I presume that Garion and Kuz'Arak leave the double doors open or, at least, ajar.
Heuberk looks at- scrutinizes the area around the door for a while after Garion and Kuz'Arak leave. He then casts a spell. It doesn't have an outward effect. What does Drasil, Kyros, and Braz'i do?
If you do nothing, he sighs. "This has become irritating to me now. If you leave immediately, Fadelby will only lose a single finger." He does not say what will happen if you don't leave. Muffled crying starts to come from the storeroom.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Kuz'Arak 98/98 HP 2/3 AP;
Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Drasil 102/102 HP 3/3 AP;
Kyros 123/123 HP 3/3 AP; Darkvision, Low-Light Vision; Resist Fire 10
Garion 99/89 HP 3/3 AP; False Life
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

When Braz'i touches his waist, Drasil flinches, and his head jerks to him with violent black eyes until he realizes it's his companion.
"He's our friend, remember?" he thinks in a backwater corner of his mind.
He smiles apologetically and un-tenses, though he finds it hard to keep still. He lets his visible companions pass him by without interruption.

But he doesn't let his focus fail. He's no spellsmith, but he's been around to see the strings of the world. With a keen eye, he studies the Humans every syllable and gesture.

Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Religion

Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Occultism

Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Arcana

Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Nature

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 114/114 +0 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |

Name
Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Religion
1d20+17 9
Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Occultism
1d20+13 8
Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Arcana
1d20+11 12
Recall Knowledge to Identify spell, Nature
1d20+11 7

ao2ycQx.jpg?1

Braz'i saw how tense Drasil was. His own emotions were more... curious. This didn't seem like a goodtime for Drasil to be making decisions. The halfling caught the mighty warriors eyes and gestured to the doorway.

"We'll be back," he said in a steadfast voice to the enemy. "My friends will tear you limb from limb if you prove treacherous, I've seen them do it before."

Braz'i led the others to join the druid and sorceror.

OOC

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Reaction:

Stat Block

Braz'i the BeaterBard 9

N, Small, Halfling, Wildwood Halfling, Humanoid

Perception +16;
Languages Common, Halfling
Skills Acrobatics +15, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +19, Lore: Warfare +11, Medicine +14, Occultism +11, Performance +19, Stealth +15, Survival +14
Str +0, Dex +4, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +4
Items +1 Resilient Leather, Folding Drums, Mentalist's Staff, Pendant of the Occult, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Spellbook (Blank), Healing Potion (Lesser), Darkvision Elixir (Moderate), Flask of Fellowship, Scroll of Object Reading, Scroll of Pocket Library, Scroll of Comprehend Language

AC 27; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +19; Resolve
HP 96

Speed 30 feet
Melee +1 Fighting Stick +12 (Uncommon, Backswing, Halfling, Nonlethal, Shove, Magical), Damage 1d6 B
Ranged +1 Striking Shortbow +16 (Deadly d10, Magical), Damage 2d6 P
Halfling Luck action_free.png
Bon Mot action_single.png
Folding Drums action_single.png
Occult Known Spells DC 27, attack +17; 5th Synesthesia, Shadow Siphon (2 slots); 4th Silence (H+2), Resist Energy (H+2), Restoration (H+2) (3 slots); 3rd Slow ☆, Invisibility Sphere, Fear (H+2) (2/3 slots); 2nd Telekinetic Maneuver, Dispel Magic ☆, Hideous Laughter (3 slots); 1st Summon Fey, Phantom Pain, Schadenfreude, Soothe ☆ (3 slots); Cantrips Daze, Shield, Haunting Hymn, Telekinetic Projectile, Bullhorn
Focus Spells (3 points) Counter Performance action_reaction.pngArea 60-foot emanation Your performance protects you and your allies. Roll a Performance check for a type you know: an auditory performance if the trigger was auditory, or a visual one for a visual trigger. You and allies in the area can use the better result between your Performance check and the saving throw.
Inspire Courage action_single.pngArea 60-foot emanation Duration 1 round You inspire your allies with words or tunes of encouragement. You and all allies in the area gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear effects.
Lingering Composition action_free.pngYou add a flourish to your composition to extend its benefits. If your next action is to cast a cantrip composition with a duration of 1 round, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a standard-difficulty DC of a level equal to the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The composition lasts 4 rounds. Success The composition lasts 3 rounds. Failure The composition lasts 1 round, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Dirge of Doom action_single.pngArea 30-foot emanation Duration 1 round Foes within the area are frightened 1. They can't reduce their frightened value below 1 while they remain in the area.
Inspire Heroics action_free.pngYou call upon your muse to greatly increase the benefits you provide to your allies with your inspire courage or inspire defense composition. If your next action is to cast inspire courage or inspire defense, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a very hard DC of a level equal to that of the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect of your inspire courage or inspire defense composition depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The status bonus from your inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +3. Success The status bonus from inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +2. Failure Your inspire courage or inspire defense provides only its normal bonus of +1, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Additional Feats Adopted Ancestry, Assurance, Battle Cry, Cat Fall, Dirge of Doom, Esoteric Polymath, Guiding Luck, Inspire Heroics, Lingering Composition, Multifarious Muse, Nimble Elf, Toughness, Versatile Performance, Virtuosic Performer, Wildwood Halfling
Additional Specials Adopted Ancestry (Elf), Assurance (Medicine), Great Fortitude, Keen Eyes, Multifarious Muse (Polymath), Muses (Maestro), Signature Spells

spacer.png

Drasil is still visibly agitated, but as the small Bravo leads him back to the others, he becomes a little less restless.

