Year 2950: Words of the Wise

Vladim

Bróin, comfortable and secure behind a large oak tree, eyes the monstrous creature standing before him and his compatriots with dread. He'd heard the stories of course, and seen a few specimens stuffed and on display in a Laketown merchant's home... but to actually see a Spider of Mirkwood in all its dark, terrible glory is an altogether different experience. A pawl of terrible revulsion enveloped him as he returned the spider's gaze.

"How in Mahal's name can I even begin to fight such a beast? Oh dear, if it eats me..."

A rush of wind overhead shook the Dwarf from his fearful reverie. Looking up revealed its source and brought a brief moment of relief to the Dwarf; Vara had eluded her pursuers and returned! Climbing into the air the Raven manoeuvred into a divebomb aimed at the spider, talons readied and a war-caw on her beak.

Vara's odds against such a beast are not good, but then they don't need to be. All she needs to do is distract or disorient the spider long enough for a opening to become available. When it does, Bróin has no doubt Tarric and Idunn will make quick work of their foe.

OOC

Gonna roll to Secure an Advantage against the Spider using Vara to roll Shadow.
Action Dice (9) = 9 Challenge Dice (12) = 6,6

Alrighty, so with a Strong Hit I'll make another Move with +1, and I get +1 Momentum thanks to Raven Asset. Let's roll... Enter the Fray. Assuming this is a Dangerous Foe, so the Spider ticks off 2 Progress per Harm and inflicts 2 Harm with its attacks? Using Shadow and Raven again.

Action Dice (11) = 11 Challenge Dice (9) = 1,8
Another Strong Hit. We've got Initiative and Raven brings the total Momentum gained to +3.
For the previous Match... let's say Vara's attack Provokes a Reckless Response on the part of the Spider. It lashes out, giving Tarric and Idunn a solid opening.

She quickly got up to her feet and readied her bow. She was covered in mud, and her body was aching from the fall, but that was not the worst of it.

She had expected that she could unleash a volley against the fleeing spiderlings, something that might not cause a great deal of damage, but at least would not be dangerous to her. But now a terrifying spider stood before them, and it seemed that neither the destruction of its nest nor the fall had proven to it discouraging enough to reduce its appetite for a fight.

In that moment, Idunn brought to mind Bróin's words, and thought that it must have been the Weaver, that terrible spider-queen that could spin sorcery into her webs. It was not so, but the huntress did not yet know it, and so she was fearful and cautious, and sought to study their foe before attacking it. Vara held its attention, but that advantage would not last indefinitely.

She should not throw it away. Quickly, and almost without thought, she drew an arrow from her quiver, placed it against her bowstring and pulled it back with all her strength. Then, with barely a moment to aim, she let it loose, and hoped that it would fly true.

It did. The arrow buried itself deep in the spider's abdomen, and for that deed the huntress instantly earned the creature's attention. Something entirely unwanted, and so she ran as quickly as she had shot, seeking cover and protection behind the boughs whilst preparing her next arrow...

OOC

Let's make a progress track:

Spider-king (or queen?); Formidable foe
Progress: ■■■□□□□□□□

For the various complications and Pay the Price possibilities for this fight, and for narrative framing/descriptions, there's a bunch of things we can do:
1. As discussed in Discord, we can have a summoning mechanic of sorts, necessitating the PCs to fight of smaller spiders to get to this 'boss' with Face Danger moves.
2. The One Ring RPG lists some spider abilities we could use like Great Leap and Seize Victim for the little ones, and Strike Fear, Seize Victim and Dreadful spells for the big ones, along with ensnare (wrapping victims in webs) and sting attacks (with the possibility of poison too). Here's some descriptions:
Great Leap: As it sounds.
Seize Victim: TOR says: 'If the creature’s main form of attack has hit, the creature may hold on to the target to reduce the mobility of the victim.'
Dreadful spells: Holding spell, basically paralysis for a while, maybe Endure Stress too in Ironsworn?
Strike Fear: As it sounds, could also be Endure stress.
3. Anything that would make sense for a big enemy, like knocking PCs down or throwing them around etc.

Feel free to add/embellish.

As for the flow of combat and narration, I'm good to let it develop organically. Maybe each of us can keep making moves until a particularly dramatic or cool scene, like a Strong Hit or a Pay the Price. This way we can shift the spotlight around and make it dynamic.

As for Idunn, she's facing off against the foe, so Enter the Fray +heart. Because of Vara's attack, let's say she doesn't have to fight off any spiderlings given the opening.

