General Chat

Eborne1

12 minutes ago, Eborne1 said:

I may be wrong, but I believe that is a teamwork feat and would require another to possess said feat for it to function.

Edit: Or not... It seems to be the one teamwork feat that has utility outside that scenario. Nm..

Teamwork sometimes teamwork just in theory it depends on the class, I believe Inquoisitors from some level can basically share their teamwork feat with willing player. Probably more classes have something like that.

Hey all, be good friends with Abelon people here like to shoot you a lot 😁. Here I'll start, hey Ab buddy remember how I once gave you that link you needed (God I hope it was you), you won't beiligve how much lonks I have and how much I don't wanna die 🚑 🏥 😇

19 hours ago, Eborne1 said:

New draft results are in... I've sent out invitations to two new players.

Please welcome @BBK and @Abalon to the game.

Once players have their sheets and characters fully in order, we'll figure out how to introduce them into the game ASAP and continue The Turning.

Happy to be here for as long as I can survive. :)

I'll get to work refreshing the character's concept & mechanics and work on polishing it if needed and be ready ASAP.

@BBK Without suggesting anything toward Mad Murdock's mechanics, just know that Sarah (our other new character) is also a bomber Alchemist. Alchemists are versatile enough that it won't matter if we have two, and more bombs won't be a problem in this game. I'm just helping to inform your decisions if it makes a difference to you.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:43 PM, Eborne1 said:

@BBK Without suggesting anything toward Mad Murdock's mechanics, just know that Sarah (our other new character) is also a bomber Alchemist. Alchemists are versatile enough that it won't matter if we have two, and more bombs won't be a problem in this game. I'm just helping to inform your decisions if it makes a difference to you.7

Yeah, I'll stick with Alchemist, mostly for the bonus to Craft (Alchemy). If/when we gain another level of alchemist, we can both diversify in terms of our Alchemist Discoveries. If she goes the damage route via something like Explosive Bomb, I can easily pivot and go the control route with something like Tanglefoot Bomb, etc. Plenty of options to choose from to point us in different directions to fill different niche roles. :)

Also, after refamiliarizing myself with Murdock, I'm satisfied with his setup. However, if the party lacks any particular role, please let me know and I can see if I can retool anything to compensate to cover that role.

Edited by BBK (see edit history)

@Abalon and @BBK..., Please be sure to use a post template that includes a character name and picture, as well as either some quick stats or a link to your character sheet. You can clone one of the other characters' templates or make your own. This is to make things prettier and to appease the OCD gods that rule over my life as well as for my convenience when I'm determining stats etc...

Thank you much.

Oh, okay! Good thing I managed to find a character pic I'm comfortable with and didn't spend what little time I had on my hands scouring the internet for something that's appropriate. Cuz that would really suck :)

Starting to think Loki hates me

1 hour ago, Abalon said:

Good thing I managed to find a character pic I'm comfortable

Feel free to change up your pic down the line (or as many times as you want)... should you come across something better, later on.

56 minutes ago, Grudge said:

@Eborne1 Did you roll Ini rolls already?

No. Not yet. You have one free round. The potential adversary is moving to investigate the sound. You can probably assume you're hunched down and mostly hidden by the tall grass.

@Eborne1 Can Dan Ready Action Deed Pistol Whip? It's quiet and he gets a free Combat maneuver to knock the target prone, Olivia could jump in and do Coup De Gras with swords while Dan target is prone and Jen maybe put the other target to sleep. Keeping the things quiet if all works out.

32 minutes ago, Grudge said:

@Eborne1 Can Dan Ready Action Deed Pistol Whip? It's quiet and he gets a free Combat maneuver to knock the target prone, Olivia could jump in and do Coup De Gras with swords while Dan target is prone and Jen maybe put the other target to sleep. Keeping the things quiet if all works out.

In short... No.... Sorry.

The "Prone" condition doesn't permit a Coup de Gras but, also, you can't technically ready an action until the surprise round.

Everyone has soft cover outside of melee range, which normally doesn't permit a stealth check, but in this situation, I'm allowing it, to emphasize the height of the grass.

You can lay and wait in ambush to try to get off a surprise melee attack, but it would require another opposed stealth/perception check as they draw nearer.

@Abalon Apologies for getting stuck with Murdock. He's a grumpy army vet, so his level of old-man style sarcasm is high and his tolerance for basic human empathy is...um...low. lol

@Eborne1 Is this okay?

spacer.pngWarren 'Mad' Murdock | AC 18| CMB +6 | CMD 21 | HP 39/39| Speed 30' | Init +6| Fort +6 | Ref +7 | Will +4 | Grit 2/2
Mw. Semi-Automatic Pistol  +8/+6 (
1d6+4, x2, 10/10, 30') | Mw. Longsword +8 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2) | Bombs +8 (1d6+3, 5/5, 20')
Current Ongoing Effects: None

Blah blah "blah blah"

Mechanics & OOC

Blah

Edited by BBK (see edit history)