The Coming Dawn - Page 1

Xerin

*** Taking this out of private since most people are here and even those who aren't (due to personal reasons or RP ones) would probably be able to see or hear this****

071afe0796b2bcaa3a4d3393f425cf19.jpg.d14bc0b5746cb3c72751d5b0ef3eeb79.jpg

As the group gathers together and speaks over the description on the slip of paper and what it means, you can see the shock on a few faces around you. It didn't seem like anybody had cracked that code yet. "Sapphire.." she says softly looking it over, it seemed like that word had a deeper meaning to her than just from the sheet of paper. "Thanks!" she says. While the other boy, with a blink, reveals his, the one who had been insistent on you showing yours first, visibly crumples his in his fist, as if refusing to show it now that he knows that you can read the language.

"TPaul.png.8be76399a5a2f8c6669456e2d036cf7e.pnghis is so cool. I mean, secret languages, hidden objects, spies. It's like they made a spy movie for the first week of school." Paul then slides his paper to Jake to see if he's willing to read Paul's paper as well. "Science Fiction movies? He asks for a moment. HAH! I knew it. I knew this language existed somewhere."

The color of Paul's paper is purple.

star wars language pic NPC purple aubergine.jpg

"SMiguel2.png.f0b8bde3b9cd0f6fdb8875357c52b028.pngorry, I'm done. This is getting a bit too crowded a bit too fast for me." Says Miguel as he grabs his plate and starts to get up to leave. This causes Paul and Saba to frown at Miguel as if he's acting strange.

"But you were the one to ask us to show our colors." States Saba in a quiet voice, her earlier confidence seeming to have broken now that she starts feeling as if she had been tricked.

"Yeah man, I mean social anxiety sucks, but come on." Responds Paul, not seeming to think that Miguel might have been tricking them. "Getting more people here on the same team, we could even force the teachers to concede to our idea if we get enough students, even if our theory is wrong."

"Nah" responds Miguel shaking his head. "I'm out. You guys do what you want."

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

Volker Riese - Der Drache

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyVolker can't help but be curious about that last part as he looks over.

"I'd love to hear this theory of yours." Volker replies with a bit of a roll of the neck.

"This game, is a bit strange - ja? You'd think we'd at least know who our teammates are first."

Title

Kannd'r

kaandr_2.jpg.c6a2f9d3452cc47f298d0798e985a3ed.jpg

Hero points 0 | Damage 0 | Initiative 0 | Perception 4 | Insight 4

Dodge/Parry: 3 | Toughness: 9 | Fortitude: 6 | Will: 4

Advantages

Attractive 2

Power Attack

Skills

Acrobatics 2
Athletics 10
Deception 5*
Insight 4
Intimidate 6
Peception 4
Persuasion 5*

Attacks

Unarmed: +10 Damage. +2 Atk. DC:25.
Star Fist: +14 Damage. +2 Atk. DC:26. 19-20 Crit. AutoAttack. Split.
Heat Vision: +3 Damage. +6 Atk. DC:18. Penetration 3.
Star Bolts: +5 Damage. +4 Atk. DC:20.

Kannd'r directed her conversational focus to Kolver for a moment. "I believe part of the game is to feel out what kind of person we are. How we act in a complex social condition, hence my choice to simply tell everyone my team, I have no intention of a.... secret identity."

She gave a nod at Francis and Jack "Pleased to meet the two of you, I believe I've already mostly introduced myself."

Mechanics & OOC
Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)

Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.dab08741c4105a45ee1b4c3a43bcf1f3.jpegFrancis just smiled politely at Jack. "As I said, that's a secret I'm reserving for those on my team. But, I can translate yours if you'd like."

He said nothing as Miguel made his exit. In fact, something that was spoken seemed to have caused him to think, making him appear to zone out for a few moments. Then, he chimed up to everyone who was present.

"I think I get the point of the game," Francis announced. "This must be a simulation of what the original heroes had to go through! We all start off scattered, doing our own thing, until we meet others like us--the Justice League and the Super Friends. We network, we learn who to ally with and who to oppose. If we, the metahumans of tomorrow, can learn to band together early on, we'll be more ready to take on whatever threatens our homes.

"Er, at least, that's what I think this is all about... could just be a really extended icebreaker."

As Paul slides his paper over, Francis would glance down at it and try to read the symbols on it.

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

Voice Claim for Francis - Robin (Jesse McCartney)

Voice Claim for Maahes - Mufasa (James Earl Jones)

OOC: -

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Jake Murphy - The Goose

JakeJake walked over to the small gathering at the cafeteria and an politely introduced himself to the ones he hadn't met yet. He expressed his opinion that the game seemed kind of fun, but he wasn't planning on taking it too seriously. If he happened to find the rod that would be great, but he wasn't very good at keeping secrets or directly lying to people.

