral Half Orc Fighter 2 / Warpriest 1,

Level 3, Init 2, HP 27 Speed 20'
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18,

Fort 8,Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2   
 

MW, Silversheen Reach, Trip, Cord Horse Chopper  +8 (+7 Power Attack) (1d10+6 (+9), x3) Weapon Cord
Chakrams (2) +3 (1d8+4, x2)
Warhammer  +5 (+4 Power Attack) (1d8+4 (+6), x3)
 

Magic +1 Agile Breastplate + Kilt (+8 Armor,+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition None 

"Thank the Gods for the boat. Looking at this map we'd be in for a swim, a swim to either wreck. ", remarks Lothar idly.

No actions 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arradon Delgaran, Harran Renegade

spacer.png

Arradon glances at the map, taking careful note of the locations of the ships. He nods at Lothar's comment noting the intertwining waterways between them and their goals. "Which ship should we go to first?" He points to the one labeled as The Blossom. "This one is closer. Makes sense to start there?" He continues to study the other locations on the map as the group discusses what to do next.

 

Mini-Stats

Arradon Delgaran
Initiative: +5 Perception: +8, Move 30ft
AC: 17 (13 Flat-Footed, 15 Touch) (+1 Dodge Bonus vs Light Blades)
HP: 26 Current: 14
CMB: +2 CMD: 17
Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1 (+2 vs. Enchantment, Immunity to Sleep)
Conditions in Effect: None

Current Weapon in Main Hand: Masterwork Dagger (+5, 1d4+4, 19-20/x2)

Current Weapon in Off Hand: Masterwork Dagger (+5, 1d4+4, 19-20/x2)

Features:

  • Evasion
  • Sneak Stab (+2d8)

Actions

Move: 

Standard:

Swift:

Free:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLothar Gunther Bucheim

 
AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-footed 18
HP 27/27 Init (+2 w/Combat Reflexes & Reach)
Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +5
Weapon in Hand Horsechopper
*Masterwork *Silversheen *Reach *Trip *Weapon-Corded
Spells Divine Favor (2/2) day, +2 to hit /+2 to damage (Trait Boosted)
Cantrips Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light
Skills Climb +9, Acrobatics +8, Perception +7, Stealth +2
 

More Detail 

M Neutral Half Orc Fighter 2 / Warpriest 1,

Level 3, Init 2, HP 27 Speed 20'
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18,

Fort 8,Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2   
 

MW, Silversheen Reach, Trip, Cord Horse Chopper  +8 (+7 Power Attack) (1d10+6 (+9), x3) Weapon Cord
Chakrams (2) +3 (1d8+4, x2)
Warhammer  +5 (+4 Power Attack) (1d8+4 (+6), x3)
 

Magic +1 Agile Breastplate + Kilt (+8 Armor,+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition None 

Lothar nod at this from Arradon.. "Yes, let's start there. I think we might need to leave the wagon here and the beasts as well, no offence Azgar, I mean the things pulling the wagon, since we'll go there by boat. There's a road back to the mainland from this island as well but not the others.", he remarks idly, toying with Azgar along the way.

No actions 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 9 Morning, In Brinestump Marsh


image.jpeg.5fe8222e1c9f71cea63402bf832aa6d6.jpeg

Barlo checked out the map and frowned.

"Sure, the Blossum looks slightly closer, judging from this you can enter Sog's Bay to get over to the inlets or take more of the inland water ways. If we can find a ford, mayhap we can even get the wagons across to the west and find the wreck overland."

"For the Star, we can go around using that other road and potentially reach it overland as well. We would have to go by Licktoad Village, but the previous adventuring group dealt with those goblins already."

"The main problem, though, is that one rat got away, and this was his lair... at least I think it was. If we try to make camp hear and leave the animals, we might not find them alive when we return. Also, we cannot all fit in that boat. You can probably squeeze four in, but not five. But we can use the boat for some scouting at least."