Enter the Fray:
Dice Roll: 1d6+1t 2d10
d6 Results: 2 (Total = 3)
d10 Results: 6, 3 (Total = 9)
Sum Total: 12

Edit: That's a miss, but I'll burn her +7 momentum to make it a Strong Hit instead, and reset momentum to +4 (+2 basic, +2 from the move). Then, I'll try to shoot some arrows (Strike +edge):

Strike:
Dice Roll: 1d6+2t 2d10
d6 Results: 5 (Total = 7)
d10 Results: 6, 1 (Total = 7)
Sum Total: 14

Edit: Strong hit. Inflict your harm + 1, so 3 harm. Keep initiative. I'll edit my IC post and the progress tracker and then pass on to one of you!

Tarric shook his head to try and clear the last remnants of the web's odd effect on him. His companions were already making successful strikes against the monstrous spider and he could not let them down. With what remained of the moldy trunk he had climbed as support, he levered himself to his feet. The borrowed bow was unslung and an arrow nocked. He drew...

And the release of the bowstring was drowned out in a rustling thump that heralded one of the smaller spiders falling from above and landing right next to him! The loosed arrow flew wildly and harmlessly, up and over the arachnids' massive leader, but Tarric had no time to note it. He ducked under a nasty swipe from his new neighbor and rolled to the side to get out of the way. His bow was left lying on the mucky ground, but he was not a bowman anyway. He crouched, focused on his new foe.

OOC

Time for Tarric's Enter the Fray, + heart, +1 from spider talisman...

Action (6) vs Challenge (8,2) -- (Weak Hit) So he will Prepare to Act (take initiative).

He'll use that initiative to Strike with his borrowed bow: +edge, +1 from spider talisman.

Action (4) vs Challenge (4,5) -- (Miss) So no harm, and the spider(s) have initiative against Tarric. Pay the Price... incoming small spider after Tarric! +1 tick on Tarric's Failure track.

Fortunately neither of those action rolls was a 1, so the spider talisman is still active.

Next round, most likely a Clash against the little spider with his knife. Or bear form, if he gets angry enough. ^_^

Emboldened by her success against the spider, Vara dives in for another attack on the creature's face as Bróin watches on. It was hard to gauge whether fate was yet in their favour or not, but at least for the moment the Dwarf had a surge of confidence in their odds against this pernicious horror.

Vara's wings batter the spider's face, her claws raking and scraping at its myriad eyes with furious intent.

OOC

Rolling to Strike against the spider with Vara.
Action Dice (4) = 4 

Challenge Dice (15) = 7,8
I'm gonna Burn Momentum to make that Miss a Weak Hit. That'll be 2 Harm on the Spider but Bróin loses Initiative.

In her haste to place as much distance as she could between herself and the spider-queen, Idunn had turned her back to the creature. She could not see what her companions were doing, but she heard a loud thump! coming from near where she had last seen Tarric, and the flapping of furious wings. They could be none other's but Vara's.

But it was not fear or cowardice that had caused her to flee thusly. As soon as she had repositioned herself defensively by a broad bough, she turned quickly, letting loose another arrow. She knew that peppering the spiders with arrows would not likely slay the beast, but perhaps it could weaken it sufficiently to make it flee, and never return here. That was the hope.

She did not need much time. She had a clear shot, and her target was large, and not at all far away. It was not a difficult task. But as another of her arrows struck true, the spiderlings around her took notice, and begun to quickly close in about her...

OOC

One more strike from Bróin, so two more harm:
(Edit: And another 2 from Idunn, so 7/10)

Spider-king (or queen?); Formidable foe
Progress: ■■■■■■■□□□

I'm not great at writing combat scenes, so let's keep it short and sweet. She still has initiative, so I'll attempt again a Strike +edge. This time, I remember Tarric's talisman that gives a +1 against spiders, so let's do that too.

Strike:
Dice Roll: 1d6+3t 2d10
d6 Results: 3 (Total = 6)
d10 Results: 1, 7 (Total = 8)
Sum Total: 14

Edit: Inflict harm and lose initiative. Added two more boxes. Let's say that the other spiders near Idunn rally a bit, which could explain the loss of initiative. She can still take another shot, but it will be a Clash, not a Strike, and if she fails then maybe she'll have to Endure Harm or suffer another negative concequence. We'll see.

Anyway, feel free to go next. Good luck!