He doesn't give his paper to Francis yet, but takes note that his roommate seemed to have solved the code already.

Title

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyVolker is of course going to watch intently, and in the end he pulls his own slip from his pocket. He goes to take a big bite of his food too.

indigo.png.0c08702dbff0cd5ef0ae7713a437484f.png on Purple.

"That this is all some sort of test, ja?" he gives with a shrug.

"Looks like everyone got different words. Maybe there is a pattern."

Title

Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.dab08741c4105a45ee1b4c3a43bcf1f3.jpegFrancis looked over Volker's slip of paper for a moment.

"'Indigo'," he reported. "Your word is 'indigo'. As for a pattern, I would have to agree. I think our words all correspond with our team colors. For example, if somebody was on the green team, their word might be 'grass' or 'emerald' or something. But Mr. Grayson also mentioned that our teams have allies and enemies. Do we get to choose, as teams, who our allies are? Or do the slips of paper tell us who they are?"

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

The day passes rather uneventfully, some kids are really into searching, others are setting up friendships and teams, and others stop caring almost immediately and start playing video games or hanging out in rooms. As kids started getting ready to head for bed, the different Dorm Parents showed up and explained that there would be a general alarm for breakfast, and then a general alarm for classes. Feel free to ignore the first alarm, though the school recommends you show up for breakfast. Don't ignore the second alarm. The second alarm for classes is a 10-minute warning. The second alarm gives you 10 minutes to clean up your dishes or to wake up and get dressed for class before the classes start.

[Mechanics of waking up. Yup, teenagers hate mornings and you have to roll to succeed! DC 12 will or fort save (whichever is lower) to wake up for the first alarm. DC 10 will or fort (again, whichever is lower) to wake up for the second alarm. Every hour your character is awake past 11 adds a +2 difficulty to the checks. So if you're up until 1 a.m.: DC 16 and DC 14. Up until 3? DC 20 and DC 18. If you have a penalty from the night before and don't manage a nap, you will have a +2 difficulty modifier added to your roll.

IE - I stayed up until 1 a.m. last night. I passed the DC to wake up for breakfast. Tonight I also stayed up until 1 a.m... The DC is now 18 and 16. This modifier will continue to grow until you get a full night's sleep, or sleep through classes.

A roommate can opt to try and wake you. This gives you a +2 on your check if they do a minor act (shake you awake). Or a +6 on drastic (douse your bed in water, freeze your underwear with ice powers, drag you into the shower)]

Please feel free to post in private any actions you will do after dark. Otherwise, please roll the lower of your fort and will to wake up in the morning.

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyVolker takes his slip back, obvious a bit confused.

"Isn't this supposed to also be a clue as to who else is on our team?" he asks, about to give up on that entirely.

