Out of Character thread

Vladim

15 minutes ago, Modest_Proposal said:

Song roll made - even with three pips, only an 11. Perhaps from ill timing.

Thanks! I'll update the stats (and see if I can weave it into the narrative-but if not, I'll just have it stay in the background).

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, thesloth said:

Dahr Ol is going to remain silent until we get past this guard or it becomes clear he isn't letting us in. From what Darhr Ol knows of Dwarven culture, they are easily offended if outsiders seem to be making demands.

Yup, that makes sense!

I think Modest Proposal wanted to post, so I'll wait to see what Cecil does before pushing forward.

13 minutes ago, Modest_Proposal said:

I don't know if a courtesy roll was called for here (I don't want to just throw it around every time Cecil interacts with somebody, as that seems pretty cheesy). Feel free to ignore my roll if so.

It's fine by me! The game kind of encourages rolling proactively (for getting those advancement points), so I'm good with players rolling without asking/being given permission.

@BlueTrillium forgot to say, but totally ok with the failure track upgrade.

5 hours ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

Ooohh ... good point, I forgot about that ... although you'll need to remind me how the mechanic for blessings works - I've tried to find it in my source books, but it's somewhat unclear how it works.

It's in the Rivendell book. You just add your Wisdom to the roll (or twice your Wisdom for Greater Blessings).