He nods to the halfling approvingly.

Back with the other bravos he puts forward his thoughts:

"I concede that we these notes, it may be our best bet to save the wainwright, and get some information. I'm even willing to hear out this offer if it truly exists, if it will tell us more about their goals. However. we cannot set the precedent that we will be manipulated so coarsely. Fiends like that man only see weakness. However this ends, that Human does not leave Breachhill unpunished."

Drasil | Elf Fighter 9 | AC 28(26 while raging with weapon)(27 without oversized weapon) | HP 114/114 +0 temp| Percep +15 (+17 init) | Speed 35' |

spacer.png

Kyros practically vibrates with the need to act, but when Drasil and Braz'i move to leave he follows without saying a word. Once out and with the others he says "We can't let that snake get away with this. He just shows up, kidnaps a man, and thinks he can get whatever he wants? Not in this town!"

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

The invisible trio leave as asked. While still in earshot, you hear the sound of a man screaming. Like one of his fingers was just cut off. Heuberk did say that would happen.

The Bravos get together to discuss your next course of action and how you think your dates went.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)

Voice: "Do you think they actually will?"
Heuberk: "I'm not sure. But, if they do, a few tests of loyalty will be in order."
V: "They would be a valuable asset."
H: "Indeed. Now about that finger."
Whimpering and sounds of a slight struggle.
Other Voice: "We should just kill him."
H: "No. We keep our word if we can." A slight pause. "Can we keep our word, Fadelby? Will you be still for this?"
More whimpering, but no struggle.... Scream.
H: "Here. When we leave, you can have that looked at."

From the sounds as you listen, there may be one or two more in the room that haven't spoken.

Status

Visibility:
Terrain:
Cover:

Bul'Ro 96/96 HP;
Braz'i 96/96 HP 3/3 AP;

spacer.png

With his Clairaudience spell, he hears Braz'i and realizes the group is leaving. Given that the group is still invisible, he chants, "air oh arrow" and casts Prestidigitation to create a bright teal, yet crude, arrowhead on the ground, pointing toward their alley hideaway. When the group comes out of invisibility, Garion holds up a finger and reports quietly, "I'm still listening in. It sounds like they do have Fadelby. And ..." Garion grimaces, "... they apparently did cut off a finger." He continues, "Heuberk has at least 2 henchmen that I heard, and probably 2 more."

When the Clairaudience spell runs out, he asks the group, "So what do we think? I think we all agree they should die. The notes they're after will lead them to our citadel. Not sure we should risk that." Then turning to Kuz'Arak, "You mentioned a plan?"

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 99/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/3/4/2

ao2ycQx.jpg?1

Braz'i nodded with determination and a gleam of conviction in his eyes.

"I regret we have not already.," he said the steel in his voice tinged with the frustration of someone who had failed to act and felt they needed to.

"Let us do what we have said we will - and then deal with the villians. With my freedom back I won't see others submitted to such tyranny, torrture and control."

OOC

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Reaction:

Stat Block

Braz'i the BeaterBard 9

N, Small, Halfling, Wildwood Halfling, Humanoid

Perception +16;
Languages Common, Halfling
Skills Acrobatics +15, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +19, Lore: Warfare +11, Medicine +14, Occultism +11, Performance +19, Stealth +15, Survival +14
Str +0, Dex +4, Con +1, Int +0, Wis +3, Cha +4
Items +1 Resilient Leather, Folding Drums, Mentalist's Staff, Pendant of the Occult, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Spellbook (Blank), Healing Potion (Lesser), Darkvision Elixir (Moderate), Flask of Fellowship, Scroll of Object Reading, Scroll of Pocket Library, Scroll of Comprehend Language