"Bah, eating now. I'm going to check out the Gym."

~~~~

With all the travel he's been doing to get to the other side of the planet, of course Volker goes to bed relatively on time for once. Eating like he's doing some sports training, his game is clearly Hockey but the important thing is to keep moving.

Title
Edited by GleefulNihilism (see edit history)
Name
Will/Fort
1d20+7 9

spacer.pngJack Aldrich - Eldritch

Hero Points 0 | Damage 0 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Insight +5

Dodge 2/11 | Parry 4/11 | Fortitude 4 | Toughness 4 | Will 6

With the two hawt girls, Jack could not get passed his inhibition to sounding like a fool, so he just stayed silent. When Volker announces his intention to head to the gym, he breathes a sigh of relief under his breath and says aloud, "sounds good. I'll go with you."

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Fort
1d20+4 4
Roll DC 11
1d20+8 14

Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.dab08741c4105a45ee1b4c3a43bcf1f3.jpeg"Oh come on, it's not that late."

"A pharaoh has responsibilities to his people, and you are neglecting yours. Childish entertainment must not keep you from rest."

"But we're so close to unlocking all the characters. It’ll only be another fifteen minutes."

"No. I forbid you from setting us a poor example tomorrow, young pharaoh. To bed with you!"

"Ugh…"

Francis set down the controller with a heavy sigh, standing up from the couch. "Alright, I think I'm gonna head to bed. Wanna get a good start for the first day of classes. See you guys in the morning."

With that, the young man headed to bed, silently fuming at the amulet hidden beneath his shirt. When he returned to his room, he changed into pajamas, washed up, and got under the covers. This would be Jake's first opportunity to get a look at it, if he so wished.

The night was restful enough, with mostly ordinary dreams. Come morning, just as the first alarm rang, the teenager mumbled and rolled over to tap the Snooze button on his phone.

"Awaken, young pharaoh! Ra has embarked on his journey, as must you!"

With almost perfect comical timing, Francis felt himself quite literally pushed out of bed by some unseen force! Flopping on the ground, he groaned aloud in equal measures of discomfort and grogginess. Still, that same force helped him push himself back onto his feet, half of his hair smushed to one side. After throwing himself into the shower, getting dressed, and setting his notebooks in his backpack, the young man made it down in time to the mess hall for breakfast.

While he nommed down on some Belgian waffles and sausage links, Francis reviewed his class schedule for the day on his phone.

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

Name
Fortitude Saves
16; 4
1d20+1;1d20+1 [15]; [15,3]

Kannd'r

kaandr_2.jpg.c6a2f9d3452cc47f298d0798e985a3ed.jpg

Hero points 0 | Damage 0 | Initiative 0 | Perception 4 | Insight 4

Dodge/Parry: 3 | Toughness: 9 | Fortitude: 6 | Will: 4

Advantages

Attractive 2

Power Attack

Skills

Acrobatics 2
Athletics 10
Deception 5*
Insight 4
Intimidate 6
Peception 4
Persuasion 5*

Attacks

Unarmed: +10 Damage. +2 Atk. DC:25.
Star Fist: +14 Damage. +2 Atk. DC:26. 19-20 Crit. AutoAttack. Split.
Heat Vision: +3 Damage. +6 Atk. DC:18. Penetration 3.
Star Bolts: +5 Damage. +4 Atk. DC:20.

Roll

Kannd'r went to be 'on time' sleeping well, she had never had trouble getting to sleep or sleeping well for what ever reason. Waking up was always the issue. But Kannd'r got up on the first alarm made her way to class and went about her standard day catching breakfast and then off to her first class. The classes were going to be the issue, she was simply put just behind on most subjects and academics was something she didn't keep her normal cool and formal personality with, She was openly frustrated with it at times.

Mechanics & OOC
Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d20+6 6

Jake Murphy - The Goose

JakeJake headed to bed relatively early and woke up with plenty of time to spare. "You all right there?" He asked Francis making sure his roommate was okay after apparently falling out of bed.

Jake performed his morning routine and helped himself to a large breakfast in the cafeteria. Something told him this would be an eventful day.

Title
Edited by cbenny (see edit history)
Name
Fort Save to Wake Up
1d20+6 8

(It's been a week, I hate to skip 2 players but I'm moving forwards. Also... after reading half the privates, I feel like the Benny Hill Theme is the song of our school.)

Pancakes, waffles, bacon, mushrooms, baked beans, eggs, and many other breakfast foods from across the world fill the cafeteria with the smell of well-cooked bliss. Students in various levels of dress have appeared for breakfast, some in pajamas, others in loose clothes, and others in the sports version of the 'official unofficial' school uniforms (Students will be eventually allowed off campus, however, they are required to wear the school uniform when doing so. Also, if there's an announcement that they are being evaluated in the next day or so, it is expected for students to wear the uniform. Basically, they're school spirit pieces). Most are bleery-eyed, but there are a few blasphemers known as morning people wandering around being perky. Those of you who were asleep during breakfast wake up to another bell, and the rest of you draw your attention to it as your breakfast is finished.

"Good morning Students. While usually there will be no morning announcements, my brother wished to brag." States the dry voice of the Vice Principal, Damien Wayne. "So, without further preamble, Jason?"

"Yes, current stats on the MacGuffin Stick are as follows. In first place, the purple team, with an active counter and just under 14 hours." This brings up a lot of conversation and people looking back and forth, trying to figure out who got the MacGuffin and when. "In second place, blue team, with over 6 active hours. In third place, the yellow team with under an hour." Most of the students nod there, but flinch as Jason continues. "And finally, the red team is in last place, with a negative 1 hour. It would have been negative two hours, however, the student caught on the boys' floor took the option of visible humiliation over further penalties to her team."

Roll a perception check as you get ready for morning class. DC 15

As you look around at the comment of 'visible humiliation' you notice a red-headed girl in a hoodie. The hood is way too dark for how much it covers, but if you peer in, you notice that someone has drawn on her with a large black marker.

Capture.JPG.fd1fc5f52ec2900978404b28a8c0a6e0.JPG Similar style to this, but for a red head.

Everyone who privated me during their waking up scene should have received a private in this post. If you didn't, please pm me or post in the OOC

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

spacer.pngJack Aldrich - Eldritch

Hero Points 0 | Damage 0 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Insight +5

Dodge 2/11 | Parry 4/11 | Fortitude 4 | Toughness 4 | Will 6

Jack is one of the students who oversleeps. He wears the same sweatshirt and pants combination that you last saw him in the cafeteria last night. His naturally curly hair looks similarly curly. Almost like his bed head is coifed.

He makes a beeline to his roommate Volker and playfully hits a broad shoulder, “wake me up net time for breakfast.”

He notices a red-headed girl with a hoodie hiding her public humiliation and mentally assigns her to team Red.

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Roll 1
1d20+5 12
Roll 2
1d20+5 18