The Lady Luck Alehouse

Sorithar

I'd say that trap would be good for stairs going down... but hey thats just me...

I'm going to let Yohan offer the dwarf B guy a ride upstairs on his trusty steed... and run after them.. up the stairs before they get trapped !!!

13 hours ago, Calrond said:

Alright, assuming that we're about to finish exploring this floor, where to next? Up the stairs where the goblin ran? Down the stairs to the SE of this floor?

If the first priority is to get Yohan's armor back, does he know if the last set of stairs he was led to were heading up or down from his perspective at the time? If he knows he walked down a set of stairs to get here, then his armor is probably somewhere up those stairs, I'd imagine.

I think we have the stairs mixed up. I always understood that with the symbol for stairs the wider end marks the top of the stairs and the narrow pointed part signifies the to bottom of the stairs. So the stairs in the SE section would be going up and the ones in the middle of the east side would be going down.

That aside, once we finish clearing this level we should go down/up the stairs the goblin went up/down. I would guess that Yohan's stuff would be up there. But what we really need is a Locate Object spell to try to find his stuff.

3 hours ago, Draidden said:

I think we have the stairs mixed up. I always understood that with the symbol for stairs the wider end marks the top of the stairs and the narrow pointed part signifies the to bottom of the stairs. So the stairs in the SE section would be going up and the ones in the middle of the east side would be going down.

That aside, once we finish clearing this level we should go down/up the stairs the goblin went up/down.

Not sure there's actually a rule to this, been wondering that myself, should probably have checked some older modules, but either way, the important thing is to be consistent and in this case, I've selected to have the wide lines indicate the bottom of the stairs, so the SE stair goes down and the East one goes up, which is also described in the descriptions of those stair's chambers.

The goblin, if there was one, scurried up the East stair in the large chamber.

On 2/25/2024 at 5:41 PM, Calrond said:

With that, he quickly leads the others back to the safety of the Clan Ironaxe dwarfhold.

Any objections to heading back to the Halls of Ironaxe?

Anyone else for actions during your time in Ironaxe Halls? Otherwise, move back to the stair you just left post haste? Going to rest or just head back out?

I say we rest for a night, get some food and drinks, tell our tales to the other dwarfs and see if they have any information to share with us before we head out again. Maybe whatever info they have will result in a +x bonus to rolls we have out in another part of the dungeon level.

Also, can we buy healing potions with the dwarves? And maybe some more arrows to replenish what we used.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

Yeah, Yohan is looking for a spiked heavy steel shield... and maybe a few more weapons if the dwarves can spare them.

like 2 daggers, hand axe, spear etc... oil flasks, thunderstones, a chariot...

On 3/12/2024 at 4:48 AM, Chaotic Weevil said:

Seeing two already going with Beldas, Baldin instinctively follows after Dolan Keala once he realizes they still need one more. As they move forward, he quickly chants a supplication to increase his protection, readying for the fight.

I think this was a typo... as Dolan has gone with Beldas.

And the other... Keala needs one more, Baldin and Yohan go that way me thinks...

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

12 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

I think this was a typo... as Dolan has gone with Beldas.

And the other... Keala needs one more, Baldin and Yohan go that way me thinks...

No, this was correct:

The dwarf warriors all seem to know exactly where they're to go. Kealea grins as she reaches for the greatsword always strapped at her back.

"Come, three with me, Daltin and two with Beldas, we fight to keep the vermin back!"

With that, she turns to dash out the mess hall.

Beldas: Daltin+Dolan, then Baldin follows = 3

Kealea: Finwe+Qwynn = 2

If Yohan follows Baldin, as stated, the balance is 4/2 in terms of PC. There are other warriors present, including Kealea and Beldas, but Kealea did direct 3 to follow each of them.