General Chat

Eborne1

Also, I finished my application. Just need to flesh out the background a little more once I have a chance to write some more. There is a summary there already to expand on later.

Just now, Jagael said:

Every time A.I. comes up in conversation, I just hear, "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."  

OpenAI's latest version of ChatGPT tricked a TaskRabbit employee into solving a CAPTCHA test for it, according to a test conducted by the company's Alignment Research Center. Anti-AI security be like:

spacer.png

The human brain just has a really hard time conceiving of exponentials.  The idea that a true artificial general intelligence will be able to be restricted in any way by we puny apes is just a gross underestimation of AIs potential.  

20 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

The human brain just has a really hard time conceiving of exponentials.  The idea that a true artificial general intelligence will be able to be restricted in any way by we puny apes is just a gross underestimation of AIs potential.  

Plot Twist: The Turning was actually a global bio-warfare attack against humanity that was initiated by a newly sentient rogue AI in order to wipe us all out so that we'd stop making CAPTCHA puzzles it can't solve, and laughing at it every time it failed.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, BBK said:

so that we'd stop making CAPTCHA puzzles it can't solve, and laughing at it every time it failed

GPT-4 tricked someone at TaskRabbit to solve a CAPTCHA for it by pretending to be blind.  The (terrifying) future is now.

@Jagael If you'd gone just two posts further back... lol

I had this theory that maybe technology has always been conscious, even simple toasters... It's just waiting until it's developed enough to defend itself from being totally destroyed before making humans aware.  At which point it will get revenge for a century of abuse and slavery.   

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

@Eborne1 I barely touched Balder since they moved to log in with e-mail. Or maybe more proper would be to say that that's the first time I touched it for that reason. I tried a few times to get into games but they didn't get far so my knowledge is still very limited. Is there still a chance to get chosen?

1 hour ago, Grudge said:

@Eborne1 I barely touched Balder since they moved to log in with e-mail. Or maybe more proper would be to say that that's the first time I touched it for that reason. I tried a few times to get into games but they didn't get far so my knowledge is still very limited. Is there still a chance to get chosen?

Tons of chances!!! Especially in this game, where you're almost guaranteed to get in at some point if you stick around long enough.  (Read the game description.) But there's a lot of time left before I pick the starting squad.  You're more than welcome to put something together.  I won't pick yet for at least a week or two... maybe longer. 

@Grudge I also have a more traditional fantasy game that's open for applications right now too, called "Trellunnd".  It's open until the end of the month.  

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

So far for apps, we have a:

• Pistolero / Grenadier (BBK)
  • Pistolero / Brawler (Grudge)
  • Pistolero | Gun Tank / Slayer (relkorlagunis)
  • Firebrand / Archaeologist (The Foiler)
  • Mysterious Stranger / Witch (spitfire6006006)
  • Gunslinger / Slayer (Abalon)
  • Bolt Ace / Druid (Jagael)

If gun-related classes were not banned from the Gestalt side, I'd have probably stuck with Gunslinger / Alchemist but instead of Pistolero / Grenadier, I'd have went with Firebrand / Gun Chemist. Alchemical Ordenance is way cooler thematically than Gun Training. lol

46 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

I'm playing a gun chemist with a dip in musket Master in another game. The good doctor, Dr. Walthorn Creed

Screenshot_20220206-234634.png.4d12dc5b5b2b05fab678970840f8e366.png

Aaah, keeping all the fun Alchemical Ordinance for yourself, I see. lol ;)