Bankin' on It!

TiffanyKorta

Welcome true believers! Today we bring you a tale so big, so vast, that it takes more than one Spider-person to tell it...

Another day in the big city as alarms blare and a group of masked assailants burst out of a bank carrying bags full of money. The group seems confident in their ability to get away, but they didn't count on your arrival...

pngwing_com.png.90a8e0a791c98c2d7232d90633cdf15a.png

The first person to post gets to decide the details of the Earth they're on, everyone else is visiting for whatever reason. For each Spider-person there are 2 Conditions worth of Bank Robber, either one or two people as you desire.

It was a day like any other in Old York City. The dual suns shone brightly in the purple-hued sky of Earth-72. Birds chirped their songs and people walked their cats in peace and quiet--until the alarms and sirens began to blare. Their echo carried throughout the city, reflecting eerily off the buildings.

Just as the group of would-be heisters made their getaway, a red-suited hero stepped out of an alleyway and directly into their path.

spacer.png"And just where do you think you're going, eh?" said the man.

The robbers stopped for a moment and looked at each other. "Daring Drow? C'mon man, we got guns! What're you gonna do, whip us? Hahaha!" they taunted.

"Something like that. But you might want to look behind you. I didn't come alone..."

"What?! Man, that's the oldest trick in the book. Get 'im!"

OOC

So, I went with an Earth that has no canon or mentions whatsoever (that I could find). My idea is Earth-72 is a kind of bizarro world. Many things are mashed-up together (Like my character being Daredevil-meets-Spiderman or Knight of Punishment being Punisher-meets-Moon Knight) or are just altogether backwards (cars drive in the left lane, people walk cats instead of dogs, etc.). Make up some details and have fun with it! 😄

image.jpeg.a373760e65f2899c7d82c310f184137b.jpeg"Bruh ..." the deep, sonorous tones of the Prowling Spider startle the thieves from behind. "Whoever heard of a Spider-Man chasing down bad guys on foot? Next time? I'mma boycott this dimension just on General Principles. No wonder you had such a hard damn time getting people to come here."

Leaning against a building, arms folded across his green and purple chest stands a variation on the Spider-Man Motif. He turns his attention to the criminals, addressing them directly, greeting them with a lift of his chin in the classic gym-bro nod. "Hey."

Edited by CharmingSatyr (see edit history)

“Spider-Man Noir” está en desarrollo: será una serie para Prime Video -  Infobae

Internal Monologue

Great. Costumes. Just what this situation needed. Uncle Ben had told me there would be trouble at the bank this morning, but he didn't know it was going to involve Costumes. Jennifer Coles. Hostage. Age 32. Widow. Two Children. Molly, age 11 and Kurt will have his seventh birthday on Saturday.

Daring Drow, this guy I know. Or know of. He has an annoying habit of NOT carrying a smart-phone and excellent habits in surveillance avoidance. He's one of the good guys. I mean, he tends to beat the ever-living crap out of thugs.... But hey... I tend to shoot them in the knee-cap, so who am I to judge on methodology?

The Purple guy; him I don't know. Not in any known data-base. Uncle Ben is working on prediction models but he will need more time and observation. For now, purple guy is just a new Costume on the scene.

"Hey yourself, mother-fragger." Another bank robber exits the building, this one with a woman grappled tightly with a gun to her head. "You Costumes think you own the streets? You don't own nothing!"

A man steps out of the getaway car. While the robbers were in the bank, Peter had incapacitated their driver and stuffed him in the trunk of the car. Waiting in his place, he had intended to drive to a location where he could safely extricate the hostage. It looked like that would no longer be possible. His suit flowed over him, becoming the tattered looking trench coat and goggle eyed mask which hid his features.

"Now, now. Everyone just calm down." My voice is low and even.

It's also modulated and slightly distorted. If I can use computers to recognize people, so can others.

"We can talk this out. There's no reason we can't settle things like civilized people."

I keep my hands out and open and away from the guns. For the moment.

CONDITIONS ADDED to SCENE

Female Hostage with Gun to Her Head.

Clarification: Only woman is hostage. Her kids are at home.

OOC

Okay, so if Daring Drow isn't going to be the Peter Parker of Earth-72 then I think I will take him.

I am still working out some of the dynamics in my head, but having The Machine be "Uncle Ben" gives him a nice touch of Schizophrenia/Split-Personality to play with as well as letting me do a Noir style Narration. 

