Get your blue milk here (OOC)

Malkavian Grin

3 hours ago, 8w_gremlin said:

Question, can you allow yourself to be shot or whatever it would be for Will, and Fort, (poisons)?
How is this achieved, are you considered to have a stat of 0, as I can't see anything in the rules, so I thought I'd ask.

The way I run a game is this: Players can try to do anything they want, within reason of their physical ability. No lifting the sun or whatever, etc. If that means that in the middle of combat you decide to let yourself take a hit, then your defensive stat (AC/Reflex/etc) is irrelevant; it's just based on the enemy's aiming skill then (usually hitting something very low or just not critically failing is enough).

In the case of Nina choosing to fail persuasion in favor of deception (I think it was), you can posit that perhaps she made a mental judgement about something and realized she's just way better at picking up the pieces than forming a solid story in the first place. Like she's better at recovering than making the initial shot; maybe she's an adrenaline junkie that just likes to "make the job harder than it needed to be" for funsies.

Okay folks, the RP is slowing a bit so I am going to get us going into the start of the next module this weekend. Feel free to continue RPing here for awhile if you like :) I'll take a look at shopping lists then as well.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:54 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

1. @Wizard of the Coat You can make that information roll now; just assume it's asked an learned in that time while he finishes his meal (I'll tell you what you learn OOCly, probably)

Gather Information Check.

Nina doubts the ex-admiral knows relevant secret information regarding the information she seeks. And given this is her first effort at working him for info, she's not going to press to hard. Rather than attempt the "Learn Secret Information" application of Gather Information, she's going for "Learn News and Rumors." Specifically, she will explain that her father was imprisoned years ago--on trumped up charges, in an Imperial Customs Frigate boarding incident where her unarmed mother was shot down for talking too much--and she's hoping to track him down and free him if possible. She'll also reveal the sector and date in which the incident occurred, in case that's helpful. She's hoping this is a cause the ex-admiral can get behind.

So, to be clear, she doesn't expect an admiral to have detailed secret information. She's just looking for news and rumors about the kinds of facilities to which the empire sends people when they want them to disappear without a fuss, eg. "The Tulpi Sector? Oh, I once heard a rumor about a black sight prison ship that serves the Tulpi and Hadren Sectors."

@Phntm888 Note that Shade will hear all these details at the dinner table.

EDIT: The DC for News and Rumors is 20, so that's a success!

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)
Name
Gather Information (Learn News & Rumors)
1d20+8 14

@Malkavian Grin I just read Tetra's initial reaction to the mission pitch. Before I write Nina's IC response to Tetra, I wanted to ask about Nina's level of expertise regarding Hutt stuff. I gave her the Nar Shadda Origin rather than a Destiny, so she was basically raised on a Hutt world (moon) near the center of Hutt civilization/space--from age 8 to 19. And yet, I didn't give Nina any kind of Knowledge (Galactic Lore) or Knowledge (Hutt Space) skill. So, when it comes time to "know relevant stuff" about Hutt society--which I assume would include the criminal nature of that society--how would that work? Would there be stuff she "just knows" because of her Origin--in the same way that a Hutt would know stuff about Hutt society? Alternatively, if it's to be decided by the dice, would she have any mechanical advantage on relevant knowledge checks?

3 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I gave her the Nar Shadda Origin

So, when it comes time to "know relevant stuff" about Hutt society--which I assume would include the criminal nature of that society--how would that work? Would there be stuff she "just knows" because of her Origin--in the same way that a Hutt would know stuff about Hutt society? Alternatively, if it's to be decided by the dice, would she have any mechanical advantage on relevant knowledge checks?

Let's treat this as you automatically knowing the DC 10 stuff. To see if you know any specifics, roll 1d20 + your Int mod DC15. If you make that, I'll give you one piece of extra info. Whaddya think?

21 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Let's treat this as you automatically knowing the DC 10 stuff. To see if you know any specifics, roll 1d20 + your Int mod DC15. If you make that, I'll give you one piece of extra info. Whaddya think?

That sounds spot on to me.

You may all roll those checks here in the OOC and I'll try to respond to them quickly if you wish to incorporate the potential learned details into your posts. Or you can just roll it with your next post. However you want to do it is fine :)

Edit: You may also apparently roll Knowledge (Social Sciences) as long as you get at least 10 on the Galaxy roll.