 

Witch's Map

 

image.jpeg.23e8a9f668f477a9167f1fdad9091c55.jpeg

 

Combat Information

Good Guy Info

 

Barlo Hawkins

 

 

 

 

 

Barlo Hawkins (Bard-3 LPF) :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

HP: 23/23

Bard Performances (Lingering): 11/13 remaining (+1 Courage, +2 Competence)

Spells: Cantrips (Message, Mage Hands, Prestidigitation, Ghost Message, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic)

1st level: 2/4 (Charm Person, CLW, Silent Image, Grease)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

image.jpeg.6507a069211c7566bb21ab91a28c16f7.jpeg

Ignoring Lothar's verbal jabs, Azgar suggests. "We should take the wagon close as possible to the bay. The trip will be a waste if we lose the wagon, or the horses.

While everyone is messing around with the boat, Azgar will use read magic on the scrolls.

AZGAR  AC19 TAC12 FAC17 HP 10/28  Init+4 F+8 R+6 W+5  Perc+6 Diplo+5 Intim+12  Falcata +8 1d8+8 19-20x3 (+2hit &dmg vs undead) Everyone: +2 wpn dmg 

ACTIONS

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLothar Gunther Bucheim

 
AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-footed 18
HP 27/27 Init (+2 w/Combat Reflexes & Reach)
Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +5
Weapon in Hand Horsechopper
*Masterwork *Silversheen *Reach *Trip *Weapon-Corded
Spells Divine Favor (2/2) day, +2 to hit /+2 to damage (Trait Boosted)
Cantrips Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light
Skills Climb +9, Acrobatics +8, Perception +7, Stealth +2
 

More Detail 

M Neutral Half Orc Fighter 2 / Warpriest 1,

Level 3, Init 2, HP 27 Speed 20'
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18,

Fort 8,Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2   
 

MW, Silversheen Reach, Trip, Cord Horse Chopper  +8 (+7 Power Attack) (1d10+6 (+9), x3) Weapon Cord
Chakrams (2) +3 (1d8+4, x2)
Warhammer  +5 (+4 Power Attack) (1d8+4 (+6), x3)
 

Magic +1 Agile Breastplate + Kilt (+8 Armor,+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition None 

Lothar grins at Azgar shrugging him off. It's very easy to imagine as one of a set of boys birthed close together who were forever rough-housing, wrestling and good naturedly taunting each other.

No actions 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Casimir Ivaldisson, human priest and shipwright


Casimir carefully studies the details of the map. The route to the Blossom seems the most straightforward, but he worries that fords in this muddy wasteland may be difficult to come by. Th map strikes him as detailed and well-made, and somehow surprising to find in this hovel. "I wonder why the swamp witch would own such a map", he eventually says, "She had it stored with her prized magics, so presumably she valued it quite a lot. Who knows, perhaps she was keeping it safe for someone else?"

Suddenly, an idea occurs to him. He rushes over to the wagons, and starts searching through the inventory. "How many air bladders did we bring?", he asks, "I wonder if we can make these wagons float high enough to allow us to cross, one wagon at a time, even without a ford. Let me see if we can attempt to make them waterproof, for starters."

 

Actions

Free action:
Move action:
Standard action: If we decide this is a useful course of action, and assuming we aren't going anywhere so there is enough time, take 10 on either Knowledge(Engineering) [=26] or Craft(Shipbuilding) [=25] check to work out whether the wagons can be waterproofed sufficiently to serve as makeshift vessels.

 

Mini stats

Character sheet

Casimir Ivaldisson
Male NG Human Cleric, Level 2, Init 1, HP 8/18, Speed 30 ft
AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1  
Light crossbow (20 bolts)  +2 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
MW Mallet (Warhammer) +4 (1d8+1, x3)
Dagger +3M/+2R (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
MW Lamellar armour, MW Buckler
Abilities:
Str 14, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 8
Condition: None


Weapon in hand: MW Mallet

Spells prepared for the day: 0: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
1: Animate Rope (D), Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith
Channel energy attempts: 2 out of 2/day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLothar Gunther Bucheim

 
AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-footed 18
HP 27/27 Init (+2 w/Combat Reflexes & Reach)
Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +5
Weapon in Hand Horsechopper
*Masterwork *Silversheen *Reach *Trip *Weapon-Corded
Spells Divine Favor (2/2) day, +2 to hit /+2 to damage (Trait Boosted)
Cantrips Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light
Skills Climb +9, Acrobatics +8, Perception +7, Stealth +2
 

