Out of Character thread

Vladim

40 minutes ago, thesloth said:

Yeah, does that Awe score grant me a great success (exceed TN and roll a 6)?

It certainly does!

Sorry team, I'm trying to meet some looming deadlines and will be on a conference next week and will have to give a talk. I'd normally post to keep the story going, but it may be a few days. The good news is that I have a long long train ride on Monday, so I'll probably be able to do it from the Shinkansen (if I don't have to work my butt off).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming that the Beorning Thanes are aware of the people Beorn adopts into his tribe and that watching them the first few years is something the Thanes do to ensure they leave their old ways behind, especially any that come from particularly notorious areas. Not sure if that's in line with your ideas of the Thanes though.

6 hours ago, thesloth said:

I'm assuming that the Beorning Thanes are aware of the people Beorn adopts into his tribe and that watching them the first few years is something the Thanes do to ensure they leave their old ways behind, especially any that come from particularly notorious areas. Not sure if that's in line with your ideas of the Thanes though.

I think that makes good sense, especially given Dahr-Ol's ancestry.

On an unrelated note I may be incommunicado until early September. I have military training at a remote field site starting the 12th. We were advised to expect very poor connectivity, no guarantee of showers, and various other primitive living conditions.

If that is true, I trust all of you to auto-pilot Dahr-Ol, and give you all permission to do so. We have a good crew here, so I'm not worried about it.

Yup, no worries. I doubt it will be an issue though. I'll be travelling from the 15th till the 6th, and who knows how many more days will be needed to recover from the crazy transcontinental trip. Expect significant slowdown, and phone-only posts at best. I'll try to be around at Discord though, and share good art if I can find it.

Right, so if 'any dwarf in the company...' [ie: Barin :D] can help with the Goblins by making a roll, then I reckon a craft roll should do it [especially given that it's a favoured skill]

... however, given B's historically shitty luck with the Dice Gods [really, what on earth must he/I have done in a past life to deserve such poor luck?] ... do we have any bonus dice to apply, and would anyone have any objections to me using one here?

@Suzuki Stumpy post and roll look good, but I'm wondering where you are getting the '5s count as 6s because favored' rule. It's definitely been a while, but in my recollection favored just means that you get to add your favored attribute (instead of basic) when burning hope. But, I may be misremembering-just point me to the source and I'll have a look to confirm!

8 hours ago, Vladim said:

@Suzuki Stumpy post and roll look good, but I'm wondering where you are getting the '5s count as 6s because favored' rule. It's definitely been a while, but in my recollection favored just means that you get to add your favored attribute (instead of basic) when burning hope. But, I may be misremembering-just point me to the source and I'll have a look to confirm!

I’ll look it up later today. I just picked it up from the charsheet this time (otherwise I wouldn’t have remembered it)