The small spider clicked tauntingly at Tarric and he growled. This vermin thought it got the drop on him, did it? He'd teach it fear instead! The growl morphed into a roar as the Beorning took on his bear form between one moment and the next, and barreled into the creature. His companions needed him! It was in his way!

Massive paws swiped repeatedly as the spider fended him off far longer than it had any right to. They rolled in the muck for long moments, limbs flying, mandibles and teeth flashing, before at last the bear's full muscle crunched the carapace of and around the spider's head into a nasty pile of goo.

He didn't have time to hesitate or celebrate. The moment his foe fell, Tarric turned and bounded for the massive spider with yet another loud roar. His target, the cluster of eyes, some tattered from Vara's efforts, fixed upon him with a malicious glow.

The monster was enraged, and the Beorning's delay in joining the fray had done him no favors and lost him any and all element of surprise. A gigantic leg lined with needle-like, stiff hairs lifted contemptuously into his berserk path and swatted the bear aside with extreme force into yet another nearby tree trunk. The ursine roar lifted into a scream upon impact and he shuddered on the ground where he landed, trying weakly to regain his feet and rejoin the fight.

OOC

Updated progress to 7/10 per Idunn's post. Now Tarric...

First, Face Danger to overcome the small spider. He's just going for swatting this small fry out of the way so he can finally help his friends, so +iron I think, and +1 from spider talisman.

Action (5) vs Challenge (7,5) - (Miss) And there's nothing his momentum can do. Dang these last couple rounds are not being friendly to Tarric! 1 more tick for his failure track, but at least he still hasn't rolled a 1 on the talisman (just a looooot of 2s....). So, Pay the Price. Tarric is getting frustrated! It takes him a bit (-2 momentum) but he finally overcomes the little spider...

...And recklessly throws himself at the big one! Clash +iron, +1 from spider talisman, and he's unleashing his rage per his Berserker asset in frustration.

Action (8) vs Challenge (10,9) - (Miss) Finally a good roll!! And the challenge dice are like, nope, you fail anyway! Okay yet one more tick for failure track and he must Pay the Price... I'm thinking he's gotta take harm this time, ouch. 3 harm from big spider I think? Tarric's down to 1 health.

Endure 1 stress for unleashing his rage, so that's -1 spirit, and then I roll + spirit... 

Spirit (10) vs Challenge (2,5) - (Strong Hit) NOW he gets one! Well that gets him back +1 momentum as he Embraces the Darkness, so back up to 2/10 there.

And finally Endure Harm from the taking that damage from big spider. His iron's higher than his health right now, so +iron. 

Endure Harm (4) vs Challenge (10,2) - (Weak Hit) So he just presses on.

Okay I think that Strong Hit from Endure Stress might've gotten him the initiative back? (or did he just lose it again from the weak Endure Harm?) Either way I think he's done for this post. But he's really really wobbly and really really angry. xDD

Even as the smaller spiders closed in on the company Vara continued her relentless assault on the spider, boldly diving in to claw and peck at the spider's face. The Ravens of Ravenhill were a peaceable folk as a rule, but when pushed could fight with a ferocity to match any Man or Dwarf. "I may not be Thorondor the Great, but a fat old spider like you is least of all against the Black Dragon! Best you can do is die well!"

OOC

Rolling to Clash against the spider with Vara.
Action Dice (3) = 3 Challenge Dice (4) = 1,3
Weak Hit, so that's another two Harm on the spider, but I've got to Pay the Price. We'll say that Vara is put in harm's way, maybe bitten or entrapped by the spider/spiders?

Vara's screeches gave Tarric the impetus to get back on his feet. The raven's talons had once more found good purchase, and several spider eyes hung uselessly on the monster's scarred and pitted visage. Idunn's arrows swayed where they protruded from its body. But the giant arachnid had its own cunning, and had managed to maneuver such that when Vara backwinged away once more, the valiant bird's pinions were entangled in some hanging scraps of web, temporarily caught.

The monstrous spider raised up to take its vengeance on Vara -- and unwittingly gave Tarric the opening he needed. Channeling his pain into fuel for his berserk fury, the bear lurched forward with surprising speed and absolutely tore into the spider's softer underbelly with claws and teeth. Ichor sprayed and the monster screeched and shook, but this on top of the wounds it had already taken was just too much. It started to collapse, and with a roar the bear's claws dug in and slashed a great hole in the pulsing sack of the monster's heart to end the fight. Bear and spider fell together in a heap. Tarric's matted side rose and fell with the bellows of his labored breathing, but the foe moved not.