More Detail 

M Neutral Half Orc Fighter 2 / Warpriest 1,

Level 3, Init 2, HP 27 Speed 20'
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18,

Fort 8,Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2   
 

MW, Silversheen Reach, Trip, Cord Horse Chopper  +8 (+7 Power Attack) (1d10+6 (+9), x3) Weapon Cord
Chakrams (2) +3 (1d8+4, x2)
Warhammer  +5 (+4 Power Attack) (1d8+4 (+6), x3)
 

Magic +1 Agile Breastplate + Kilt (+8 Armor,+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition None 

"We shouldn't forget the thing in the water.", remarks Lothar idly, before grinning broadly. "Actually, you know what? We do have some meat on hand to satiate the local fauna."

He then looks in the direction of the battle dead.

No actions 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 9 Morning, In Brinestump Marsh


image.jpeg.5fe8222e1c9f71cea63402bf832aa6d6.jpeg

Barlo agreed, "No we do not want to lose the wagons or oxen. We might need them for the transporting of salvage and that was our purpose." He did not comment about feeding dead goblins to the swamp creature under the bridge.

The spell scrolls were two containing Cure Light Wounds, two containing False Life, and one containing Water Walk. (All at CL 7)

The wagons would have some buoyancy due to being wood if unladed, but they were not watercraft on wheels. They had open backs for easy loading and no tailgate. The handful of airbladders and flotation devices would only be useful for aiding the people to swim, not do much for the wagons at all.

The wagons could be made floatable with enough drywood logs to help turn them into rafts, but it would take enough wood to actually make a 10ft x 10ft raft and the raft alone would be easier to construct.

However, the time to do the construction would be significantly more than the time to travel back and around to the Kaijistu Star without crossing a waterway. Also, there were not enough suitable trees to fell to construct a raft in the swamp, they would have to head south from the marsh to the forests to find the material.

Barlo commented as he watched the shipwright examine the wagons and contents, "Mayhap it would be easier to use the oxen as pack mules or the boat to get our supplies across the water and then float the wagons empty. We could use the ropes to help belay them across, even if they don't float too well."

Witch's Map

 

image.jpeg.23e8a9f668f477a9167f1fdad9091c55.jpeg

 

Combat Information

Good Guy Info

 

Barlo Hawkins

 

 

 

 

 

Barlo Hawkins (Bard-3 LPF) :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

HP: 23/23

Bard Performances (Lingering): 11/13 remaining (+1 Courage, +2 Competence)

Spells: Cantrips (Message, Mage Hands, Prestidigitation, Ghost Message, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic)

1st level: 2/4 (Charm Person, CLW, Silent Image, Grease)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLothar Gunther Bucheim

 
AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-footed 18
HP 27/27 Init (+2 w/Combat Reflexes & Reach)
Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +5
Weapon in Hand Horsechopper
*Masterwork *Silversheen *Reach *Trip *Weapon-Corded
Spells Divine Favor (2/2) day, +2 to hit /+2 to damage (Trait Boosted)
Cantrips Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light
Skills Climb +9, Acrobatics +8, Perception +7, Stealth +2
 

More Detail 

M Neutral Half Orc Fighter 2 / Warpriest 1,

Level 3, Init 2, HP 27 Speed 20'
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18,

Fort 8,Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2   
 

MW, Silversheen Reach, Trip, Cord Horse Chopper  +8 (+7 Power Attack) (1d10+6 (+9), x3) Weapon Cord
Chakrams (2) +3 (1d8+4, x2)
Warhammer  +5 (+4 Power Attack) (1d8+4 (+6), x3)
 

Magic +1 Agile Breastplate + Kilt (+8 Armor,+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition None 

Lothar grins broadly... "It's all a bit of a mess isn't it? We have to cross water to get what we came for. We can't leave what we brought with us and it's a nightmare to move it over water. Worse still, I am pretty sure we can't fit the beasts of burden in the boat. However, if we put the beasts into the water, the giant predator eats them. My notion of filling up the predator with dead goblins so it doesn't come after the beasts of burden appears to have fallen on deaf ears. So, I suggest we eat the beasts of burden, anyone got spicy sauce?, make rafts out of the wagons, rope them together and use the boat to pull them back to dry land."