6f7cf34bbfdb0663cf508aa685d75a93.jpg

Mayday was not at all sure where she ended up. The last thing she remebered she had been fighting off some typical bad guy messing with a high tech lab. She had just started swinging therough the streets of the city when her spider-sense went off and gun shots could be heard in the distance. "Go get em tiger" she mumbled to herself thinking of her mother. She would think about how to return home later.

She arrived just in time to see a man in a bright red costume charge at two of the thugs. She followed her instincts and spotted two snipers waiting on the near by rooftops. With a twist of her body she literally began to climb beneath the building where one of them hid. "Surprise sucker punch!" She whispered as she attempted to tackle the first one down.

conditions

two snipers on the rooftops near by

OCC

I decided to go with Mayday just appearing in the new dimension. does the peter parker of this universe have his own family? Let me know what I need to roll I am new to this system I'm going to be learning as we go.

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)

spacer.png

Araneo | AbilitiesPhysical 3
Agility 0
Reason 0
Psyche 1
Movement 2
|Talent+2 Bargaining | Powers
Demonic Constitution

Venom

Heat Sense

Wall Crawling

Amorphous Body

Mind Reading

| EquipmentNone

Araneo was scanning the situation with impassive eyes. He was having serious issues adapting to this world. Hell was a bad place to live, but the rules there were clear. Here he didn't even understand the rules. Who were the bad guys? The armed guys, the colored uniforms or the kidnapped woman? From the guys, he was tasting in their thoughts fear, mixed with greed and some sort of satisfaction. From the woman, fear to the point of despair. Her mind kept rambling about some young ones at home. Her fear was delicious though, and he kept focused on her thoughts more than he should savoring the fear.

He was sensing duty, or a mission from the colored uniforms. Caution and also careful deliberation. They must be in this like him, to be a hero. Something unimaginable. He thought he was utterly alone in that mission. In Hell, he was definitively alone.

The closest bank robber was within arm reach from him. Slowly he was moving to this location, as a dark stain in the wall, waiting for the right moment to spring the trap and collect his reward, like a spider waiting for the fly to fall on its web. He was waiting for a bargain to be made, and his best bet was the curator of the bank. Still inside the bank, fearing desperately for his job position.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

Bank Robbers
  • Two Guys with Guns on the Street (2 Conditions each) [] [] // [] []
  • Two Snipers on the Roof (1 Condition each) [] // []
  • Guy with Hostage on the Street (4 Conditions) [] [] [] []

(@yxanthymir & @CharmingSatyr didn't define extra goons so I'll add their Conditions to the ones they mention in the fiction. If you'd rather, you can make your own goons)

spacer.png
Drow turned his head slightly to the side, hearing the differences in vibrations on the environment. There were more Spider-folk than he'd first thought--especially with one of them being silent as a glob on the wall. Something strange with that one... Reminds me too much of Doctor Venom... That one in the car too... Similar, but different.

A smile curled onto Drow's face at, unseen behind his mask. "What's wrong with walking? It's perfectly healthy. Unlike what I'm about to do to these guys!"

The man in red darted forward, using his spider whip to snap at the ground left and right like a high-tech cane. It was partially to instill fear of the unknown into the bank robbers so they wouldn't see his flying dragon kick coming.

OOC

So, I'm going to attack the Guys with Guns.

If this is like Star Worlds, I need to roll 2d6 and add an appropriate stat. I'm trying to be straight-forward and brutal with a kick to the face, so I'm going to add Strength. I think Powers and Equipment count for turning Failures into Close Calls, but I don't know for sure. I'm using Ninjitsu here, if that's the case.

Results: WOO! 13!! That should be a Critical Success! I don't 100% know what that'll do for us in this game (I assume inflict 1 Condition???), but in other games it means you do your thing with an extra benefit. Perhaps that extra could be a second Condition? *shrug*

Name
Kick to the FACE w/Ninjitsu
2d6+2 5,6

Mayday barely noticed the other spider-people showing up as she tumbled onto the rooftop. Although the one in red reminded her of the Daredevil of her universe. She hoped his story was a better one then what had happened to he friend. The purple guy seemed more on the dark side along with the creepy one that was just a dark spot on a wall. She had learned long ago to not judge by looks though, one her best friends was a former villain after all. She snapped her focus back to both snipers bouncing off the wall of the rooftop entrance and aiming for what she thought of as the basket, the goons gun, with her web shooters.

