Application (Questions & Answers)

bwatford

3 minutes ago, Rhallan said:

If a summoning spell is used, for example Conjure Animals how is it determined what creatures show up?

The DM determines that randomly by what sort of creatures are in the area.

However the caster picks the CR

@bwatford You posted a preferred submission template. Will we be giving ourselves negative points if we deviate slightly from it? I'd like to merge my own prefered application method with yours (mostly in the application section)...

2 hours ago, Glyph said:

@bwatford You posted a preferred submission template. Will we be giving ourselves negative points if we deviate slightly from it? I'd like to merge my own prefered application method with yours (mostly in the application section)...

Not at all. It is simply there for convenience. You don't have to use it.

41 minutes ago, Aavarius said:

I should have asked this with my last post.

Question: Do we need to keep an exact tally of our encumbrance? Some DMs are more particular about that being accurate than others.

You should keep a running total. We use the simple encumbrance rules so 15 x STR score in pounds is your max carry.

@bwatford Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but... Given that each PC starts with a moon-touched blade and two potions of healing, is it safe to assume these items are part of the gear provided by the Academy? If so, are there additional details you can provide about when they are received? [I'm currently sketching out the portion of my PC's backstory that pertains to the year at Vance's Academy.]

4 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@bwatford Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but... Given that each PC starts with a moon-touched blade and two potions of healing, is it safe to assume these items are part of the gear provided by the Academy? If so, are there additional details you can provide about when they are received? [I'm currently sketching out the portion of my PC's backstory that pertains to the year at Vance's Academy.]

The potions were received after the first semester exam. The moon touched weapons were given to you before your final exam, prior to graduating.

@bwatford When you write that "The school is primarily attended by young adults," are you referring to the age targeted by authors of YA Novels (12-18, like Hogwarts), or do you perhaps refer to some real world standard of "adulthood" such as 18+, or do you perhaps mean something else? [I'm considering making my PC a teenager of 16 or 17, and wondering how unusual that would be at the Academy.]

5 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@bwatford When you write that "The school is primarily attended by young adults," are you referring to the age targeted by authors of YA Novels (12-18, like Hogwarts), or do you perhaps refer to some real world standard of "adulthood" such as 18+, or do you perhaps mean something else? [I'm considering making my PC a teenager of 16 or 17, and wondering how unusual that would be at the Academy.]

16 or 17 would not be unheard of. Even some child prodigies attend as well as a few older adults.