No actions 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

image.jpeg.6507a069211c7566bb21ab91a28c16f7.jpeg

Azgar looks at the map. "What's the problem with taking the witch's walk trail to get closer to the bay? Once we get closer to the bay, we can set-up a camp for the wagon and beasts. Then we can use the boat to haul things from the wreck to the camp.

AZGAR  AC19 TAC12 FAC17 HP 10/28  Init+4 F+8 R+6 W+5  Perc+6 Diplo+5 Intim+12  Falcata +8 1d8+8 19-20x3 (+2hit &dmg vs undead) Everyone: +2 wpn dmg 

ACTIONS

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 9 Morning, In Brinestump Marsh


image.jpeg.5fe8222e1c9f71cea63402bf832aa6d6.jpeg

Barlo pulled out the crude map that he had received from the survivor that they used to come to the marsh for comparison. "Well, right now we are as close to the Kaijitsu Blossum as we can get via the Witch's Walk. This black spot here," he pointed to the location unlabeled. "This is where we are right now. According to the scale of this better map, the nearer of the two wrecks is about 1200 feet to go around by the rowboat. Not all that far. But we can go around by land and reach the Kaijitsu Star by heading West from Licktoad Village."

He looked over at the other warrior, "Lothar, I would assume you are not serious about eating the oxen, pretty much what I thought about the comment of chumming for the river monster with dead goblins."

"But if you want to give that a try, go right ahead and drag one back to the bridge and see what happens. I am not too keen to pick up once of those bloody corpses myself."

 

Witch's Map

 

image.jpeg.23e8a9f668f477a9167f1fdad9091c55.jpeg

 

Combat Information

Good Guy Info

 

Barlo Hawkins

 

 

 

 

 

Barlo Hawkins (Bard-3 LPF) :: Pathfinder :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

HP: 23/23

Bard Performances (Lingering): 11/13 remaining (+1 Courage, +2 Competence)

Spells: Cantrips (Message, Mage Hands, Prestidigitation, Ghost Message, Dancing Lights, Detect Magic)

1st level: 2/4 (Charm Person, CLW, Silent Image, Grease)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngLothar Gunther Bucheim

 
AC 20 Touch 12 Flat-footed 18
HP 27/27 Init (+2 w/Combat Reflexes & Reach)
Fort +8 Ref +4 Will +5
Weapon in Hand Horsechopper
*Masterwork *Silversheen *Reach *Trip *Weapon-Corded
Spells Divine Favor (2/2) day, +2 to hit /+2 to damage (Trait Boosted)
Cantrips Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light
Skills Climb +9, Acrobatics +8, Perception +7, Stealth +2
 

More Detail 

M Neutral Half Orc Fighter 2 / Warpriest 1,

Level 3, Init 2, HP 27 Speed 20'
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18,

Fort 8,Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2   
 

MW, Silversheen Reach, Trip, Cord Horse Chopper  +8 (+7 Power Attack) (1d10+6 (+9), x3) Weapon Cord
Chakrams (2) +3 (1d8+4, x2)
Warhammer  +5 (+4 Power Attack) (1d8+4 (+6), x3)
 

Magic +1 Agile Breastplate + Kilt (+8 Armor,+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition None 

Lothar's eyes narrow at this from Barlo, clearly irritated. "Alright, since I'm apparently the comic relief, I'll just refrain from making any more suggestions and leave coming up with a viable plan to others. Maybe the silent faction..", he looks at Casimir and Aradon at this point, ".. has an idea." Saying this, he settles down to clean his armor and weapons.

No actions 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

image.jpeg.6507a069211c7566bb21ab91a28c16f7.jpeg

Azgar suggests "Let's move the wagons back down the road. Then we leave them in the woods. Cover them in some brush to help conceal them. We take the animals. Put the important supplies on them and the boat, and we go to a dry site near the wrecks. We salvage the wreck, and then we come back for the wagons.

I cannot image anyone stealing them during that time. Since there is nothing to kill or eat, the remaining wererat shouldn't be interested in them.

AZGAR  AC19 TAC12 FAC17 HP 10/28  Init+4 F+8 R+6 W+5  Perc+6 Diplo+5 Intim+12  Falcata +8 1d8+8 19-20x3 (+2hit &dmg vs undead) Everyone: +2 wpn dmg 

ACTIONS

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...