Actions

aiming for the gun I'm going to argue its like shooting a basket and add +1 for star athlete and physical for a webshot for plus 3?

Edited by drealynn (see edit history)
Name
webshot to gun
2d6+3 4,4

image.jpeg.a373760e65f2899c7d82c310f184137b.jpegThe struggles and sobbing of the hostage brought back uncomfortable memories for the Violet VigilanteSee issue #1
- ed.
. Ignoring for the moment the robbers in the alley, his attention is drawn to the burgeoning hostage situation taking place nearby. As much as he wanted to show off to these Spider-Folk and demonstrate that he belonged as one of them, he owed it to Miles -- to the memory of Miles -- to do the right thing. So it was time to make a choice.

Moving nearly too fast to see, he extends his gauntlet-covered hand, he webs the woman, yanking her out of the hostage-takers arms and pulling her into his. Swinging them both around so that his body is interposed between hers and the gunman's. With one hand on her hip, and another on her shoulder, he smiles down at the woman, asking in a low voice, "Didn't nobody ever teach that guy that ain't no way to treat a lady?"

Edited by CharmingSatyr (see edit history)
Name
Attack (physical)
2d6+2 6,4

spacer.png

Araneo

AbilitiesPhysical 3
Agility 0
Reason 0
Psyche 1
Movement 2
| Talent+2 Bargaining | Powers Demonic Constitution
Venom
Heat Sense
Wall Crawling
Amorphous Body
Mind Reading
 | EquipmentNone | Luck 3/3

They were quick to act, too hasty and anxious. Araneo wanted to taste the fear more, and even provoke some himself. Play with his prey first before the final bite. But most important of all, he was waiting for a bargain to be struck. He was almost convinced he would find none. The woman was so despaired that no real cognitive thought would enter her mind, and the bank curator was still idling in self pity inside the bank.

His demon part demanded a reward to his service. He would have to take it after the fight, but that definitively spoiled the fun of the bargain. The act of bargaining was indeed where he got his kicks.

Time to act. The stain suddenly coalesced into a solid form and launched with awesome speed at the guy that was holding, a few milliseconds ago, the woman, now yanked from his hands, hoping to trip the guy and disarm him at the same time.

OOC

I don't know exactly what stat to use, possibly movement.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)
Name
Body slam
2d6 4,1

“Spider-Man Noir” está en desarrollo: será una serie para Prime Video -  Infobae

Internal Monologue 

Have these Costumes never heard of de-escalation? Didn't even give the bank robbers a chance to surrender.

I probably wouldn't have either.

The kid takes out a roof-top sniper. Ben predicts she can handle them. Hostage removed from danger. Hostage taker downed by... I don't know if I want to know what that is. Is it local? I thought having two suns and a purple sky was weird. I hope it's tame, whatever it is.

"Looks like your plans went south." The Man in the Suit says as the hostage is lifted up into the air and her assailant is tackled by Araneo.

Turning to face the Thug on the Street with a gun, Peter shoots over his shoulder at the man struggling with Araneo. Even without looking he manages to hit the Hostage Taker in the leg without endangering Araneo. He speaks to the remaining Bank Robber.

"You should probably give up. If you run, that guy will chase you. And if he catches you, I think that guy might eat you."

OOC

2D6 + Appropriate Ability + Talent (if appropriate) + Power (if triggered)

2d6 +2(Agility) +0(No Talent Applicable) +1(God Mode Power) = 2d6+3

Actually, not at all certain what should be added for using a Power. Do the powers have "levels"?

Does Equipment add anything or does it just provide opportunities to use skills and powers?

Combat Tracking 

Roof Snipers had 2 Conditions. Mayday neutralized both.

Guns on the Street have 2 Conditions Each. DD removed 2 Conditions. One Down, One to Go.

Hostage Taker has 4 Conditions. Violet Vigilante took 2 of them.

Yxanthymir/Araneo is struggling with the Hostage Taker. With a 5, he took damage himself. If his powers add any, it still only accounts for 1 Condition.

Trying to finish off Hostage Taker.

Even without a +1 for Power, that is a solid connect, should remove the last Condition from Hostage Taker.

By my accounting, we only have one Gun on the Street Guy remaining.