AC 27; Fort +15, Ref +18, Will +19; Resolve
HP 96

Speed 30 feet
Melee +1 Fighting Stick +12 (Uncommon, Backswing, Halfling, Nonlethal, Shove, Magical), Damage 1d6 B
Ranged +1 Striking Shortbow +16 (Deadly d10, Magical), Damage 2d6 P
Halfling Luck action_free.png
Bon Mot action_single.png
Folding Drums action_single.png
Occult Known Spells DC 27, attack +17; 5th Synesthesia, Shadow Siphon (2 slots); 4th Silence (H+2), Resist Energy (H+2), Restoration (H+2) (3 slots); 3rd Slow ☆, Invisibility Sphere, Fear (H+2) (2/3 slots); 2nd Telekinetic Maneuver, Dispel Magic ☆, Hideous Laughter (3 slots); 1st Summon Fey, Phantom Pain, Schadenfreude, Soothe ☆ (3 slots); Cantrips Daze, Shield, Haunting Hymn, Telekinetic Projectile, Bullhorn
Focus Spells (3 points) Counter Performance action_reaction.pngArea 60-foot emanation Your performance protects you and your allies. Roll a Performance check for a type you know: an auditory performance if the trigger was auditory, or a visual one for a visual trigger. You and allies in the area can use the better result between your Performance check and the saving throw.
Inspire Courage action_single.pngArea 60-foot emanation Duration 1 round You inspire your allies with words or tunes of encouragement. You and all allies in the area gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear effects.
Lingering Composition action_free.pngYou add a flourish to your composition to extend its benefits. If your next action is to cast a cantrip composition with a duration of 1 round, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a standard-difficulty DC of a level equal to the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The composition lasts 4 rounds. Success The composition lasts 3 rounds. Failure The composition lasts 1 round, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Dirge of Doom action_single.pngArea 30-foot emanation Duration 1 round Foes within the area are frightened 1. They can't reduce their frightened value below 1 while they remain in the area.
Inspire Heroics action_free.pngYou call upon your muse to greatly increase the benefits you provide to your allies with your inspire courage or inspire defense composition. If your next action is to cast inspire courage or inspire defense, attempt a Performance check. The DC is usually a very hard DC of a level equal to that of the highest-level target of your composition, but the GM can assign a different DC based on the circumstances. The effect of your inspire courage or inspire defense composition depends on the result of your check. Critical Success The status bonus from your inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +3. Success The status bonus from inspire courage or inspire defense increases to +2. Failure Your inspire courage or inspire defense provides only its normal bonus of +1, but you don't spend the Focus Point for casting this spell.
Additional Feats Adopted Ancestry, Assurance, Battle Cry, Cat Fall, Dirge of Doom, Esoteric Polymath, Guiding Luck, Inspire Heroics, Lingering Composition, Multifarious Muse, Nimble Elf, Toughness, Versatile Performance, Virtuosic Performer, Wildwood Halfling
Additional Specials Adopted Ancestry (Elf), Assurance (Medicine), Great Fortitude, Keen Eyes, Multifarious Muse (Polymath), Muses (Maestro), Signature Spells

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak reiterates the plan that he had been pondering, but seeing the fire in his allies eyes and the fact that the man had already harmed one of the townsfolk, he was not hopeful that anyone would follow through with it... Even he had his doubts that it would be worth while.

"Well then, lets get moving to the citadel. We can talk on the way... What say you all to my plan? We could infiltrate this group and take them out once and for all. I fear that killing these villians will only leave us with a hydra missing one head of many. And more still will come after us before long. "

Actions

Kuz'Arak

Bul'Ro

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Bul’Ro | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

spacer.png

Garion nods as Kuz'Arak explains his plan to the others. "As long as we're okay with bad guys poking around the Citadel and possibly finding the aiudara." Garion adds, "But infiltrating their group to root out their boss makes sense."

Garion | Gnome Sorcerer 9 | AC 24 | HP 99/89 | Per +15 | F:+16, R:+16, W:+16 | Speed 25' | Focus 2/2 | Spells -/4/4/3/4/2

spacer.png

Kyros shakes his head and says "I can see the sense behind tryin' to infiltrate this group and find out more, but I've got doubts how long we can keep up that ruse" Looking down to his hands where his claws have dug into his palms and drawn blood, he mutters "I've got doubts how long I can keep that up."

Kyros | Swashbuckler 9 | AC 27, Fire Resistance 5 | HP 123 | Percep +14 | F +14 R +19 W +14 | SPD 30 ft. (45 w/ panache) | Focus 1/1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Kuz'Arak nods thoughtfully at his friends hesitations "Yes this is true... I have a feeling that man is one to put our loyalty to the test in rather creative and abhorrent ways. It would be difficult and we would have to betray who we are. I understand if you all would prefer to attack them outright now. We'll just have to find the rest of the organization in a different manner. "

Actions

Kuz'Arak

Bul'Ro

Remaining Vital Beacon

4d10

4d8

4d6

4d4

Kuz'Arak |Lizardfolk Druid 9 | AC 27 (29) | HP 98 | Per +17|Speed 25 | Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 17

Bul’Ro | animal companion 9 | AC 27 | HP 96 | Per +16 | Speed 40 | Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 16

spacer.png

Drasil still fidgets and shifts his weight anxiously. With a thought and a gesture he reshapes his "Knife" into a great Aldori dueling sword, with a simple snarling wolf on the flat of the blade.

With a gritted smile, he nods in agreement with Young Kyros.
"No more tricks. We get the notes. Get the hostage. Kill them. You can't give Fiends like this an inch."

He hesitates.

"Keep at least one alive. They might know something useful."