The smaller spiders, momentarily frozen at the loss of their leader, screeched and fled, abandoning the scene and the victory to the companions.

OOC

Updated progress to 9/10 per Bróin's post. Let's see if we can end this thing!

Gonna try to End the Fight here, comparing our 9 progress vs Challenge (3,3) - (Strong Hit) With doubles!!! Okay big spider is dramatically slain and small spiders flee the field so fast they leave a dust trail (well, not literally xD). Seriously though, maybe the 'extra good' from the match is that the guys we met on our way here show up just in time to witness our victory (and probably help get Tarric back to town, because he's feelin' the pain right now). And since they witnessed it and spread the story around/tell the leaders, the town is especially willing to reward/help us out in our request(s)?

Combat over!

spacer.pngIdunn had readied another arrow, but before she could let it loose, Vara flew by, and then Tarric entered the fray. She would not risk injuring her companion, and doubly so now, when he was in bear-shape; he was simply too big a target, and if her dart flew astray, she would gravely regret it. And so, she watched with bated breath, and aimed her shot, knowing that she should only make it if things turned truly hopeless...

But Tarric proved more than a match for the monster. When at last the foe lay lifeless and motionless, Idunn stood still and vigilant, and witnessed its lesser kin scurry away and scatter in all directions. A thought crossed her mind, and she contemplated a few parting shots, but she quickly reconsidered it, knowing that they had fully broken their enemy. And besides, she did not trust these spider-kin... if they had a trick up their sleeve, she would do well to conserve her arrows.

spacer.pngThey barely had a moment to catch their breath and celebrate their victory when they heard a company of men approach. Woodmen from the town; a small party consisting of the sentries they had encountered earlier. A grim-looking man led them, and he spoke to them with alarm in his voice: "We thought you would not return, and sought to seek you; we heard a terrible noise and we rushed to this place, but you seem well. Where are the spiders?"

In his haste, he hardly noticed the ruined branches and webbing that were littering the floor or sinking in the mire. "It is done." said Idunn plainly, "And I hope that this will prove enough for these spiders to stop plaguing Woodmen-Town, if only for a while."

OOC

Nicely done, everyone. Given the unambiguous victory, I think it's fair to treat it as a milestone in our vow:

Deal with the spiders (Dangerous)
Progress: ■■■■■■■■■■

...and since stats don't matter, I hope you don't mind if I roll for Fulfill your vow to speed things up. We have max progress, so hopefully it goes well:

Fulfill your Vow:
Dice Roll: 2d10
d10 Results: 2, 4 (Total = 6)

Edit: Strong hit. Your quest is complete. The spiders are dealt with, and they stop attacking the town. The waterway down the Dusky River becomes once again safe to use. Yay us!

A few mechanical outcomes from this:
1. We do not need to mark menace in the 'Defend the Woodmen' menace track.
2. We actually get to mark Progress in that Vow instead. Defend the Woodmen (Formidable) Progress: ■■■■■■■□□□
3. Everyone gets 2 XP. Add that to any XP you may have already.

Given the success, let's go back to town. Everyone should feel free to do stuff there and take moves, though I suggest not spending too long (we still have to deliver Radagast's message to the elves). Feel free to make moves; if you want to heal up, we can do it through the Heal move (Idunn can help) or you can look for a Healer (feel free to Ark the Oracle; we just helped them so I'd probably set the chances high for a Yes). Other stuff are possible too, like Forge a Bond etc.

I will be out of town in the coming days, but I think this is a good point to halt. Feel free to spend your XP and take the Advance move, if you want, and as long as you can narratively justify it. Or you can bank it for later. Let's maybe get a summary post from everyone before we return to the journey.t

Idunn followed the hunters and sentries as they led them back towards the settlement. She was bruised and weary, but her spirits were high. They had accomplished what they had set out to do, and done as much as she could have hoped for, or perhaps even more. The rest was now in these peoples' hands.

When at last she was back in Woodmen-Town, she knew that she had one final task left to her. Wasting no time, she sought Merewyn's home to tell the tidings. She found her eager to hear her words.

"The spiders have been dealt with." she proclaimed at first, "The Dusky River should be once again safe to travel along. You must waste no time in taking Fornvir to Rhosgobel now. Seek Radagast, and tell him I sent you. The Brown Wizard will help you and yours, but you must go quickly. I too shall return to Rhosgobel in time, and see you there. Good luck!"