Name
Shoot him in the Leg
2d6+3 5,2

Bank Robbers
  • Two Guys with Guns on the Street [x] [x] // [] []
  • Two Snipers on the Roof [x] // [x]
  • Guy without Hostage on the Street [x] [x] [x] [x]

(@yxanthymir Movement sounds right for your fiction. That gives you a 7 total, so that's 1 Condition.

spacer.png
The kick landed squarely in the goon's face, breaking his nose in two places. A small fountain of blood accompanied his fall to the ground, with Drow landing with knees spread and one hand on the pavement for balance. The gun clattered on the cement.

"See what I mean? Unhealthy," he asked rhetorically, head tilted to the side as he listened. He felt the Vigilante swoop in and yank the hostage to safety while the goop on the wall turned into a bludgeon.

Then a shot rang out and Drow whipped his head the other direction so an ear was toward it. It's that one in the coat. Did he just kill... no, leg shot. But he'll need an ambulance. Damn, reminds me of me.

The noise disoriented man in red, leaving a ringing in his ears. "I really hate guns..." he growled, leaping toward the last bank robber. In response, the goon opened fire and tried to take him out. "Yeah?! EAT LEAD!" Drow tried rolling to the side, then pushing off the ground with his hands in order to grab the guy with an upward scissor kick.

The bullets bounced off the street as one of Drow's legs wrapped around his neck, pulling him into a knee that slammed into his sternum. Twisting with the momentum, he was brought to the ground and held by a leg-lock.

"Now who do you work for?!" he shouted. "WHO?!?" His legs squeezed harder than necessary, causing fear and panic to set in--a noticable aroma to Araneo. "King Goblin?! The Lizard Hunter?! TALK!!!"

OOC

Attacking the remaining goon with a Physical takedown. Let's use a point of luck for that +4 by using my Enhanced Physique.

A 16! That takes him out, but I'm going to say he's held firm instead of KO'd.

Name
Physical + Enhanced Physique
2d6+6 4,6

Easily snatching the gun from the sniper Mayday twirled it around in a giant slingshot and hooked it right into the face of the other gunman on the roof knocking that one out. Before the other thug could even react she was in his face with a simple forward punch. As she gave a sigh of relief she finally had a chance to look around more finally noticing the freaking two suns in the sky. That's when it really hit her of how far from home she was. Trying to distract herself from panicking she looked to the streets below to look for more of the goons. Only to see the red spider, the creepy one , the purple guy, and a new tech based spider all gain up on the last conscious thug.

"Gentlemen is this a private party or can you tell me what the hell is going on, and where I am?" She quipped from overhead easily swinging down to land nearby.

"Take it easy on the fellow I'm sure he would talk better with his teeth." May argued playing the "good cop." She kept an eye on all of the men in case they got too carried away. She did not appreciate the intense violence but understood that sometimes that was the only way.

Actions

Internal Monologue

Things seem to be wrapping up. I wasn't really needed here but then how could Ben predict that there would be so many out-of-state visitors. At least, it makes sense that some of these others are like me. Out of place. Daring Drow is on the news feeds locally, but not the Purple Guy or the Girl. Shadowblot... I get the feeling where ever he is from, he's going to blow the bell curve on weirdness.

The Purple one. What did he call Drow? Spider-Man. No, he called him "A Spider-Man", and it was a touch self referential. And he mentioned being from another dimension. Casually. How often does this happen to him?

Spider-Man. The stuff in my dreams that inspired the Suit. And the Girl is wearing what I know is the original colors, so to speak. Does that make her closer to what ever it is that inspired me?

The Man in Black looks up at the Purple Guy with the woman still in his arms. "You could probably put her down now."

He puts his gun back in the shoulder rig. The black trench coat moves just a little too much, like it has it's own breeze to make it swirl dramatically. The man in black frowns, and his goggles narrow as if they were eyes. He belts the coat closed seeming much like someone getting an agitated pet to calm down.

He nods towards the bank. "Someone should be coming out to collect the money. Jennifer, those bags are going to be too heavy for you to carry by yourself."

"Also, Jennifer. Tell the Cops that there's a guy in the trunk too." He has a fedora in hand which had not been there a moment ago.

"For the rest of us. You can call me Mister Silk." He settles the hat into place. "I believe we should move to a different venue before the Local Leos show up and begin to ask questions. Assuming you are all as serious about your privacy in these matters as I am."

OOC
On 7/11/2023 at 7:17 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

now that we've beaten our foes, what's the next move

I've never let a lack of plot keep me from posting. It's time to make introductions.

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer

Local Leo = City Cops.

I figure if it's a nano-tech suit that shifts to be clothing, and make a hat when he wants it to, then it mirrors his emotions like it was his face.