Out of Character thread

Vladim

@thesloth added some private text for you. Let me know if you have trouble seeing it! If you can see it, let me know of your decision (ideally, with an IC post).

Also, friendly reminder: your current Hope is 7, and your current Shadow is 4. Once they become equal, Dahr-Ol becomes Miserable and risks a Bout of Madness. It will probably not come to that unless you manage to use lots of hope or aquire lots of Shadow, but thought to let you know!

1 hour ago, thesloth said:

Thanks for the warning. I have been known to engage in controversial decision making.

No worries. Even if it happens, it's not the end of the world-it just gives you a negative character trait.

@Malkavian Grin here's some private info based on your Lore check. Also, don't forget to mark your advancement points!

W00t! Knowledge and advancement points! I'll get a post up tomorrow responding to people. Right now my brain fog is only just starting to lighten up (I do better in night hours when the weather is calm).

I'm worried about why people are suddenly focused on Lachiel... It's almost as if something bad is about to happen to her... (>_>) *foreshadowing intensifies*

On 7/17/2023 at 6:17 AM, thesloth said:

@Vladim I just saw some guy posting interest in an exploration game that looked just like you. I didn't think you were into the WWN system or I would have hit you up earlier.

I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things about it. Especially from the Ironsworn community, which holds the system (especially its world-building tools) in high esteem. Maybe I have the time to see what all that's about finally.

If you use Reddit, the game author is on there and very active in the sub-reddits for his game. You can see him as U/CardinalXimenes I believe. I didn't realize the Ironsworn people were big fans of the Mr Crawford. Maybe I will poke my nose in the next Ironsworn game you post.

I've been playing in SWN and WWN settings, and I really enjoy them.

3 hours ago, thesloth said:

If you use Reddit, the game author is on there and very active in the sub-reddits for his game. You can see him as U/CardinalXimenes I believe. I didn't realize the Ironsworn people were big fans of the Mr Crawford. Maybe I will poke my nose in the next Ironsworn game you post.

I've been playing in SWN and WWN settings, and I really enjoy them.

I think it's mostly the world-building tools. Ironsworn is definitely not OSR, but it's quite grounded.

I've also been playing a bit of Forbidden Lands recently, which *is* actually OSR (and also published by Free League, which now publishes The One Ring). Really good game of grounded fantasy with a huge emphasis on hexcrawls.

2 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Sorry all. I meant to post for Lachiel. I forgot and then got absolutely nuked from space with bad relationship stuff. Yay! Posting will happen tomorrow.

No worries. Sorry to hear that. I was going to post today, but I can easily wait for tomorrow.