OOC

Idunn will attempt to Forge a Bond with Merewyn. Given that we just fulfilled a vow to her benefit, she can reroll any dice.

Forge a Bond:
Dice Roll: 1d6+1t 2d10
d6 Results: 6 (Total = 7)
d10 Results: 7, 8 (Total = 15)
Sum Total: 22

Edit: Ok, definitely re-rolling those challenge dice:

Challenge:
Dice Roll: 2d10
d10 Results: 8, 1 (Total = 9)

Edit: Ok, they ask something... Hm... Even though it's a shared track, maybe Merewyn asks supplies (-1 supply) and Idunn gives it to her? Your PCs can shout at Idunn later-she's too nice for our own good! +2 momentum.

As for the Advance move... I need to think.

spacer.pngTarric barely noted the journey back to Woodmen-Town, focusing solely on staying upright (which position he only achieved with help) and putting one paw in front of the next. It wasn't until they got back to the boat that he even thought to return to his human self. The transformation from bear to human elicited startled murmurs, but overall felt like it lowered the tension of their escorts, not that he paid it any mind in his current state.

Once in town, the flurry of activity muddled him further, until the Beorning suddenly found himself sat upon the edge of a cot, being bandaged by none other than Gailar herself. His companions were nowhere in sight at the moment, but Tarric had a vague recollection of them splitting off to spread the news and promising to reconvene later.

As his wounds were bandaged and his head started to clear, Gailar requested his tale. She was a focused audience, asking questions to draw out pertinent detail he hadn't even thought to add. At last -- "The giant spider was felled. I could not see the smaller ones flee, but I heard it, and nothing disturbed our return to town. I believe they will not return, or at least, not for some time. Not without their leader."

spacer.png"And you are certain the large one is dead?" Gailar pressed. "Not merely sorely wounded, to come back for revenge later?"

"Certain. I tore a hole in its heart myself. That, I remember. The ichor sprayed and the taste still stings my mouth." He grimaced at the memory.

"It is well, then." The healer gave his completed bandage a satisfied pat. "Now we should be able to send help to Black Tarn on the river more swiftly, and receive help ourselves. Woodmen-Town is grateful to you and your companions."

OOC

Closed the Deal with Spiders vow per Idunn's post and added 2XP for it. Marked progress on Defend the Woodmen vow to 5/10. Subtract 1 supply per Idunn's post as well (now 3/5 supply).

(per Discord) Let's Ask the Oracle if someone in town can patch up Tarric a little. Given our rep here and what we've done already, it's Almost Certain. If success, Tarric gets +2 health. 11+ for a success... 

Oracle (18) - (Yes) Whew that was close. So Tarric is at 3 health now, and hopefully will be able to heal more on the road (e.g. in Camp or similar).

Tempted to use Advance... but I think I'll hold on to the XP for now until we hit a spot where it requires/triggers the new thing. xD

Forging Bonds seems good at this point, so like Bróin, Tarric too will try to Forge a Bond with Woodmen-town (probably via Gailar). 

Action (6) vs Challenge (5,6) - Let's reroll that second die per the Fulfill a Vow benefit - 

Reroll Challenge (1) - (Strong Hit) Excellent, bond is forged with the town. Added to Tarric's bond list, and took +2 sorely-needed momentum (now 4/10).

With the battle won and the spiders driven off, Bróin moves to disentangle Vara from the webbing that has entrapped her (even as the Raven spewed choice vulgarities in all the Free Tongues she knew). Even as he tore away at the webbing though Bróin felt a surge of pride at their victory; sure he might not have jumped into the fray himself, but where would they be without his moral support? Like stewing in some spider's gut no doubt.

This jubilant mood carries Bróin all the way back to Woodmen-Town and into the hall of Wuduseld. He strokes his beard as Idunn regales Merewyn with their adventure, interjecting only when his compatriot is finished. "And if they can be spared, sending a few strong sword-arms down Rhosgobel's way would not be ill-received. Now, I believe there was the matter of payment to settle?"

For his troubles Bróin was duly renumerated. To make up for the shortage of coin he was more than happy to accept a gift of trade goods that were the lifeblood of the town; furs, woodcraft, and other assorted sundry items were secured and stored with his bag. The old merchant gave Merewyn and the other elders a warm smile and a curtsy.

"A pleasure doing business with ye! Perhaps we may do it again sometime? I see no reason Wuduseld and the twon should not profit from the Old Forest Road when it is completed. Especially should you aid in that reconstruction."

OOC

XP and Progress have been noted. Might as well roll to form a Bond with Woodmen-Town.
Forming a Bond (8) = 8, Challenge Dice (14) = 9,5

Gonna re-roll that 9 per the Fulfill Your Vow bonus. Challenge Dice Re-roll (6) = 6
Okay that turns it into a Strong hit. Bróin has a Bond with Woodmen-Town and I'll take the +2 to Momentum.

When at last she had spoken to Merewyn and brought her the good tidings, Idunn hurried back to the great hall, where she sought Tarric. After some searching, she found him under Gailar's care, and she was gladdened to see that the healer was tending to her companion's wounds. The Beorning seemed better for it, though she had not had any doubts. She knew that the folk of the bear-lord were of hardy stock, after all, having met his thanes and warriors.

Merewyn had managed to move her with her plight, and though she had not explicitly asked her, Idunn had given part of her supplies freely to her, hoping that this would make Merewyn's departure swifter, and her journey easier. She was not worried about her diminished supplies, but now she was in the awkward position of having to explain the choice to Tarric.

"Merewyn sends her thanks." she begun, rather tentatively to tell the truth. "You may seek her yourself, now that your injuries have been looked to, though she is already preparing the journey. She must take Fornvir to Radagast. I have given her some supplies; I trust that this will not hinder our own journey, as I can resupply us in the forest. Are you feeling well enough to set out?"

She turned to Bróin. The dwarf seemed as eager as she was, but she did not want to assume. "I suggest we depart immediately if we can, unless you have further unfinished business here."

Title

@Maester1216 BlueTrillium caught a mistake I made, and the progress on our "Defend the Woodmen" vow should be 5/10, not 7/10. I made a copy-paste error and I'll fix it now, so feel free to adjust it in your spoiler as well!

Good thinking you both for forging a bond with the town! I should have done it too but I spaced out. Next time! If either of you wants to take the lead on the next leg of the journey, I think you'd get +1 for the bond now 

Tarric should feel free to complain to Idunn for squandering our supplies (now at 3/5) to help Merewyn. Idunn wants to do some Resupplying once we're on the road. I'll take the advance move to unlock the 3rd ability of Wildblood (will make us better at camping) and the 2nd ability of hound (will make Idunn better at fighting), for 2 XP each. I don't have a cool training montage for her, so I'll just hand-wave it. She's already had much experience in the wilds from her The One Ring adventures, so her Ironsworn stats are just catching up, slowly 

For the Journey up ahead, it was a Dangerous one and we only have 2 progress so far. I was thinking that the next waypoints should be Woodland Hall (aka Wuduseld) for 4/10; east of the Old Ford, near the eaves of Mirkwood, where the ruins of the Old Forest Road are (6/10); the Forest Gate (8/10) and a bit along the Elf-Path (10/10). See the map of Wilderland (in the Setting folder) for context. I am in favor of filling the whole track, if we can, as I am a bit wary of getting misses in the Reach your Destination move (oops, we are lost now).

Beorn's house is along the way, though the adventure suggests that the pressing task allows no time to visit him. I am, however, cool with visiting, especially if Tarric or Bróin argue for it. Perhaps we could Advance a Threat if we do.

Anyway-if anyone is keen, feel free to make the Undertake a Journey move! We had a big side-quest here in Woodmen-Town; I'm good to speed up as we go forward with the other waypoints just so we can expedite things, but we can of course expand on cool locations or NPCs.

The Beorning grimaced at the revelation of reduced supplies. He'd hoped to achieve the opposite, though that didn't seem likely now. "And what are we to do if your resupply is unsuccessful?" he grumped. "We're down nearly half."

Then he shook his head and pushed himself to his feet. Tarric looked over his bandage and nodded thanks to Gailar, then shrugged his shirt back into place and gathered up his gear. He took a deep breath and let it out, but didn't quite look at Idunn when he spoke. Instead he glanced at Bróin. "Done is done, and we'd best get moving then. I'm hale enough for the moment, and delay will only drain our supply further."

OOC

Seems we're ready to go, so let's Undertake a Journey for the next step... Tarric's impatient heh.

Undertake a Journey, wits +1 for the bond with town - Action (7) vs Challenge (7,4) - (Weak Hit) We'll reach a waypoint and mark progress, but it will cost us -1 supply to get there. That'll put us at 2/5 supply and... I think 4/10 progress on Journey to Forestgate?